|Nature of Employment
||MA, M.Phil., Ph. D
- Research Methodology
- Social Movements
- Ethics & Human values
- Law for Engineers
Areas Of Research Interest
- Serving as the Department of Academic Audit Committee (DAAC) Coordinator for the course “Law for Engineers” and the Department of Academic Audit Committee (DAAC) Member for the course “Introduction to Economics”.
- ISO Member
- NBA Member
- Member of organizing committee of workshops and seminars in School of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Board of Studies member
- International funding agency handled (UNESCO)
- Project consultancy in various NGO’s
- Planning, implementation and monitoring of State and Central Government sponsored scheme
Paper Publications in International and National Journals
- P.Devi (2019), “Importance of Reproductive health awareness among the rural adolescents” International Journal of Business Intelligence and Innovations, ISSN 2348 4705
- P.DEVI (2018), Problems of the Elderly People in India: An overview, International Journal of Research in Economics and Social Sciences (IJRESS), ISSN(o): 2249-7382 | Impact Factor: 6.939, Vol. 8 Issue 11, November- 2018, pp. 1-5
- P. Devi (2017), Antenatal Care Practices And Outcome Of Adolescent Pregnancy In Rural Tamilnadu, Internal Journal of Research in Economics and Social Sciences (IJRESS), ISSN(o): 2249-7382 | Impact Factor: 6.939 , Vol. 7 Issue 5, May- 2017, pp. 212~222 .
- P. Devi (2017) Menstrual Hygiene: Knowledge And Practices Among Adolescents In Rural Areas, Internal Journal of Research in Economics and Social Sciences (IJRESS), ISSN(o): 2249-7382 | Impact Factor: 6.939 , Vol. 7 Issue 5, May- 2017, pp. 251~264.
- Devi.P(2017) “Knowledge and Adoption of family planning practices among adolescent mothers in rural Tamil Nadu” published by International Journal of Research in Economics and Social Sciences (IJRESS), ISSN:2249-7382,Impact Factor 6.939, Vol.7, Issue 1, January-2017,pp 124-131.
- Devi.P(2016)“Awareness of rural adolescents on sexually transmitted diseases” in International Journal of Research in Economics and Social Sciences (Impact Factor-6.225), Volume 6, Issues 5 (May 2016)
- Devi. P (2015), “Knowledge and Reproductive Health Practices of Adolescent Mothers in Rural Areas of Tamil Nadu”, European Academic Research Journal, Volume-III, Issue-3, pp. 3517-3532, ISSN: 2286-4822, June2015, Impact factor: 3.45.
- Devi.P (2008), “Integrated a human rights approach to poverty alleviation Programmes in Tamil nadu, India” United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization,South Asia pp. 244-246.
- Devi.P (2006), “Impact of Antenatal Care on Pregnancy Outcome”, Journal of Extension and research. Volume 8, No. 1 & 2 (2006), pp. 45-46, 0972-351X.
Seminars/ Conferences Participated
- Participated in a one Day National Seminar on “E-Learning and MOOCs in Higher Education” organized by Crescent FTA team, B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai – 48, on 09/03/2019
- Participated and presented a paper entitled “Impact of Demonetization and cashless transaction on Indian rural society” in International Conference on Digitalization of Banking Operations: Outreach, Challenges and Impact On Economy organized by Alpha Arts and Science and science College, Chennai on 1/3/2019
- Participated and presented a paper entitled “Importance of Reproductive health awareness among the rural adolescents” in International Conference on Indian Education System organized by Thiruthangal Nadar College, Chennai on 16/2/2019
- Participated and presented a paper entitled “Tamil renaissance and social transformation” in International Conference on Progressive Outlook of Tamil Literature organized by Department of Tamil, BSACIST on January 25, 2019
- Participated and presented a paper entitled “Health Status , Famly Relation and Living Conditions of Elderly People in Rural Areas of Tamil Nadu” in an ICSSR Sponsored two day National Seminar on “Elder Abuse and Social Exclusion” during January 24 and 25, 2018.
- Attended a one day seminar on “Case Study Writing and Teaching Methods”, organized by Department of Management Studies, BSACIST on January 4, 2018.
- Participated in the National Conference on “Higher Education and Career Opportunities”, organized by the Department of Management Studies, B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute, Chennai – 600048 on 10th October 2017.
