Dr. J. Mahashar Ali
||Assistant Professor (Sr. Gr.)
|Nature of Employment
||B.E,M.S (By Research), Ph.D
||+91 44 2854 3110 (Home), +91 9445162696 (Mobile)
||Year of Passing
||B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology
||Anna University, Chennai
||PSG College of Technology, Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore.
||No. of Years
||Crescent Engineering College
||10.11.1999 to 28.01.2002
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Engg. College
||28.01.2002 to 18.04.2005
|Lecturer to present Asst. Professor (Senior Grade)
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology
||18.04.2005 to till date
- Basics of Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Graphics (Delivered a whole youtube lecture in this subject)
- Engineering Mechanics (Partial youtube lectures delivered in this subject)
- Solid Mechanics
- Manufacturing Technology
- Metrology and Mechanical Measurements
- Automobile Engineering
- Finite Element Method
Areas Of Research Interest
- Chip Form Monitoring in Metal Cutting (Metal Cutting)
- Surface Roughness Evaluation of Machined Surfaces using Image Processing (Measurement)
- Published 27 youtube video lectures on Engineering Graphics which is having a total of more than 10 lakh views. The lectures also well commented.
Youtube lecture Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/BSAUNIV/videos?sort=p&flow=grid&view=0
- Mahashar Ali J. and Murugan M., ‘Influence of Chip Breaker Location and Angle on Chip Form in Turning Low Carbon Steel’, Journalof Machining and Machinability of Materials, 2009, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 452-475.
- Ali, J. Mahashar, H, Siddhi jailani and M. Murugan. (2020) “Surface Roughness Evaluation of Electrical Discharge Machined Surfaces using Wavelet transform of Speckle Line images Measurement.
- Ali, J., Jailani, H. and Murugan, M., (2019). Surface Roughness Evaluation of Milled Steel Surfaces Using Wavelet Transform of Laser Speckle Line Images. Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 44, pp. 371-384.
- Ali, M., Jailani, S., Mariappan, M., Anandan, M. and Pavithran, V., (2019). Vision Based Surface Roughness Characterization of Flat Surfaces Machined with EDM (No. 2019-28-0148). SAE Technical Paper.
- Ali, J. Mahashar, H. Siddhi Jailani, and M. Murugan. (2019) “Surface Roughness Evaluation of Milled Surfaces by Image Processing of Speckle and White-Light Images.” Advances in Manufacturing Processes, pp. 141-151.
- Suhail, SI Mohamed, Mahashar Ali, H. Siddhi Jailani, and M. Murugan.(2018) “Vision based system for surface roughness characterisation of milled surfaces using speckle line images.” IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 402, no. 1, p. 012054.
- Ali, J. Mahashar, and M. Murugan. (2017) “Surface roughness characterisation of turned surfaces using image processing.” International Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials 19, no. 4: 394-406.
- Google scholar Citations 44
- H-index 5
International & National Journal
- Mahashar Ali J. and Murugan M., ‘Influence of Chip Breaker Location and Angle on Chip Form in Turning Low Carbon Steel’, Int. Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials, 2009, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 452-475.
- Completed a course in “CNC Milling programming and operations” sponsored by B.S.A Crescent Engineering College at NSIC, Chennai from 30.11.2009 to 11.12.2009.
- Attended the “Educators Day 2009” the annual technical forum for faculty and research scholars conducted by National Instruments.
- Attended the national conference “APDMM 2008”, organized by Mechanical Engg. Department of BSA Crescent Eng. College during Jan 7- 8, 2008.
- Attended the seminar on “Heat Load Calculations” organized by Mechanical Engg. Department, Anna University, Chennai in association with ISHRAE Chennai Chapter (August 2008).
- Mahashar Ali, H. Siddhi Jailani and M. Murugan “System and method for analysis of roughness quality of flat specimens using image processing”. Application no. 201941019465 dated 16.05.2019 and published on 20.11.2020.
- CAD Engineer (Having 5 years of experience in all CAD software)
- Incharge – Metrology Laboratory
- Various administrative positions