One Day Workshop On Machine Learning Using Python on 13th February 2020
One day National Workshop On Artificial Intelligence – Machine Learning and Soft skills on 8th Feb, 2019
Click here for Brief report
Computer Application Department is organizing a One day workshop on “Android and iOS programming” On 18th Feb 2017
Computer Applications Department conducted technical symposium “CyberCrest 2016”
Final year best project awards
Computer Applications Department organized ONE- DAY WORKSHOP ON “INTERNET OF THINGS AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS”
Department of Computer Applications conducted one day workshop on”Android programming & Softskills”
“Android Programming & Softskill” on 13th feb’15
“Android Programming & Softskill” Workshop on 13th feb’15
- The department of computer applications conducted one day workshop on “Android Programming & Softskills” on 13th february’15.
- The Target audience for the workshop is undergraduate students from various colleges and universities all over tamil nadu.
- The resource person for the workshop is invited from delegates in hybreese technologies and Dr.Hameed, the stress management doctor from BSAIST.
Department of Computer Applications conducted New Initiative in Teaching and Learning
MOOC (Open Courseware) course on Design and Analysis of Algorithms was successfully launched on Thursday 20th Feb 2014
B. S.Abdur Rahman Institute joins SPARX Systems, Australia as R&D partner:MOU
MOU with SPARX Systems
- The SPARX “Enterprise Architecture” software is a bridging software used by over 3,30,000 users globally, across industry verticals including Banking, Insurance, Manufacture, IT, Aeronautics and semiconductors.
- The MoU signed between SPARX & BSAIST facilitates a partnership for training of students on the use of the software as well as making BSAIST as its hub for development and application of products using this SPARX Enterprise Architecture.
- This is the first MoU for incubating the R&D projects of Industry at the Centre for Innovation and Incubation of BSAIST.
- Vice Chancellor Prof. J.A.K. Tareen, Director Admission, ProVC, Registrar and Coordinator of project Prof. Sheik Abdul Khader were present.
- The Vice Chancellor in his remarks reiterated the commitment of BSAIST to make the University an R&D hub for industry through its Innovation and Incubation Centre.
- The CEO of SPARX, Mr. Nizam Mohammed and Vice President Mr. Mohamed Bakkrudeen were present.
- The CEO also expressed his desire to enhance SPARX level of cooperation with BSAIST progressively.
- In continuation of the MOU, five days training programme was arranged to our university faculty members from 24-11-2014 to 28-11-2014.
Department of Computer Applications conducted one day workshop on”Android programming”
“Android Programming” on 13th feb’15
- Mr. Gajendran Ganesapandian, Member of Technical Staff, Engineer (Pay Pal) India, was the Chief Guest for the workshop on Android Programming.
The department activities for the year September 2013 – January 2015 are,
- The Inauguration for the activities of the Computer Applications Association for the academic year 2012-13, was held on 6th September 2013. Mr. Venkatachari Raghavan, Principal Consultant, Tata Consultancy Services inaugurated the activities and delivered a key note address.
- Two Days National Conference on Recent Trends in Web Technology (RTWT’13) was conducted on 4th and 5th October 2013.
- Computer Applications Association organized a National Level Technical Symposium CYBERCREST on 7th October 2013.
- National Conference on Recent Trends in Web Technology was held on 4th and 5th October 2013. Dr.V.Ramachandran, Director, National Institute of Technology, Nagaland, Dr. Mangal Sunder. Professor from IIT, Dr. N. Swaminathan, Professor from Anna University, Mr. Ismail Mohammed Yusuf, Senior Software Developer, McAfee Software India Pvt. Ltd, Ms. Uma Selvam & Ms. Suba Surianarayanan, CACTES Software Pvt Ltd., Mr. Iniya Nehru, Senior Technical Director NIC, were the key note speakers.
- Mr. Shah Nawaz Khan Director – Services from Hibrise Technologies delivered a lecture on Mobile Applications and Android Programming on 6th March 2014.