- Attended and presented a paper in an ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar on “Achieving Clean Indian Society- Prospects and Problems” entitled “Importance of Sanitation-An Overview”, organized by the Department of Sociology, Periyar University, Salem-636011, on 30 and 31 March, 2017.
- Attended and presented a paper in an ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar on “Economic Growth and Social Inequalities” entitled “Maternal Health Care Practices and Outcome of Adolescent Pregnancy in Rural Tamil Nadu”, organised by Post Graduate and Research Department of Economics, Muthurangam Government Arts College, Vellore-632002, on 18th and 19th February, 2016.
- Attended an ICMR – Sponsored National Conference on “Women and Mental Health: A Psychosocial Perspective” organized by the School of Social Sciences and Humanities, B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute on 17/2/2016 and 18/2/2016.
- Attended an ICSSR – Sponsored National Conference on “Socio – Economic and Political Status of Muslims in India: Challenges and Development” organized by the School of Social Sciences and Humanities, B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute, Chennai – 48 on 21.01.2015 to 22.01.2015.
- Participated in a three day workshop on “Writing Quality Research Articles, Project Proposals and Patents”, organised by Office of Dean (Research) at B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Vandalur, Chennai-48 during 20th July 2018 to 22nd July 2018
- Attended a one day workshop on “Mental Health and Stress Management for Teachers” organised by School of Social Sciences and Humanities, B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai on 7th March, 2018.
- Participated in one day workshop on “Research Methodology” organised by Sri Venkateswara college of Engineering, on 19th August 2017
- Attended a one day workshop on “Capacity Building of Women in Higher Education” organised by the Women Empowerment Cell, B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute, Chennai on 1st April 2017.
- Attended ICMR-Sponsored two national conference on “Women and Mental Health : A Psychosocial Perspective” by the school of social sciences and Humanities, B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute on 17 and 18 February 2016.
- Attended a one day workshop on “Preparing Technical Teachers for Optimal Class Room Delivery through English Language.” organized by the School of Social Sciences, B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute, Chennai-48 in association with Cambridge English on 28/10/2015.
- Participated in a two day National workshop on “Quality Research” on 10/10/2015 and 11/10/2015 organized by Sri Ramanujar Engineering College, Chennai – 127.
- Participated in a one day workshop on Women Academic Managers: Challenges and Approaches held on 29th April 2015 at B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute.
- Attended a one day national workshop on “Quality Assurance in Academic and Sponsored Research” held on 23rd October 2013 at Sri Ramanujar College, Vandalur, Chennai – 127.
- Attended the “The Third International Workshop on Teaching and Learning in the Twenty First Century” organized by the Faculty Training Academy, BSAIST, Chennai on 17 December, 2013.
- International workshop on life skills education for youth development” conducted by Department of Adult continuing Education, Chennai.
- “Workshop on teacher evaluation” Conducted by Department of Applied Research, Gandhi gram Rural University.
- “Promotion of life skills among adolescents” conducted by UGC and UNICEF
- Devi. P (2014), “Sexual and Reproductive Health Behaviour of Adolescent Mothers”, Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN: 978-3-659-52877-4.
Chapter in Book Published
- P.Devi (2019), “Health Conditions of Women in Urban slums of TamilNadu”, ISBN 9789388398633, Published by Shanlax Publications, 2019
- P.Devi (2018), “Health Status, Family relation and Living condition of Elderly people in Rural areas of TamilNadu”, published in edited volume of book titled as ‘Elder Abuse and Social Exclusion’, with ISBN 9789387587724. Published by B. R. Publishing Corporation, Delhi, 2018
- Dr.P.Devi (2017) “Importance of Sanitation-An Overview” published in edited volume of book titled as ‘Cleanliness as Godliness’ with ISBN 978938653263. Published by Shanlax Publications, 2017.
- Devi .P (2014), “Reproductive Health Problems of Adolescents-A Survey Article”, Social Maturity on Physical and Mental Growth, ISBN: 978-81-929575-2-4, September 2014.
- Devi, P. (2014), “Maternal and Child Care Practices of Adoloscent Mothers in Rural Tamil Nadu”, Women Education and Women Empowerment, pp. 310-323, ISBN 978-93-313-2343-9, APH Publishing Corporation, New Delhi- 110002