Mr. Syed Shaul Hameed
|Nature of Employment
||+91 44 2275 9200,77 (Office)
||Year of Passing
|| Engineering Design
||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Coimbatore
||Anna University, Chennai
||No. of Years
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology
||July 2013 to till date
- Metrology and Mechanical Measurements
- Design of Transmission Systems
- Automobile Engineering
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Area of Research Interest
- Experimental Modal Analysis
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Rotating Machine Condition Monitoring
International Journal / National Journal / International Conferences / National Conferences / Seminars / Workshops
- Syed, S. H., & Rameshkumar, K. (2017). Construction of a Low Cost Cutting Tool Dynamometer and Static Calibration of Measuring Cutting Force in a CNC Milling Machine (No. 2017-28-1931). SAE Technical Paper.
- Hameed, S. S.,Vaithiyanathan, M., &Kesavan, M. (2019). Fault Detection in Single Stage Helical Planetary Gearbox Using Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) and Decision Tree with Histogram Features (No. 2019-28-0151). SAE Technical Paper.
- Moinuddin, S. Q., Hameed, S. S., Dewangan, A. K., Kumar, K. R., & Kumari, A. S. (2021). A study on weld defects classification in gas metal arc welding process using machine learning techniques. Materials Today: Proceedings, 43, 623-628.
- Hameed, S. S., Muralidharan, V., & Ane, B. K. (2021). Comparative analysis of fuzzy classifier and ANN with histogram features for defect detection and classification in planetary gearbox. Applied Soft Computing, 107306.
- Hameed, S. S., & Muralidharan, V. (2021). Fault Detection in Single-Stage Helical Planetary Gearbox Using Support Vector Machine (SVM) and Artificial Neural Network (ANN) with Statistical Features. Advances in Design and Thermal Systems: Select Proceedings of ETDMMT 2020, 119.
Reviewer for the refreed International Journal
Major FDP / Workshop / Seminar Attended & Organised
- Attended five day AICTE sponsored FDP on “Recent Advancements in Industrial Instrumentations and Signal Processing Techniques”. (21st August – 25th August), 2017 at IIITDMJ.
- Attended five day AICTE sponsored STTP on “Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning Techniques”. (30th November – 5th December), 2020 at BSACIST.
- Completed an online course on “Introduction to Matlab Programming” conducted by Vanderbilt University, for 9 weeks (5th May 2020)
- Completed a certified course on “Matlab OnRamp” offered by Mathworks. (June 2020)
- Delivered a virtual International Guest lecture on “Introduction to data science with Matlab”. (May 2020)
- Attended a webinar on “Artificial Intelligence, Automated Driving and Model-Based Design Using MATLAB and Simulink” (September 2019)
- Participate online webinar on “Industry 4.0 Technology Pillars” conducted by CMTI, Bangalore. (September 2020)
- Participate online webinar on “Condition Based Monitoring for CNC Machine Tools” conducted by CMTI, Bangalore. (September 2020)
- Attended a webinar on “Virtual Labs for Mechanical Engineering” conducted by Mathworks. (August 2020)
- Successfully completed a course on – “Foundations of Deep Learning”, organized by CSIR-CEERI, Chennai under Skill Development Program Initiative (March 2021)
- Received best paper award for “Fault Detection in Single Stage Helical Planetary Gearbox Using Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) and Decision Tree with Histogram Features”, 2019.
- Received a fund amount of 10,000/- from Tamil Nadu State Council of Science and Technology (TNSCST) for the project title “Fault diagnosis on single stage helical planetary gearbox using machine learning algorithms” under student project scheme.
- Class Advisor for B.Tech, Mechanical 2014-2018 Batch
- Faculty Advisor for B.Tech Students
- Various administrative positions