Mr. M. Balasrinivasan
|Nature of Employment
||Year of Passing
||No. of Years
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
||27.06.2011 to Till date
- Engineering Drawing
- Engineering Design
- Basic Engineering Mechanics
- Solid Mechanics
- Manufacturing process
- Machine component Design
- Finite Element Analysis
- Integrated product design
Areas Of Research Interest
- Erosive wear
- Solid state welding technology
- Metallurgical and Mechanicalbehaviour of alloys
- Simulation of welding processes
- Numerical Analysis of Flow Stress and Temperature Distribution of Friction Stir Welded Aluminium Alloy 6063-O, IOSRD Internaational Journal of Engineering, 2014.
- Influence of Process Parameters on Aluminium Alloy 6061-O joints by Friction Stir Welding Process, Bonfring International Journal of Engineering and Management Science, 2015. DOI: 10.9756/BIJIEMS.8065
- Grey Relational Analysis and Taguchi Method for the Parametric Optimization of Single Pass Friction Stir Welded Aluminium Alloy 7075-T6 Joints, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2016. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.852.331
- Metallurgical and Wear Behaviour of Stellite 6 Reinforced Stainless Steel 316 joints by Nd-YAG Laser Welding Process, SAE Technical Papers, SAE International, 2019. DOI: 10.4271/2019-28-0147
- Mechanical and Metallurgical Properties of Friction Stir Welded Aluminium Alloy 6061-O” in “International conference on Advances in Materials, Manufacturing and Applications” April 9th to 11th 2015 held at NIT Trichy.
- Grey Relational Analysis and Taguchi Method for the Parametric Optimization of Single Pass Friction Stir Welded Aluminium Alloy 7075-T6 Joints” in “International Conference on Mechanical Engineering Design” April 25th to 26th 2016 held at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai.
- Influence of SiC Powders on AA 7075 – T6 joints by Friction Stir Welding Process “International Conference on Advances in Materials and Manufacturing Applications” August 16th to 18th 2018 held at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham(Deemed to be University), Bengaluru.
- Participated in “One Day Conference on Future of Advanced Manufacturing”, conducted by Deakin University – IIT Madras Centre of Excellence in Advanced Materials and Manufacturing, IIT Madras Reasearch Park, Chennai, 15th March 2019.
- Temperature Distribution Study of Friction Stir Welded AA Alloy 7075 – T6 joints Reinforced with SiC“International Conference on Materials, Manuafcaturing and Modelling” March 29th to 31st 2019 held at VIT (Deemed to be University), Vellore.
- Metallurgical and Wear Behaviour of Stellite 6 Reinforced Stainless Steel 316 joints by Nd-YAG Laser Welding Process “Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility” October 11th and 12th 2019, conducted by SAE India Southern Section.
- Presented a paper titled “Numerical Analysis of Flow Stress and Temperature Distribution of Friction Stir Welded Aluminium Alloy 6063-O” in “4th National Conference on Advances and Innovations in Civil & Mechanical Engineering” August 23rd 2014 held at Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Chennai.
Reviewer in International Journal
- SAE Technical Papers – SAE, United States of America.
International / National Level Summit / Workshop / Seminar
- Organizer for International Conference on Advances in Design, Materias, Manufacturing and Surface Engneering for Mobility (ADMMS 2018), SAE Southern Section, India, Chennai.
- Organizer for International Conference on Advances in Design, Materias, Manufacturing and Surface Engneering for Mobility (ADMMS 2019), SAE Southern Section, India, Chennai.
Conference Session Chair
- Session Chair at ADMMS 2018, Friction and wear Session, Conducted by SAE Southern Section, India.
- Attended a five day induction training programme for faculty sponsored by “Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology & NCSTC Delhi”, B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai (June 2011)
- Attended a five day workshop on “Engineering Graphics” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai (July 2011)
- Attended one day workshop on “Quality Assurance in Academic and Sponsored Research” conducted by B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai (March 2015)
- CIM Laboratory In-Charge
- Faculty Advisor, IV Year Mechanical A section
- Class advisor for I year B.Tech Mechanical Part-time(apollo)
- Member – Curriculum development for B. Tech Mechanical Engineering
- Member in preparation of alumini details for NBA: CAD-CAM
- Faculty advisor for Team Crestrac
- Voluteer in TDC (Tractor Design Competition) 2019 conducted by SAE India Southern Section.
- Department level incharge – website
- Department level incharge – TCSiON