School of Infrastructure
For International Candidates
B.E. / B.Tech.in Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering or Equivalent
- Candidate should secure minimum of 50% in graduation
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination
Documents Required for International Admissions
All the International students will require a student visa endorsed by this Institution for joining full-time courses. No other endorsement is acceptable. The visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the course.
A visa is required for International students. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) who possess either OCI (Overseas Indian Citizenship) or PIO card do not require Indian Visa. OCI and PIO card gives them the freedom to visit India without a visa. OCI and PIO cards are a multi-purpose lifelong visa for visiting India. However, those PIOs who do not have PIO or OCI card have to apply for the student visa.
2. International Candidates should produce the following:
(i) Proof of age
(ii) Proof of nationality
(iii) 12th Grade mark sheet
3. Application form with all details furnished.
4. Photocopies of the following
(I) International bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
(II) Passport copy of student.
5. Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
6. Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific programme).
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
8. Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. An International student who has been granted admission to a particular Programme shall not be allowed to change the Programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
Takhellambam Rocky Devi
Director in Charge
Centre for International Relations
Mobile: +91 98844 99088
FEE STRUCTURE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenity Fee (USD)
|1||M.Tech. Structural Engineering (2 years)||CGPA in UG Programme
8.0 and above: 750
Below 8.0 : 1500
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
Hostel Fee Per Year
|A/C Double Sharing (Accommodation & Boarding)||USD 2,700|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- To impart knowledge and develop analytical skills to design structural components and systems based on codal provisions and create an urge for lifelong learning
- To impart skills in the usage of state of the art software tools for modeling and evaluation of structural systems
- To improve the analytical skills of the graduates through supportive teaching tools and methodologies as solution providers
- To develop research skills with full exposure to appropriate real time projects in the field of structural engineering
- To educate graduates in the use of sustainable, cost effective construction materials and practices
- To inculcate in students the ethical attitude, team work and effective communication skills
Structural Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyses complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Use research – based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Program Specific Outcomes
- Analyse and design structural components & systems using appropriate software and standards
- Apply engineering techniques and relevant software tools for solving structural engineering problems
- Undertake real time projects and research in the field of structural engineering