School of Life Sciences
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISCE etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology. The candidates should have also secured minimum of 60% in graduation. B.Tech/B.E. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Technology, B.Pharm Or M.Sc., in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany/Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics.
For Foreign Students
- Candidate should secure minimum of 60% in graduation.
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Admission Fee
one-time payment (USD)
|1||M.Tech. Biotechnology (2 years)||CGPA in UG Programme
8.0 and above: 750
Below 8.0 : 1500
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
Hostel Fee Per Year
|NRI & International Students|
|A/C Double Sharing (Accommodation & Boarding)||USD 2,200|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide an introduction to the basic concepts of Biotechnology and its recent advances.
- For the basic understanding, this course includes advanced biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, immunotechnology, and microbial biotechnology.
- Moreover, several laboratory courses given in the individual sections of the curriculum with detailed information on the importance of biotechnology in basic and applied research.
- Finally this course explains the advanced sections of biotechnology like genetic engineering, nanobiotechnology, computational biology and medical biotechnology.
- This course provides necessary theoretical and practical experience in all divisions of biotechnology to pursue a professional career in this field.
- To provide broad exposure to various societal, ethical and commercial issues in the various aspects of biotechnology.
- Apply their knowledge of biotechnology into high end research
- Advanced sections of like Immunology, bioinformatics, nano-biotechnology will give broad information on applications and opportunities in the field of biotechnological research.
- Identify research and solve biochemistry, cell and molecular biology related problems related to the different types of animal and plant diseases.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary subjects in industries and research.
- Ability to communicate and function effectively in multi-disciplinary team related to the biochemistry and molecular biology