||Downloads(curriculum & syllabi)
||M.Sc. Chemistry Curriculum & Syllabus
||M.Sc Chemistry (Regulation 2016)
||M.Sc Chemistry (Regulation 2014 Revised)
||M.Sc Chemistry (Regulation 2014)
||M.Sc Chemistry (Regulation 2011)
For M.Sc Chemistry: B.Sc. Chemistry / Applied Science
For Ph.D:M.Sc Chemistry
M.Sc. Chemistry programme provides specialization in
- Environmental Chemistry
- Green Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Students are trained to operate latest analytical equipment which enables them to take up R&D position immediately after their academics.
- Students are provided necessary opportunity to go for internship in industry and/ or research laboratories/ institutions of national importance.
PEO & PO
Programme Educational Objectives
- To demonstrate a broad knowledge of descriptive Chemistry.
- To impart the basic analytical and technical skills to work effectively in the various fields of chemistry.
- To motivate critical thinking and analytical skills to solve complex chemical problems, e.g., analysis of data, interpretation of spectra, prediction of chemical structure, team-based problem solving, etc.
- To demonstrate an ability to conduct experiments in the above sub-disciplines with mastery of appropriate techniques and proficiency using core chemical instrumentation and modeling methods.
- To perform accurate quantitative measurements with an understanding of the theory and use of contemporary chemical instrumentation, interpret experimental results, perform calculations on these results and draw reasonable, accurate conclusions.
- To develop skills in quantitative modeling of static and dynamic chemical systems.
- To develop laboratory competence in relating chemical structure to spectroscopic phenomena.
- To synthesize, separate and characterize compounds using published reactions, protocols, standard laboratory equipment, and modern instrumentation.
On successful completion of this programme, the students will be able to
- think critically and analyze chemical problems.
- present scientific and technical information resulting from laboratory experiments in both written and oral formats.
- work effectively and safely in a laboratory environment.
- use technologies/instrumentation to collect and analyze data.
- work in teams as well as independently.
- apply modern methods of analysis to chemical systems in a laboratory setting