Dr. M. A. Sai Balaji
|Nature of Employment
||+91 44 2275 1347,48,50(Office)
||Year of Passing
||Mechanical / Friction Composites
||Anna University Chennai
||Computer Aided Design
||Anna University Chennai
||No. of Years
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology
||June 2014 to till date
||6 yrs 08 months
||GKM College of Engg& Tech.
||Dec 2010 To June 2014
||3 yrs 06 months
||SreeSastha Inst. of Engg& Tech
||May 2008 to Nov 2010
||2 years &6 months
||Hindustan College of Engineering
||July 2007 to May 2008
||KLN College of Engineering
||June 2003 to July 2007
|Maintenance of Machine Tools
||M/s. Bajaj Tempo Ltd., Pune
||August 1994 to Dec 2001
||06 yrs 04 months
- Engineering Graphics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Applied Materials Engineering
- Design of Transmission systems
Area of Research Interest
- Brake Pad (Formulation, testing and emission studies)
- Aluminium die casting
- Adaptive control of Tool wear by grey wolf optimization and Neural controller in Drilling, International Journal of Robotics and Automation, Vol 36, Issue 1 (2021),(I.F 0.987)
- Comparative study of disc brake pads sold in Indian market – Impact on safety and environmental aspects,Environmental Technology & Innovation,Vol.21,101245 February 2021, (I.F 3.356)
- Experimental analysis and Validation of torsional stiffness of a Tubular space frame chassis, Materials Today: Proceedings, Feb. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2021.02.238(Scopus Indexed)
- Tribological Performance of Brass Powder with Different Copper and Zinc Content in the Brake pad, Tribology in Industry 42 (No 2, 2020), 177-190 (Scopus Indexed)
- Tribological performance of graphene/graphite filled phenolic composites – A comparative study,Composite Communications, Vol.15, 34-39, 2019 (I.F 4.915)
- Monitoring of drill runout using Least Square Support Vector Machine classifier, Measurement, Vol 146, pp 24-34, 2019,(I.F 3.364)
- A Comprehensive Physical, Chemical and Morphological Characterization of Novel Cellulosic Fiber Extracted from the Stem of Elettaria Cardamomum Plant, Journal of Natural Fibers, pp 1-12, 2019, (I.F 2.622)
- Tribological performance evaluation of epoxy modified phenolic FC reinforced with chemically modified Prosopisjuliflora bark fiber, Materials Research Express, Vol 6, Issue No.7, 2019,(I.F 1.929)
- Effect of silane surface treatment on the physico-mechanical properties of shell powder reinforced epoxy modified phenolic friction composite, Materials Research Express,Vol 6, Issue 6, 2019,(I.F 1.929)
- Characterization of alkaline treated ArevaJavanica fiber and its tribological performance in phenolic friction composites, Materials Research Express,Vol 6, Issue 11, 2019,(I.F 1.929)
- Tribological performance evaluation of newly synthesized silane treated shell powders in friction composites,Materials Research Express,Vol 6, Issue 6, 2019,(I.F 1.929)
- The dual role of metal sulfides as lubricant and abrasive: an interface study in friction composite,Materials Research Express,Vol 6, Issue 4, 2019,(I.F 1.929)
- Development of an Automated and Dedicated Measuring System of Tube Dimensions Using 1d and 2d Laser Displacement Sensors, FME Transactions, Vol 47, Issue 1, pp 122-128, 2019 (Scopus Indexed)
- Prediction and Geometric Adaptive Control of Surface Roughness in Drilling Process, FME Transactions, Vol 47, Issue 3, pp 424-429, 2019 (Scopus Indexed)
- Effect of Steel Family Fibers on Friction and Stiction Behavior of Brake Pads, FME Transactions, Vol 47, Issue 4, pp 856-864, 2019 (Scopus Indexed)
- Tribo Performance of Brake Friction Composite with Stainless Steel Fiber,Lecture notes in Mechanical engineering, pp. 159-169,2019, (Scopus Indexed)
- Strain Analysis of AA6063 AluminumAlloy by Tube Hydroforming Process,Lecture notes in Mechanical engineering, pp. 13-21,2019, (Scopus Indexed)
- The Hybrid Effect of Jute/Kenaf/E-Glass Woven Fabric Epoxy Composites for Medium Load Applications: Impact, Inter-Laminar Strength, and Failure Surface Characterization, Journal of Natural Fibers, DOI: 10.1080/15440478.2018.143182, January 2018, (I.F 2.622)
- Characterization of Arevajavanica fiber – A possible replacement for synthetic acrylic fiber in the disc brake pad. Journal of Industrial Textiles, 152808371877944. doi:10.1177/1528083718779446 (2018)(I.F 2.010)
- Influence of Binder on Thermomechanical and Tribological Performance in Brake Pad, Tribology in Industry Vol.40, Issue 4, pp.654-669, 2018 (Scopus Indexed)
- Effect of chemical treatment and fiber loading on physico-mechanical properties of Prosopisjuliflora fiber reinforced hybrid friction composite,Materials Research Express,Vol 6, Issue 3, 2018,(I.F 1.929)
- Correlation of field and experimental test data of wear in heavy commercial vehicle brake liners, Friction, March 2017, Volume 5, Issue 1, pp 56–65.(I.F 5.290)
- Presented paper in International Conference on Robotics, Automation & Non-Destructive Evaluation, during 19-20 July 2018, Hindustan Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai. Title of the paper: Prediction and Geometric Adaptive control of surface roughness in drilling process.
- Presented paper in International conference ICAIEA 2018 ; Paper code: GE16 059during 03-05 January 2018,Anna University Chennai. Title of the paper :Correlation of Test bench with actual vehicle condition at Indian commercial passenger cars.
- Presented paper in International conference ICAIEA 2018 ; Paper code:QM11 031during 03-05 January 2018,Anna University Chennai. Title of the paper : Connecting Business Centers and Establishing Central Nodal Centre Considering Distance, Population and Real GDP as Weights using Weiszfeld Algorithm and Concept of Minimum Cost Spanning Tree-An Analysis
- Presented paper in International conference ICEMMM 2018 – Paper ID: MMM108 during 15-16 February 2018, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai. Title of the paper :Tribo performance of brake friction composite with stainless steel fiber.
- Presented paper in International conference ICEMMM 2018 – Paper ID: MMM14 during 15-16 February 2018, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai. Title of the paper : Strain Analysis of AA663 aluminium alloy by tube Hydroforming process
- A.SaiBalajji and B.Suryarajan, “Fade and recovery behavior of furfural and boron modified friction dust”, in Proc. International conference on Hybrid and Composite Materials, Chemical Processing:HCMCP-2016, at St.Peter’s Engineering College, Hydrebad, Telangana.
- A.SaiBalajji and B.Suryarajan,“Tribo performance of a NA disc brake pad developed using two types of Organic friction modifier” in Proc. International Conference on Materials, Design and Manufacturing Process, ICMDM 2016, at CEG, Chennai.
- A.SaiBalaji and K.Kalaichelvan “Alteration of Alkyl Benzene modified phenolic resin matrix in a friction composite material-Effect on friction and wear performance” in Proc. Int Conferences on Advances in Materials processing and characterization, 2013 ISBN:M978-81-8424-820-3.
Workshops / Training Programs Organized
- Indian Organizer for the 5th Railway Brake & Friction ONLINE International Conference, organized by Brake Friction, U.K, during December 9,2020.
- Organized a webinar in collaboration with Rimsa Metal Technology, Barceloa, Spain on “Modification of oxidation properties of sulfide mix towards friction stability in NAO brake pad” during 04th June 2020.
- Organized a webinar jointly with Electrical Engineering Department on “Battery Operated Electric Vehicles” during 26th May 2020.
- Organized a five days short term Training program (STTP) on “BASICS OF FRICTION MATERIAL FORMULATION” during 24th and 28th February 2020.
- Organized a one Day National level workshop on Friction Material Concepts & Electronic braking system in association with Mando Automotive system ltd during August 28, 2019.
- Organized a one-day national level work shop on Friction Material Concepts – Formulation, Testing & Environmental Issues during 10th April, 2018.
Resource person in Workshops / Seminars / Conferences organized by external professional agencies
- Delivered a Lecture on “Comparative study of disc brake pads sold in Indian market – Impact on safety and environmental aspects” for one session in the six days Faculty Development Programme organized by Centre for Automotive Materials, Department of Automobile Engineering, SRMIST, 14 – 19 December 2020.
- Delivered a Lecture on “Onboard Wear Analysis of Disc Brake pad using Digital Twin” in AICTE sponsored STTP on Cyber- Physical manufacturing Systems for Future Industries organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IFET College of Engineering during 13th August 2020.
- Delivered a Lecture on “Design and Development of Friction Composites” for one session in a two weeks AICTE sponsored FDP on Advanced Materials & Manufacturing Technology, organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Banglaore during 07th December 2017.
- Delivered a Lecture on “Application of Friction Composites in Automotive Industry” for one session in a One day National workshop on “Challenges and Innovations in Advanced Polymeric Composite”, organized by Kamaraj College of Engineering & Technology, Virudhunagar during 23rd Feb 2017.
Industrial Consultancy works:
- Upgradation of an existing old machine which is designed for a single product to suit similar products with varying geometry.
Industry :TechMath Engineering, Chennai. (Ongoing)
- Development of Disc brake pads for PV for the aftermarket as per ECE R90 Annex 9.
Industry :Pritech Engineering, Chennai. (Ongoing)
- Filed an Indian Patent under the name of the Article “ Interface Temperature measurement of frictional composite using Tribometer (PINON DISC),Application number 250507 dated 28/12/2012
- Filed an Indian Patent under the title “ Development of Non Asbestos, Low copper friction material for Automotive Disc brake pads, Application number 4818/CHE/2012 dated 19/11/2012.
- Indian Patent – Dry Mixing Machine and method of Mixing of friction material. Status : Appl. No. 201641009076 Filed March 15th, 2016.
- Part time Coordinator (For Mando Automotive & Apollo Tyres ltd.,)
- Department Curriculum Development Coordinator