School of Mechanical Sciences
For International Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISCE etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology. The candidates should have also secured minimum of 60% in graduation. B.E./B.Tech.in Mechanical / Auto / Manufacturing / Production / Industrial / Mechatronics / Metallurgy / Aerospace / Aeronautical / Material Science / Marine Engineering or Equivalent.
For International Students
- Candidate should secure minimum of 60% in graduation.
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
Documents Required for International Admissions
All the International students will require a student visa endorsed by this Institution for joining full-time courses. No other endorsement is acceptable. The visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the course.
A visa is required for International students. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) who possess either OCI (Overseas Indian Citizenship) or PIO card do not require Indian Visa. OCI and PIO card gives them the freedom to visit India without a visa. OCI and PIO cards are a multi-purpose lifelong visa for visiting India. However, those PIOs who do not have PIO or OCI card have to apply for the student visa.
2.International Candidates should produce the following:
i.Proof of age
ii.Proof of nationality
iii.12th Grade mark sheet
3.Application form with all details furnished.
4.Photocopies of the following
I.International bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
II.Passport copy of student.
5.Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
6.Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific programme).
7.Medical Fitness Certificate
8.Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. An International student who has been granted admission to a particular Programme shall not be allowed to change the Programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
Takhellambam Rocky Devi
Director in Charge
Centre for International Relations
Mobile: +91 98844 99088
FEE STRUCTURE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenity Fee (USD)
|1||M.Tech. CAD-CAM (2 years)||CGPA in UG Programme
8.0 and above: 750
Below 8.0 : 1500
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
Hostel Fee Per Year
|A/C Double Sharing (Accommodation & Boarding)||USD 2,200|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide a holistic approach in learning through well designed courses involving fundamental concepts and state-of-the-art techniques in the field of CAD – CAM
- To equip the graduates, with knowledge and skill to undertake design, analysis, evaluation of systems, processes and components
- To supplement course work through seminars, workshops, case studies and through paper presentation
- To inculcate research culture by way of solving typical problems, Project works from real life situation and innovative assignments
- To develop team spirit, problem solving skill and appreciation for ethical and social relevance of the technologies used
On completion of programme, the graduates will
- have sound conceptual knowledge and skill in the area of design and manufacturing
- be able to design, analyse and manufacture real life systems and components
- have capability to use latest software in the area of computer aided engineering for modelling, analysis and manufacture
- be able to undertake academic and applied research and address open ended problems
- have the ability to discharge professional, social & economic responsibilities ethically