School of Arabic & Islamic Studies
B.A. Islamic Studies
Eligibility for B.A. Programme in Islamic Studies
The minimum qualification required to apply is a pass in 10+2 examination or equivalent examination in any stream with a minimum of 50% overall aggregate of marks from any recognized Central or State Board with the ability of Quran reading. Candidates date of birth should fall on or after 1st July 1999.
|Programmes||Tuition Fee Per Semester(INR)|
|BA Islamic Studies (Arabic Medium – Boys only)||5,000/-|
|BA Islamic Studies (English Medium – Girls only)||10,000/-|
|*Hostel Fee per Year|
|1||Establishment Charges||Rs 40,000/-|
|2||Boarding Charges||Rs 55,000/-|
*Amenity and Service Fee: Rs 5,000/ (one time payment)
|*Transport Charges per Year (Optional)|
|1||A.C. Bus||Rs 40,000 – 50,000/-|
*Transport charges varies based on the distance
The programme objectives covering all the three years of undergraduate courses are as follows:
- To impart knowledge in the subjects of Arabic and Islamic Studies.
- To promote innovative and logical thinking.
- To produce graduates who have a sound broad knowledge of fundamentals aspects of their specific areas and awareness of application of the subjects.
- To enable students to acquire extensive language skill in Arabic and English.
- To produce graduates who can contribute in public and private sectors at various level.
- To develop effective leadership quality among the students.
Programme Specific Objectives
- To impart detailed subject knowledge in Holy Qur’an, Hadith, Fiqh, Islamic History, Comparative Religions and Islamic Banking & Finance etc.
- To train students in finding solutions for modern issues of family life and social life in the light of Qur’an and Hadith.
- To provide knowledge of basic concepts and philosophy of major religions Hinduism, Christianity and Judaism about God, worldly life and Hereafter.
- To develop translation skill from Arabic into English and vice versa.
- To teach values and ethics in general and Islamic values and ethics in particular in practical life.
Upon the successful completion of the programme the students will be able:
- To demonstrate knowledge and competency in Arabic and Islamic Studies.
- To critically analyze the issues and problems in the light of Qur’an and Hadith.
- To provide solutions to familial and societal issues according to Islamic principles.
- To exercise leadership skills individually and collectively.
- To communicate effectively in Arabic and English both in written and oral.
- To translate texts from Arabic to English and vice versa professionally.
- To get employed in government and private sectors.
- To apply various modes of Islamic finance in business transactions.
- To contribute to interfaith and intra-faith dialogue to promote harmony in the society.
- To promote ethics and morality in their own lives and society.