- Mr. Sathya from Gani made solutions delivered lecture on Google Applications during 6th and 7th March 2014.
- Mr. Damodaran, CEO and Managing Director of Amex Technologies addressed the gathering on Striving towards Excellence and Mr. Thameem Saied, Technical Director, Fortran Cirkit Electronics, delivered a keynote speech on Importance of Soft Skills for developing Employability on 7th March 2014.
- On 14th March 2014, Mr. Gajendran Ganesapandian, a Member of Technical Staff Engineer, Pay Pal, India, addressed the students and presented a talk on Android Programming and encouraged students to develop mobile applications.
- Open house programme was conducted on March 29 to 31, 2014. Students of Computer Applications Department exposed their creativity in an innovative way by modeling,
- OSI layers
Accessing Internet using lifi Technology,
Wireless Sensor Network Home security system
Password Protection and Gaming
- ISTE workshop on “Pedagogy for effective use of ICT in Engineering” was conducted by IIT Bombay for two weeks from 12th June to 02nd August 2014.
- The Inauguration for the activities of the Computer Applications Association for the academic year 2013-14 was held on 17th September 2014. Mr. Udaya Sankar, Sector Skill Council, South India, NASSCOM was the chief guest for the function. He delivered a Motivational Talk on Placement Opportunities.
- Mr. Mohammed Bakkrudeen Vice President, Operations & Delivery, Sparx Systems India, delivered a lecture on Enterprise Architect Tool on Sep 17th 2014.
- On the same day Mr. Thameem Saied, Technical Director, Fortran Cirkit Electronics, Chennai, addressed students on Soft Skills for developing the Employability.
- On 2nd September 2014, Mr. Tajudeen, Placement Officer of our University addressed the students on how to prepare for interviews.
- Open house programme was conducted on January 9th and 10th, 2015. Students of Computer Applications Department exposed their creativity in an innovative way by modeling, Audino Security System, Data Center, Chat Application in LAN using canvas Technology, enhancing wi-fi through home appliances and VFX effects.
- An interaction session with Research Scholars was arranged on 19th January 2015. Prof. Ibrahim Sha, USA, addressed the gathering and interacted with the Research Scholars of B. S. Abdur Rahman Institute.
2 Day Workshop on .Net Technologies
National Conference on Recent Trends in Web Technologies
National Conference on Recent Trends in Web Technologies (RTWT ’09) on 25.03.2009
- Chief Guest for Inauguration:
Vice Chancellor, Anna University, Trichy.
- Panel Discussion : Title: “Role of University, Industry and Government in overcoming the Global Economic Meltdown”.
Dr.C.R.MUTHUKRISHNAN, Advisor TCS, Former Deputy Director, IIT.
Dr.QUDSIA GANDHI, I.A.S.,
Chairman and Managing Director, Overseas Manpower Corporation Ltd.,
Dr.P.KANNIAPPAN, Vice Chancellor, BSAIST
Mr.V.DAMODARAN, Director , Center for university industry collaboration,
Anna University Tirchy
Ms.ANU PARTHASARATHY, CEO, Global Executive Talent.
Chief Guest for Valedictory:
Dr.QUDSIA GANDHI, I.A.S,
Chairman and Managing Director, Overseas Manpower Corporation Ltd.,
Oracle University Visits BSAIST
Oracle University shared their desire to develop a long term professional association with B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute and had also acknowledged the efforts taken by the institution and faculty members to conduct Oracle Certification Programme for the benefit of the student community.
Open Source Technology
Open Source allows the source code to be available for all modification, customization, and improvement. It supports and encourages innovations from the developers rather than just beating around the bush. Hence, free is not only in terms of cost, but also in freedom of choice. The use of open-source software programs lowers the cost of IT in more ways than one.
In this connection, the Department of Computer Applications of B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute had taken up an initiative to explore and explode the Open Source Technologies by organizing a two days workshop for the students of B. S. Abdur Rahman Institute on 22nd and 23rd April 2010 in the University campus in association with The Hindu Business Line and NACE Solutions (P) Ltd.