Dr. V. Muralidharan
|Nature of Employment
||Year of Passing
||Karpagam University, Coimbatore
||Computational Engineering and Networking
||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
||Madras University, Chennai.
||No. of Years
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
||12.03.2014 – Till date
||G.K.M College of Engineering & Technology, Perungalathur
||02.05.2013 – 07.03.2014
||SRM University, Kattankulathur
||03.12.2009 – 30.04.2013
||3 yrs 5 months
|Assistant System Engineer
||Tata Consultancy Services, Mumbai
||24.09.2007 – 26.11.2009
||2 yrs 2 months
- Kinematics of Machinery
- Dynamics of Machinery
- Engineering Graphics
- Engineering Mechanics
- Statistics and Quality Managemet
- Machine component Design
- Trasnmission System Design
Area of Research Interest
- Machine Condition Monitoring
- Wavlets for Condition monitoring
- Machine Learning
International Journal / National Journal/International Conferences / National Conferences/ Seminars / Workshops
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “A comparative study between Naïve bayes classifier and Bayes net classifier for Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal pump using wavelet analysis, Applied Soft Computing, Volume 12, Issue 8, August 2012, pp. 2023 – 2029
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “Feature Extraction using Wavelets and Classification through Decision Tree Algorithm for Fault Diagnosis of Mono-Block Centrifugal Pump” Measurement, Volume 46, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 353-359.
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “Rough Set Based Rule Learning and Fuzzy Classification of Wavelet Features for Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal Pump” Measurement, Volume 46, Issue 9, November 2013, Pages 3057-3063
- V. Muralidharan, S. Ravikumar, H.Kanagasabapathy “Condition monitoring of Self aligning carrying idler (SAI) in belt-conveyor system using statistical features and decision tree algorithm”, Measurement, Volume58,Decemer2014, pages 274–279
- V.Muralidharan, V.Sugumaran, M. Indira “Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal pump using SVM” Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, Volume 17, September 2014, 152-157.
- 6. V. Sugumaran, V. Muralidharan and K.I. Ramachandran, “Feature selection using Decision Tree and classification through Proximal Support Vector Machine for fault diagnostics of roller bearing”, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Volume 21, Issue 2, February 2007, pp. 930-942
- S. Ravikumar, H. Kanagasabapathy, V. Muralidharan “Fault diagnosis of self-aligning troughing rollers in belt conveyor system using k-star algorithm” Measurement, Volume 133, February 2019, Pages 341-349
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “Selection of Discrete Wavelets for Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal Pump using the J48 Algorithm”, Applied Artificial Intelligence, Volume 27, Issue 1, Jan 2013, pp.1-19
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran, N.R. Sakthivel “Wavelet Decomposition and SupportVector Machine for Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal pump”, International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, Volume 3, Issue 2, May 2011, pp. 159 – 177
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “Fault Diagnosis of Centrifugal Pump using Wavelet Features– a Fuzzy Based Approach” Int.J. of Computational Systems Engineering, Volume 1, Issue 3, Sep 2013, pp. 175 – 183
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “SVM Based Wavelet selection for Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal pumps” International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, Vol.8, Issue 4, 2016, pp.357-369
Doi : 10.1504/IJDATS.2016.081364
- 12. V.Muralidharan, V.Sugumaran, BharathkumarHegde and Sathyasambitrath “Fault Diagnosis of Centrifugal Pump Using Haar Wavelet Transform”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 13, 2010, pp.2307-2316.
- V.Muralidharan, V.Sugumaran, P.Shanmugam, K.Sivanathan “Artificial Neural Networkbased Classification of Monoblock Centrifugal Pump using Wavelet Analysis”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Volume 1, Issue 1, 2010pp. 28 – 37.
- V. Sugumaran, V. Muralidharan, Bharath Kumar Hegde, Ravi Teja C, “Intelligent Process Selection for NTM – A Neural Network Approach”, International Journal of IndustrialEngineering Research and Development, Volume 1, Issue 1,2010, pp. 87 – 96.
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran, GauravPandey “Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal Pump using Stationary Wavelet Features and J48 Algorithm”International Journal of Production Technology and Management, Volume 1, Issue 1, 2011,pp. 65-70.
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran, GauravPandey “SVM Based Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal pump using Stationary Wavelet Features” International Journal of Design and Manufacturing Technology, Volume 2, Issue 1, 2011, pp. 1-6.
- V. Muralidharan, Hemantha Kumar, V. Sugumaran, “Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock centrifugal Pump Using Discrete Wavelet Features and J48 Algorithm” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Volume 3, Issue 1, 2012, pp. 120-126.
- V.Muralidharan, V.Sugumaran, N.R.Sakthivel “Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal Pump Using Stationary Wavelet Features and Bayes Algorithm” Asian Journal of Science and Applied Technology, Volume 3, Issue 2,Dec 2014, pp.1-4.
