School of Life Sciences
Eligibility for Admission
B.Tech/B.E. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Technology, B.Pharm Or M.Sc., in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany/Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics
M.Tech. Fee Structure
1. For Non-GATE Candidates
|Tuition Fee per Semester – CGPA in UG Programme|
|Sl. No.||Name of the Programme||9.0 and above||8.0 to 8.9||7.0 to 7.9||Below 7.0|
|1||M.Tech||Rs 10,000||Rs 20,000||Rs 30,000||Rs 40,000|
|Merit Scholarship for M.Tech. Programme (Non-Gate Candidates)|
|CGPA in UG Programme||Scholarship on the fee|
|9.0 & Above||Rs.60,000/- per year as Scholarship*|
|8.0 – 8.9||Rs.40,000/- per year as Scholarship*|
|7.0 – 7.9||Rs.20,000/- per year as Scholarship*|
2. For GATE Candidates
|Sl. No.||Name of the Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester|
|Amenities and Service Fee – One time payment at the time of admission|
|1||Amenities and Service Fee||Rs 20,000|
|*Hostel Fee per Year|
|1||Establishment Charges||Rs 40,000/-|
|2||Boarding Charges (Advance)||Rs 55,000/-|
*Caution Deposit (Refundable) ( one time payment): Rs.5000/-
|*Transport Charges per Year (Optional)|
|1||A.C. Bus||Rs 40,000/- to 50,000/-|
*Transport charges varies based on the distance
Admission Brochure 2020-21
Programme Educational Objectives
The course aims to provide an advanced understanding of the core principles and topics of Biotechnology and their experimental basis, and to enable students to acquire a specialized knowledge and understanding of selected aspects by means of a lecture series and a research project.
Hence, the main objectives of the program are:
- To provide an introduction to the basic concepts of Biotechnology and its recent advances.
- For the basic understanding, this course includes advanced biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, immunotechnology, and microbial biotechnology.
- Moreover, several laboratory courses given in the individual sections of the curriculum with detailed information on the importance of biotechnology in basic and applied research.
- Finally this course explains the advanced sections of biotechnology like genetic engineering, nanobiotechnology, computational biology and medical biotechnology.
- This course provides necessary theoretical and practical experience in all divisions of biotechnology to pursue a professional career in this field.
- To provide broad exposure to various societal, ethical and commercial issues in the various aspects of biotechnology.
After successfully completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Apply their knowledge of biotechnology into high end research
- Advanced sections of like Immunology, bioinformatics, nano-biotechnology will give broad information on applications and opportunities in the field of biotechnological research.
- Identify research and solve biochemistry, cell and molecular biology related problems related to the different types of animal and plant diseases.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary subjects in industries and research.
- Ability to communicate and function effectively in multi-disciplinary team related to the biochemistry and molecular biology
School of Life Sciences Promo Video
Alumni Video Feedback
Placement of M.Tech students
Name of the student
Name of the Company placed
Name of the Institution pursuing higher studies
Tota number of students admitted
Total number of students graduated
Total number of students placed
Total number of students doing higher studies
Anthony Roxon M
Steril Gene Life Sciences, Chennai
Microlab Pvt. Ltd., Hosur
Fathima Sameena M
Microlab Pvt. Ltd., Hosur
Mohammed Abrar Basha
Showkat Ahmad Lone
Outcomes summary for M.Tech
Outcomes summary for M.Tech in %
|Placement of M.Tech students||Name of the student||Name of the Company placed||Name of the Institution pursuing higher studies||Tota number of students admitted||Total number of students graduated||Total number of students placed||Total number of students doing higher studies|
|M.Tech 2017-2019||Anthony Roxon M||Steril Gene Life Sciences, Chennai||6||6||6||–|
|Dony Jose||Microlab Pvt. Ltd., Hosur|
|Fathima Sameena M||Health watch|
|Ishwarya R||Microlab Pvt. Ltd., Hosur|
|Mohammed Abrar Basha||BSACIST, Chennai|
|Showkat Ahmad Lone||Histogenetics, Bangalore|
|Outcomes summary for M.Tech||6||6||6||0|
|Outcomes summary for M.Tech in %||–||100%||100%||N/A|