School of Life Sciences
M.Sc. Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
For NRI Candidates
B.Sc., Botany / Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology /Biotechnology/ Genetics or equivalent.
- Candidate should secure minimum of 50% in graduation
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination
Documents Required for NRI Admissions
1. NRI candidates should produce Employer Certificate of the sponsor – either Father or Mother.
2. Application form with all details furnished.
3. Photocopies of the following
(I) NRI bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
(II) Passport copy of the parent having NRI status.
(III) Passport copy of student (except for NRI-S candidates)
4. Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
5. NRI Status Certificate in respect of father/mother.
6. Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
8. Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. NRI student who has been granted admission to a particular programme shall not be allowed to change the programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenities and Service Fee (USD)
|1||M.Sc. Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (2 years)||500||500||1000|
|Hostel Fee Per Year|
|Non A/C – Four Sharing||USD 1400|
|A/C – Four Sharing||USD 2000|
|A/C – Three Sharing||USD 2100|
|A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2200|
|International Hostel A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2700|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Admission Brochure 2020-21
Programme Educational Objectives
The course aims to provide an advanced understanding of the core principles and topics of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and to enable students to acquire a specialized knowledge and understanding of selected aspects by means of a lecture series and a research project.
Hence, the main objectives of the program are:
- To provide an introduction to the basic concepts of biochemistry and molecular biology necessary for biochemical and biotechnology studies.
- For the basic understanding, this course includes biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, animal and plant biochemistry and immunology which will impart basic understanding of the biochemistry and molecular biology
- Moreover, several laboratory courses given in the individual sections of the curriculum with detailed information on the importance of biochemistry and molecular biology in various fields of biological importance.
- Finally this course explains the advanced sections of molecular biology like Immunology, recombinant DNA technology, nanobiotechnology, stem cells research, Pharmaceutical biotechnology and bioinformatics which will strengthen the academic foundation of the student
- This course provides necessary theoretical and practical experience in all divisions of biochemistry and molecular biology to become an effective professional in biotechnology sector.
- To provide broad exposure to various societal, ethical and commercial issues in the biochemistry and molecular biology
After successfully completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the properties of biomolecules and be able to predict behavior of molecules from in various biological environments
- Apply their knowledge of cell and molecular biology into high end research.
- Advanced subject areas like Immunology, bioinformatics, nano-biotechnology will give broad information on applications and opportunities in the field of biochemistry and molecular biology
- Identify research and solve biochemistry and molecular biology related problems related to the different types of human diseases
- Ability to communicate and function effectively in multi-disciplinary team related to the biochemistry and molecular biology
School of Life Sciences Promo Video
Placement and pursuing higher studies by post-graduate students (M.Sc)
Placement of M.Sc students
Name of the student
Name of the Company placed
Name of the Institution pursuing higher studies
No. of students admitted
No. students graduated
No. students placed
No. students doing higher studies
Molecular connections, Bangalore
PreludeSys India Ltd Chennai
Indian International school, Dhamam
IAS coaching center, Chennai
Ocius Life Sciences
Afsana Parveen M
Velammal new generation school, Chennai
SRM Institute of science and technology, Chennai.
Amaris Clinical (Division of Caplin Point Laboratories Limited)
Omega healthcare management, Chennai
V A Suvitha
Global hospital, Chennai
Cultivator Natural production private Limited Jodhpur
Dr.Rela institute international Medical centre,Chennai
Fetomed (Life Cell), Chennai
Shariq Ahmed .M
Omics International, Hyderabad
CSIR NET coaching
CSIR NET coaching
CCMB, INSPIRE fellow
Omics International, Hyderabad
Seagrass Tech Pvt Ltd, Karaikal
DSS Imagetech, New Delhi
Dr.JRK’s Research and Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.Chennai
Outcomes summary for M.Sc
Outcomes summary for M.Sc in %
|Placement of M.Sc students||Name of the student||Name of the Company placed||Name of the Institution pursuing higher studies||No. of students admitted||No. students graduated||No. students placed||No. students doing higher studies|
|M.Sc 2013-2015||Anil. B||–||BSACIST||3||3||2||1|
|Karabi.G||Molecular connections, Bangalore||N/A|
|Menaka. G||PreludeSys India Ltd Chennai||N/A|
|M.Sc 2014-2016||M.Farhana Fathima||Indian International school, Dhamam||N/A||5||5||4||1|
|R. Malini||IAS coaching center, Chennai||N/A|
|S.Zakia Fathima||Ocius Life Sciences||N/A|
|B. Famidha||Episource, Chennai||N/A|
|M.Sc 2015-2017||Afsana Parveen M||Velammal new generation school, Chennai||N/A||9||9||7||N/A|
|Nivashini A||SRM Institute of science and technology, Chennai.||N/A|
|Ramya R||Amaris Clinical (Division of Caplin Point Laboratories Limited)||N/A|
|Reshmarani. V.G||Omega healthcare management, Chennai||N/A|
|V A Suvitha||Global hospital, Chennai||N/A|
|Sakaram||Cultivator Natural production private Limited Jodhpur||N/A|
|Lazer E||Dr.Rela institute international Medical centre,Chennai||N/A|
|M.Sc 2016-2018||Rubeena Banu||Fetomed (Life Cell), Chennai||–||8||8||6||2|
|Shariq Ahmed .M||–||BSACIST, Chennai|
|Sangeetha.S||Omics International, Hyderabad||–|
|Aswini .M||–||SASTRA, Thanjavur|
|A. Ahmed||CSIR NET coaching||–|
|H. Ahmed||CSIR NET coaching||–|
|Balaji G||–||CCMB, INSPIRE fellow|
|Mahalakshmi||Omics International, Hyderabad||–|
|Md. Adnan||Biozeen, Bangalore||–|
|Thajulvaslin||Seagrass Tech Pvt Ltd, Karaikal|
|Arivazhagan.R||DSS Imagetech, New Delhi|
|Santhosini J.||Dr.JRK’s Research and Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.Chennai|
|Outcomes summary for M.Sc||37||34||29||5|
|Outcomes summary for M.Sc in %||91.89||85.29%||14.7%|