School of Computer Information and Mathematical Sciences
For International Candidates
- Passed BCA / B.Sc. in Computer Science / Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree from the recognized Universities / Institutions
- Passed B.Sc. in Mathematics / Physics / Chemistry / Others, B.Com. / BBA / B.A. / others from the recognized Universities / Institutions with Mathematics at 10+2 Level or at Graduation Level (with additional bridge Courses as per the norms of the Institute)
- Obtained at least 50% marks in the qualifying Examination and those appearing for their final examination (subject to passing) are also eligible to apply
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination
Documents Required for International Admissions
All the International students will require a student visa endorsed by this Institution for joining full-time courses. No other endorsement is acceptable. The visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the course.
A visa is required for International students. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) who possess either OCI (Overseas Indian Citizenship) or PIO card do not require Indian Visa. OCI and PIO card gives them the freedom to visit India without a visa. OCI and PIO cards are a multi-purpose lifelong visa for visiting India. However, those PIOs who do not have PIO or OCI card have to apply for the student visa.
2. International Candidates should produce the following:
(i) Proof of age
(ii) Proof of nationality
(iii) 12th Grade mark sheet
3. Application form with all details furnished.
4. Photocopies of the following
(I) International bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
(II) Passport copy of student.
5. Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
6. Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific programme).
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
8. Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. An International student who has been granted admission to a particular Programme shall not be allowed to change the Programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
Takhellambam Rocky Devi
Director in Charge
Centre for International Relations
Mobile: +91 98844 99088
FEE STRUCTURE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenities and Service Fee (USD)
|1||MCA||CGPA in UG Programme
8.0 and above: 750
Below 8.0 : 1500
|Merit Scholarship for MCA Programme|
|CGPA in UG Programme||Scholarship on the fee|
|8.0 and above||USD 1500 per year as Scholarship*|
|Hostel Fee Per Year|
|Non A/C – Four Sharing||USD 1400|
|A/C – Four Sharing||USD 2000|
|A/C – Three Sharing||USD 2100|
|A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2200|
|International Hostel A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2700|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Admission Brochure 2020-21
Program Educational Objectives
The Programme Educational Objectives of MCA (Master of Computer Applications) describe the accomplishments that the programme is preparing graduates to achieve
- To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematics and computing fundamentals required to analyse, apply, solve real time problems and pursue higher studies & research
- To provide technical knowledge in various programming languages and train them to comprehend, analyse, design and create innovative computing solutions for real time problems
- To prepare the students for a prolific career in IT and inculcate an urge for self-learning by providing an ambient environment to improve personality, excellence, leadership and spiritual values in all activities throughout the career
- To foster and provide a social environment which molds the students to become professionally enriched with communication, technical and innovative skills to meet the dynamic needs of industry and society
The programme outcomes of MCA describe the acquirement of students as they progress through the programme.
- Apply the knowledge of computing fundamentals and mathematical concepts in computer programming
- Identify, formulate, analyze and implement mathematics and technical skills to solve real time problems
- Design and develop the software to meet out the customer and industry needs
- Pursue research based and industry-oriented projects to provide valid conclusions for complex problems
- Use latest software and tools for solving problems and satisfy the dynamic needs of industry and society
- Become a software professional with social responsibilities and ethical values
- Solve societal and environmentally sensitive problems in professional manner
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Function as individual member or leader of team and able to manage projects in the software development process
- Comprehend, write effective reports and communicate their innovations and idea in an effective way
- Adapt self-learning using their learning abilities
- Develop as entrepreneur in the software domain through innovative approach and excel in placement activities
Programme Specific Outcomes
The graduates of the department will attain the ability
- To analyze, design and develop skills for real-time/industry or research projects in cloud computing /mobile applications / Data analytics technologies with vertical specialization
- To design and develop software products/services/solutions using appropriate tools and techniques for real time mobile, desktop and web applications
Salient Features of the Department
- Accredited by NBA since 2001
- Competent, Qualified and experienced faculty members
- Well-equipped laboratories with high configuration computers and WiFi enabled campus
- Encourage problem solving, analytical thinking and development of innovative IT solutions/applications
- Emphasis on nurturing innovations and entrepreneurship
- Industry linkage and placement support
- Live lectures ,tutorials, virtual labs, Massive Open Online Courses(MOOC) under MHRD QEEE porgramme
- Industry visits are regularly arranged
- Conferences, Seminars and Workshops are organized regularly