School of Life Sciences
For International Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISC etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
For International Students
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Mathematics, physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 50% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
- Date of birth of the candidate should fall on or after 1st July, 1998.
Documents Required for International Admissions
All the International students will require a student visa endorsed by this Institution for joining full-time courses. No other endorsement is acceptable. The visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the course.
A visa is required for International students. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) who possess either OCI (Overseas Indian Citizenship) or PIO card do not require Indian Visa. OCI and PIO card gives them the freedom to visit India without a visa. OCI and PIO cards are a multi-purpose lifelong visa for visiting India. However, those PIOs who do not have PIO or OCI card have to apply for the student visa.
2. International Candidates should produce the following:
(i) Proof of age
(ii) Proof of nationality
(iii) 12th Grade mark sheet
3. Application form with all details furnished.
4. Photocopies of the following
(I) International bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
(II) Passport copy of student.
5. Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
6. Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific programme).
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
8. Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. An International student who has been granted admission to a particular Programme shall not be allowed to change the Programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
Takhellambam Rocky Devi
Director in Charge
Centre for International Relations
Mobile: +91 98844 99088
FEE STRUCTURE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenities and Service Fee (USD)
|Percentage of Marks in Physics, Chemistry & Maths in +2 Exam
80% and above: 1500*
60% to 79%: 2000*
Below 60%: 3000
|Merit Scholarship for B.Tech. Programmes|
|+2 Cut off marks range||Scholarship on the fee|
|80% and above||USD 3000 per year as Scholarship*|
|60 – 79%||USD 2000 per year as Scholarship*|
*To receive the merit scholarship in the subsequent years, students should secure minimum CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 7.5 in the semester examinations at the end of every academic year.
|Hostel Fee Per Year|
|Non A/C – Four Sharing||USD 1400|
|A/C – Four Sharing||USD 2000|
|A/C – Three Sharing||USD 2100|
|A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2200|
|International Hostel A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2700|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- This course will facilitate the graduates to be professionally competent in Biotechnology to solve the problems in environmental, food, biochemical and biomedical engineering
- This course will offer students with a solid foundation in Chemical engineering and Biological Sciences, to enable them to work on engineering applications in biotechnology as per the requirement of the industries, and also will enable the students to pursue higher studies and research
- This course will enable students to acquire knowledge on the fundamentals of Biochemistry, Cell biology, Microbiology and Molecular biology to enable them to understand basic concept in modern biology and help them to build their carrier in this field
- This course will facilitate the students to acquire knowledge in fields such as genetic engineering, protein engineering, and Bioprocess engineering and associated downstream processing enabling their application through Bioprocess technology
- This course will aid the students to learn the recent developments in the field of Genomics, Proteomics, Cancer Biology and modern drug discovery approaches. It will also empower the students to have advanced focus on the molecular basis of diseases and development of advanced therapeutics
- This programme will teach students the importance of Bioethics, entrepreneurship, communication and management skills
- This course will also offer the graduates to demonstrate their proficiency in theory and practice of bio-techniques through life-long learning and provide confidence to perform as an individual and / or member of a team with professional and ethical behavior
- Graduates of the course will have strong background in the interface of modern biology and advanced bioprocess technology and be able to use these tools in industry and/or institutes wherever necessary
- Graduates will identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science, and engineering sciences
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Graduates of the course will have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- Graduates of the course will function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Graduates of the course will communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large
- Graduates of the course will apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering and technology practice
- Graduates of the course will design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations