Dr. S. Jeavudeen
||Assistant Professor (sr. Gr.)
|Nature of Employment
||+91 44 2275 1347,48,50 (Office)
||Year of Passing
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai
||Sathyabama University, Chennai
||Bharadidasan University, Trichy
||No. of Years
|B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology
||December 2010 To July 2013
||2 years 8 months
|Senior Executive / Training
||ETA M&E, Dubai
||April 2008 to November 2010
||2 years 7 months
||Jeppiaar Engineering College, Chennai.
||August 2005 to April 2008
||M.I.E.T.EngineeringCollege , Trichy.
||July 2000 to August 2008
- Engineering Graphics
- Engineering Mechanics
- Kinematics of Machinery
- Dynamics of Machinery
- Solid Mechanics
- Basic Manufacturing Process
- Metal Cutting and Machine Tools
- Transmission system Design
- Advanced Strength of Materials
- Advanced Optimization Techniques
- Operation Research & System Analysis
Areas of Research Interest
- Electrical Discharge Machining
- Engineering Optimization
- S Jeavudeen, H Siddhi Jailani and M Murugan, “Effect of process parameters in the machining of Titanium alloy and high speed steel in powder mixed electrical discharge machining process”, Materials Today: Proceedings, 27, pp. 615-619, 2020. DOI: 10.1016/j.matpr.2019.12.156,2020
- S. Jeavudeen, H. Siddhi Jailani and M. Murugan, ”Powder additives influence on dielectric strength of EDM fluid and material removal”, International Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials, 22(1), pp. 47-61, 2020. DOI: 10.1504/IJMMM.2020.104010
- S.Jeavudeen, H Siddhi Jailani and M Murugan, ”Influence of Thermo-Electrical Property of Materials on Powder Mixed Electrical Discharge Machining”, FME Transaction, 47 (3), pp.518-523, 2020. DOI: 10.5937/fmet1903518J
- K. Palanikumar, L. Karunamoorthy, S. Ramesh Babu and S. Jeavudeen, “Application of ANN for prediction of tool wear in machining of GFRP composites”, Proceedings of International Conference on Recent Advance in Material Processing Technology, 2006, pp 95–104. New Delhi: Allied Publishers
- Presented a paper titled “Influence of process parameters on Electrical Discharge Machining” in International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering, Technology and management – 2014 held at Mount Zion College of Engineering, Pathinamthitta, Kerala on 05.07.2014
Conference Proceeding Paper without editors:
- Presented a paper titled “Influence of process parameters on Electrical Discharge Machining” in International conference held at Mount Zion College of Engineering, Pathinamthitta, Kerala on 05.07.2014.
- Presented a paper titled “Enhancement of Machining Performance of Titanium Alloy in the PMEDM Process” in International conference held at Saveetha University on 10.05.2015.
- Filed a patent for examination. Topic: “Eductor based Powder-Mixed EDM (PMEDM) setup”. Application number: 201941019464 dated 16.05.2019
Seminars / Workshops
- Two weeks Live FDP on “Applocation of Moodle LMS” 11th to 25th July 2020, organized by B. S. A Crescent Institute of Science & Technology.
- One week online FDP on “HTML”, 20-24th April 2020, organized by IIT Bombay & B. S. A Crescent Institute of Science & Technology.
- Two days National Level Workshop on “Advanced Composite Materials – A Research Perspective”, 02 – 03, Feb 2018 at Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai.
- One week “Training programme on Academic Leadership”, conducted by MHRD, Govt of India, 17 Jan to 23 Jan 2018, at New College, Chennai.
- One day workshop on “Current Development in Physics and its Applications”, 19th Mar 2015 at Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai.
- One day workshop on “Quality Assurance in Academic and Sponsored Research”, 07th Mar 2015 at Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai.
- One day workshop on “Rapid Proto-typing Technology and its applications to industries in engineering and healthcare”, 22nd Mar 2014 at VIT, Chennai.
- DST sponsored Three days workshop on “Sensor Interface & Integration in R&D work”, 28 – 30 Jan 2013 organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Two days workshop on “Quality Research Methods”, 28 – 29 June 2012 organized by Faculty Training Academy, at Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai.
- Two days workshop on “LabVIEW and its Application”, 17 – 18 Feb 2012 organized by Department of Biomedical Engineering, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai.
- Five days “Induction Training Programme for Faculty”, 27 Jun – 01 Jul 2011, Sponsored by Tamilnadu Sate Council for Science & Technology and NCSTC – Delhi, at Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai.
- Two days workshop on “Design Appreciation Lab”, 29 – 30 Dec 2010 organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, at Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai.
- Two days TEQIP workshop on “Emerging Trends in Corrosion Control & Surface Engineering”, 09 – 10 Feb 2007, conducted by Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Trichy.
- Participated in Three days workshop on “Accreditation”, 20 – 22 July 2006, organized by NITTTR and HRD at Jeppiaar Engineering College, Chennai.
Awards and Honors
- Best faculty award for the year 2007in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Jeppiaar Engineering College, Chennai.
- Letter of Appreciation, for conducting Kaizen Robotics Workshop during 2011 to 2013, by IIT-M Lema Labs, IIT-M Chennai.