School of Life Sciences
For NRI Candidates
B.Sc., Botany / Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology /Biotechnology/ Genetics or equivalent.
- Candidate should secure minimum of 50% in graduation
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination
Documents Required for NRI Admissions
1. NRI candidates should produce Employer Certificate of the sponsor – either Father or Mother.
2. Application form with all details furnished.
3. Photocopies of the following
(I) NRI bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
(II) Passport copy of the parent having NRI status.
(III) Passport copy of student (except for NRI-S candidates)
4. Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
5. NRI Status Certificate in respect of father/mother.
6. Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
8. Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. NRI student who has been granted admission to a particular programme shall not be allowed to change the programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenity Fee (USD)
|1||M.Sc. Microbiology (2 years)||500||500||1000|
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
Hostel Fee Per Year
|A/C Double Sharing (Accommodation & Boarding)||USD 2,200|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- To communicate the basic knowledge in general microbiology with detailed subdivision of microbiology
- For the basic understanding this course includes microbial biochemistry, physiology and molecular Biology to give basic understanding of the microbiology
- Further bacteriology, virology, mycology give individual sections of microbiology with detailed information on economic importance of microbiology
- Finally this course explains the advanced sections of microbiology like Immunology, Microbial genetics, food microbiology, medical microbiology, Environmental microbiology, industrial microbiology and bioinformatics
- This course provides necessary theoretical and practical experience in all divisions of microbiology to become an effective professional
- This course provides broad exposure to various communities, ecological and commercial issues in the field microbiology
After successfully completing this course, the student should be able to
- On completion of the program the graduates will have applied knowledge in microbiology and the subdivision of microbiology
- Microbial Biochemistry, Physiology and Molecular Biology will give basic understanding of the microbiology
- Individual sections like bacteriology, virology, mycology give will give knowledge detailed information on economic importance of microbiology
- Advanced sections of microbiology like Immunology, Microbial genetics, food microbiology, medical microbiology, Environmental microbiology, industrial microbiology and bioinformatics will give broad information on microbiological applications and opportunities in the field of microbiology
- Identify research and solve microbiology related problems related to the different types of microbial derived diseases
- Ability to communicate and function effectively in multi-disciplinary team related to the microbiology