- V. Muralidharan and V. Sugumaran “A Comparative Study between Support Vector Machine (SVM) and Extreme Learning Machine (ELM) for Fault Detection in Pumps” Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 9(48), December 2016
- V. Muralidharan, V.Sugumaran, “Selection of Wavelets for Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal pump using J48 Algorithm” COSMA- 2011, held at Amrita VishwaVidyapeetham, Coimbatore, December 2011.
- V. Muralidharan, V.Sugumaran, “Effect on Performance with Cascading Effect of Fault Diagnosis of Centrifugal Pump” COSMA- 2011, held at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, December 2011.
- S. Siddarth, V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “Condition Assessment of Robots in Flexible Assembly System” COSMA- 2011, held at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, December 2011.
- S. Ravikumar,V. Muralidharan,H.Kanagasabapathy “Condition Monitoring of Self Aligning Carrying Self aligning carrying idler (SAI) in Belt-Conveyor System using Statistical Features and support vector machine” ICCIAMR-2014, held at Vels University, Chennai, May 2014.
- K.Radhakrishnan, V.Muralidharan “Optimization of Weld Parameters and Weld Bead Dimensions in welding of 0.3%C-Cr-Mo-V Steel by Gas Tungsten Arc Welding process”, ICMED – 2016, held at SSN Engineering College, Chennai.
- S. Ravikumar, H.Kanagasabapathy, V. Muralidharan, S. Giftlin “ Vibration based fault detection and condition monitoring using Decision Tree Algorithm for Training carrying Idlers (TCI) in Belt-Conveyor System” ICMED – 2016, held at SSN Engineering College, Chennai.
- S. Ravikumar, H.Kanagasabapathy, V. Muralidharan, S. Giftlin “Application of Decision Tree Algorithm in classification and identification of faults in Self Aligning Training idlers in bulk material handling belt conveyor systems”, ICFEST – 2016, held at Agni College of Engineering, Chennai.
- S Ravikumar, S Kanagasabapathy, V Muralidharan, RS Srijith, M Bimalkumar “Fault diagnosis of self-aligning troughing rollers in a belt conveyor system using an artificial neural network and Naive Bayes algorithm”, proceedings of the International Conference in Emerging Trends in Engineering, Science and Technology (ICETEST 2018), January 18-20, 2018.
National Conference – Published
- V. Muralidharan, K. Vijayakumar, K.P. Soman, “Dimensionality Reduction using PCA and Classification through SVM for Fault Diagnostic System” held at College of Engineering, Trivendrum during December 2006.
Reviewer for the following refreed international journals
- Measurement – Journal of the International Measurement Confederation, Elsevier.
- ISA Transaction – Elsevier (Awarded Outstanding reviewer of the year 2017)
- International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology, Elsevier.
- Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Elsevier.
- Neural Computing and Applications, Springer Publications.
- International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering Technology,Inderscience.
International/National Level summit/ workshop/seminar
Guest Lecture Delivered
- Delivered a lecture on ‘Equilibrium of Rigid Bodies‘ in a FDP on Engineering Mechanics at B.S. Abdur Rahman University, Chennai on 24-12-2014.
- Delivered a guest lecture entitled ‘Balancing of Reciprocating Masses‘atVelammal Engineering College,Chennai on 19-09-2014.
Conference / Workshop Organised
- Organized an International Conference on Solar and Biomass Energy (ICSBE-2013) during 7th and 8th of Jan 2014 at GKM college of Engg. & Tech.,
- Organized an International workshop on “Energy, Environment & Efficiency EEE 2013” during 12-13 th Sep 2013 at GKM college of Engg. & Tech.,
- Organized a one day national seminar on “Solid Waste Management” on 23rd august at GKM college of Engg. & Tech.,
Conference / Workshop Participated
- Faculty training programme on “Lesson plans for Engineering Graphics” during July 2012 at SRM University, Kattankulathur.
- Mission 10X workshop on “High Impact Teaching Skills” between 16-04-2012 and 20-04-2012 at SRM University, Kattankulathur.
- National workshop on “Programming Approach and Industrial Applications on PLC” during March 2010 at Annamalai University, Chidambaram.
- National workshop on “An introduction to Computational Chemistry and Molecular Modeling” during July 2006 at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- National workshop on “Mathematical Transform Methods in Engineering” during February 2006 at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- National workshop on “Research Frontiers in Machine Translation in Indian Languages” during January 2006 at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- Member in Board of Studies
- Member in UG and PG curriculum revision
- Department level DAAC member
- Department Coordinator for research publications
- Coordinator for NBA CAD-CAM
- Class Advisor for M.Tech. 2014 – 2016 Batch
- Faculty Advisor
- Class Committee Chairman