School of Infrastructure
M.Tech. Construction Engineering & Project Management
For International Candidates
B.E. / B.Tech. in Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering or Equivalent degree in relevant field with a minimum CGPA of 5.0 / 50% of marks.
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination
Documents Required for International Admissions
All the International students will require a student visa endorsed by this Institution for joining full-time courses. No other endorsement is acceptable. The visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the course.
A visa is required for International students. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) who possess either OCI (Overseas Indian Citizenship) or PIO card do not require Indian Visa. OCI and PIO card gives them the freedom to visit India without a visa. OCI and PIO cards are a multi-purpose lifelong visa for visiting India. However, those PIOs who do not have PIO or OCI card have to apply for the student visa.
2. International Candidates should produce the following:
(i) Proof of age
(ii) Proof of nationality
(iii) 12th Grade mark sheet
3. Application form with all details furnished.
4. Photocopies of the following
(I) International bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
(II) Passport copy of student.
5. Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
6. Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific programme).
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
8. Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. An International student who has been granted admission to a particular Programme shall not be allowed to change the Programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
Takhellambam Rocky Devi
Director in Charge
Centre for International Relations
Mobile: +91 98844 99088
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenities and Service Fee (USD)
|1||M.Tech. Construction Engineering & Project Management (2 years)||CGPA in UG Programme
8.0 and above: 750*
Below 8.0 : 1500
|Merit Scholarship for M.Tech. Programme|
|CGPA in UG Programme||Scholarship on the fee|
|8.0 and above||USD 1500 per year as Scholarship*|
|Hostel Fee Per Year|
|Non A/C – Four Sharing||USD 1400|
|A/C – Four Sharing||USD 2000|
|A/C – Three Sharing||USD 2100|
|A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2200|
|International Hostel A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2700|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Admission Brochure 2021-22
M.Tech in Construction Engineering and Project Management programme offered by Department of Civil Engineering is designed to cater for a wide variety of students, including practicing engineers to acquire or upgrade their knowledge and skills to become successful entrepreneurs / contractors / project executives / project managers. Civil Engineers and Architects graduating in this programme will be transformed into a perfect blend of experts on latest construction technologies, execution methods, project planning, scheduling and cost estimation.
Special Features of M.Tech Construction Engineering and Project Management Programme
- Accredited by National Board of Accreditation
- Outcome based curriculum / syllabi, focused on industry need
- Courses handled by industry professional & affiliate faculty from abroad
- Training on latest software like Cost X, BIM, MS Project, Primavera, Revit, Q GIS and Auto Cad
- Well equipped Construction Materials & Technology laboratory and Computer laboratory exclusively for M.Tech Programme
- Mandatory internship in industry / academia / research organization
- Facilitates enrolment and credit transfer from massive open online courses
- Opportunity for the students to involve in Consultancy and Testing projects
- Facilitates students to establish new start ups through Crescent Innovation & Incubation Council (CIIC)
- Educational tour to Smart Cities, Green Buildings and construction sites
Programme Educational Objectives
- To educate graduates the concepts and practices of management in the construction industry
- To impart organizational and leadership qualities for effective management of construction projects with ethical responsibility
- To equip the graduates with knowledge, research and practical skills in modern construction practices and techniques giving importance to sustainable development
- To provide necessary knowledge and skills in accounting, financing, risk analysis and contracting
- To train the graduates in the use of relevant software packages for planning, scheduling, executing and controlling of construction projects and inculcate an
urge for life long learning
- To function effectively with individual capabilities as well as with a collective strength as a professional team with good communication skills
On successful completion of the programme, the graduates will be able to
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyses complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Use research–based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Programme Specific Outcomes
On successful completion of the programme, the graduates will
- Identify suitable modern construction materials, techniques, practices and equipments considering effective quality and safety management principles
- Plan, estimate and schedule construction projects using relevant software’s for civil engineering construction
- Implement various contract laws and regulations in the construction industry
- Project planning, Scheduling using Software like MS Projects, Primavera and BIM
- Cost Estimation and management
- Contracts, Tendering, Bidding process and arbitration
- Handling challenges at site
- Value Engineering, Optimizing building space and material use, Optimize operational and maintenance practices
- Safety Practices at site and quality control