Mr. N. Ravikumar
|Nature of Employment
||Year of Passing
||Machine Tool Engineering
||Bharathair University, Chennai
||No. of Years
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute
||June, 2011 to
||Sona College of Technology, Salem
||August 2007 To May 2011
||3 yrs& 9 months
||August 2001 to April 2002
- Computational flow and heat transfer
- Finite Element method
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Vibration and Noise control
- Strength of Materials
- Machine component design
- Kinematics of Machinery
- Machine dynamics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering mechanics
- Manufacturing technology
- Engineering graphics
- Professional ethics & human values
Areas Of Research Interest
- Tribology study of automobile brake pad
- Vibration Analysis of components and structures – Free and Forced vibration, Experimental Modal Analysis.
- Finite Element analysis – Structural Static & Dynamic, Fatigue, Thermal steady and transient, Coupled field, Modal, Harmonic analysis and optimization of Wind turbine, Machine & Automobile components.
- Nonlinear analysis of hydro forming process
- Modeling and simulation of dynamic mechanical systems.
- CFD study of heavy loaded trucks & wind turbine blades.
International & National Journal
- “Experimental Studies on properties of steel based bimetal material”, 2nd Heat Treatment & Surface Engineering conference and expo 2016 & Concurrent Event Automotive Materials and Manufacturing”, 12- 14 May 2016, Chennai.
- “Tribological Properties of Brake Friction Materials”, 2nd Heat Treatment & Surface Engineering conference and expo 2016 & Concurrent Event Automotive Materials and Manufacturing”, 12- 14 May 2016, Chennai.
- “Modal Analysis of disc brake system”, 2nd Heat Treatment & Surface Engineering conference and expo 2016 & Concurrent Event Automotive Materials and Manufacturing”, 12- 14 May 2016, Chennai.
- “Effect of solid lubricants on the tribological properties of the disc brake pad”, International conference on recent trends in engineering and technology, St.Joesph’s Institute of Technology, May 2016.
- “Development of wear resistance brake pad material for air disc brake pad”, National conference on “Recent trends in efficiency management in industries-2015, 10th of April 2015 at Saveetha university, Chennai
- “Isogrid stiffened electronic enclosure for avionic applications”, National conference on TIME 2015organized by Dr.M.G.R university,Chennai
- Year 2016 – Associated with Bimetal Bearings Ltd, Chennai and completed the project of Experimental and Numerical study of hydro forming study of bimetal strips.
- March 2016 – Resource person in National level workshop on FEM and its applications, at MIET, Salem on March 2016
- December 2015 – Resource person in FDP on Finite Element Analysis approved by Anna University, titled “at DGCT, Salem on December2015.
- In charge of Dynamics lab
- Member – Curriculum development for M.Tech CAD-CAM & B.Tech (Mech.) Design Stream
- Member in SAR Preparation NBA – CADCAM
- Review Committee Member – PG Project work
- Faculty Advisor of SAEKRT,
- Assisting Faculty of SAE BAJA 2016
- Lead Faculty of aSOP
- PG project guidance