School of Computer Information and Mathematical Sciences
Computer Science & Engineering
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISC etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
For NRI Students
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Mathematics, physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 50% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
- Date of birth of the candidate should fall on or after 1st July, 1998.
Documents Required for NRI Admissions
1. NRI candidates should produce Employer Certificate of the sponsor – either Father or Mother.
2. Application form with all details furnished.
3. Photocopies of the following
(I) NRI bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
(II) Passport copy of the parent having NRI status.
(III) Passport copy of student (except for NRI-S candidates)
4. Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
5. NRI Status Certificate in respect of father/mother.
6. Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
8. Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. NRI student who has been granted admission to a particular programme shall not be allowed to change the programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenity Fee (USD)
|1||B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering (4 years)||Percentage of Marks in Physics, Chemistry & Maths in +2 Exam
80% and above: 1500*
60% to 79%: 2000*
Below 60%: 2500
*To receive the merit scholarship in the subsequent years, students should secure minimum CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 7.5 in the semester examinations at the end of every academic year.
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
Hostel Fee Per Year
|A/C Double Sharing (Accommodation & Boarding)||USD 2,200|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- To introduce the fundamentals of science and engineering concepts essential for a computer engineer.
- To inculcate the knowledge of mathematical foundations and algorithmic principles for effective problem solving.
- To provide knowledge in computer science, modeling & design of computer based systems.
- To impart knowledge to analyze, design, test and implement software required for various applications.
- To hone personality skills, trigger social commitment and inculcate societal responsibilities.
- Analyse and build models applying the knowledge of mathematics, statistics, electronic, electrical and computer science discipline and solve the problem.
- Identify the sources of information for data collection, design and conduct the experiments and interpret the result.
- Think out-of-the box and solve the real time problems using their creativity in designing human friendly software systems.
- Comprehend computer engineering concepts ofthe new research developments and apply them to develop relevant software and hardware products.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply the computing knowledge to solve the socially relevant problems.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, societal context and apply it in exploring the new developments, research trends and involve them in research.
- Develop professional integrity by understanding and appreciating professional, legal, ethical, cyber security and related issues and act with responsibility.
- Communicate, collaborate and work as a team by involving in the group projects of multi-disciplinary nature.
- To prepare documents as per the standards and present effectively to improve software documentation skills.
- Apply the hardware and software project management techniques to estimate the time and human resources required to complete computer engineering projects.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes
- Understand, analyze and develop essential proficiency in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, big data analytics, networking and apply the knowledge to solve practical problems.
- Apply standard practices and strategies in hardware and software project development using open-ended programming environments for successful career and entrepreneurship.