School of Computer Information and Mathematical Sciences
Computer Science & Engineering
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISC etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
For Foreign Students
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Mathematics, physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
- Date of birth of the candidate should fall on or after 1st July, 1997.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Admission Fee
one-time payment (USD)
|1||B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering (4 years)||Percentage of Marks in Physics, Chemistry & Maths
80% and above: 1500*
60% to 79%: 2000*
Below 60%: 3000*
*To receive the merit scholarship in the subsequent years, students should secure minimum CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 7.5 in the semester examinations at the end of every academic year.
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
Hostel Fee Per Year
|NRI & International Students|
|A/C Double Sharing (Accommodation & Boarding)||USD 2,200|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- To introduce the fundamentals of science and engineering concepts essential for a computer engineer.
- To inculcate the knowledge of mathematical foundations and algorithmic principles for effective problem solving.
- To provide knowledge in computer science, modeling & design of computer based systems.
- To impart knowledge to analyze, design, test and implement software required for various applications.
- To hone personality skills, trigger social commitment and inculcate societal responsibilities.
- Analyse and build models applying the knowledge of mathematics, statistics, electronic, electrical and computer science discipline and solve the problem.
- Identify the sources of information for data collection, design and conduct the experiments and interpret the result.
- Think out-of-the box and solve the real time problems using their creativity in designing human friendly software systems.
- Comprehend computer engineering concepts ofthe new research developments and apply them to develop relevant software and hardware products.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply the computing knowledge to solve the socially relevant problems.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, societal context and apply it in exploring the new developments, research trends and involve them in research.
- Develop professional integrity by understanding and appreciating professional, legal, ethical, cyber security and related issues and act with responsibility.
- Communicate, collaborate and work as a team by involving in the group projects of multi-disciplinary nature.
- To prepare documents as per the standards and present effectively to improve software documentation skills.
- Apply the hardware and software project management techniques to estimate the time and human resources required to complete computer engineering projects.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes
- Understand, analyze and develop essential proficiency in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, big data analytics, networking and apply the knowledge to solve practical problems.
- Apply standard practices and strategies in hardware and software project development using open-ended programming environments for successful career and entrepreneurship.