|Nature of Employment
||Year of Passing
||Computer Aided Design
- Finite Element Analysis
- Vibration Analysis
- Solid Mechanics
- Applied Hydrualics and pneumatics
- Engineering Metrology and Measurements
- Engineering Graphics
Area of Research Interest
- Design and Performance on Solar Dish Cavity Receiver
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
Short term courses conducted
- Conducted Basic Engineering Mechanics Bridge course for Lateral Entry Students during June – July 2014 and June – July 2015.
- “Synthesis and characterization of smart Materials” conducted by Sri Ram College of Engineering, Chennai on 25-08-2010.
- “Quantitative research techniques for Engineers and Researches” conducted by Sri Ram College of Engineering, Chennai on 29-10-10.
- “Patenting system in India” conducted by Velammal Engineering College, Chennai on Nov 2011.
- “Quality in Measurement” conducted by Velammal Engineering College, Chennai on January 2012.
- “Solar Power” Organized by NIT Trichy, June 2013.
- “Solar Thermal Power Generation” Organized by Centre Of Continuing Education IIT Madras, July 2013.
- “Improving Energy Sustainability” Organized by Indo German Centre For Sustainability IIT Madras Chennai, December 2014.
- “Intensive Training in Computational Fluid Dynamics” VIT Chennai, December 2014.
- Workshop on “Challenges and Opportunities in Solar Energy Conversion” Organized by VIT Vellore, August 2016.
- “INUP Familiarization Workshop on Nanofabrication Technologies, held at IIT Bombay, Mumbai during November 29 – December 01, 2017.
- “NCPRE Familiarization Workshop on Photovoltaics, held at IIT Bombay, Mumbai on November 30, 2017
- AICTE Sponsored Two Weeks Faculty Development Programme on “ Design and Mitigation of Issues in Micro-Grids using HOMER and PVsyst.” Organized by Easwari Engineering College, Chennai. November 2017.
- Presented a paper titled “Design and Analysis of Solar Reflector and Receiver by maximizing areas” conducted by Sathiyabama University, Chennai, on 2010.
- Presented a paper titled Materials used for Solar Thermal Power Plants- A comparative study conducted by Saveetha Engineering College, Chennai on March 2012.
Inter National Conferences
- Presented a paper titled “Studies on Suitability of Heat Exchanger to Solar Receivers for Solar Thermal Power Applications” organized by IIT Bombay, Mumbai.
- Presented a paper titled “Development and Analysis of Solar Gas Turbine” at ICP2015 by jointly organized by Anna university and IIT Madras.
- Presented paper titled “Performance study on Solar Receiver” organized by Sri Sairam College of Engineering & IFERP, Anekal-Bangalore.
- Presented Paper titled “Performance Studies on the Modes of Heat Transfer in Solar Dish Receiver by Experimental and CFD Analysis, International Conference on Trends and Advanced Research in Green Energy Technologies, ICTARGET-2017’, at VIT-Vellore, 30th & 31st March, 2017.
- A. Muthu Manokar*, M.Vimala, D. Prince Winston, Rajendran D.R, Ravishankar Sathyamurthy, A.E. Kabeel, “Energy, Exergy and Economic analysis of a conventional solar still and peltier integrated conventional solar still-A comparative study”, 5th International conference on scientific research ISR-2019 renewable energy & water sustainability, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, 26th to 29th March 2019
- Rajendran D.R, A. Muthu Manokar, A.E. Kabeel, S.A. El-Agouz, Ravishankar Sathyamurthy*, “Comparative study of conventional solar still with and without cement coated red bricks”, 5th International conference on scientific research ISR-2019 renewable energy & water sustainability, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, 26th to 29th March 2019
- D.R.Rajendran*, E. Ganapathy Sundaram, P. Jawahar, A.E.Kabeel, A. Muthumanokar , Ravishankar Sathyamurthy, V. Sivakumar, “CFD Studies on Multi Cavity Solar Receiver with Two Heat Transfer Fluids”, 5th International conference on scientific research ISR-2019 renewable energy & water sustainability, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, 26th to 29th March 2019.
- Rajendran D.R*, E. Ganapathy Sundaram, P. Jawahar, A. Muthu Manokar, a paper titled on “Studies on the Influencing Parameters in the Design Optimization of Solar Dish Reflector-Cavity Receiver Collector System” International Conference on Advancements in Mechanical Engineering (ICAME 2019), Jyothi Engineering College, Thrissur, Kerala, 10th & 11th April 2019
- Abderrahmane Khechekhouche, Rajendran D.R, A. Muthu Manokar, Kritika Gupta, a paper titled on “Application of solar energy on excess agricultural production”, International Conference on Advancements in Mechanical Engineering (ICAME 2019), Jyothi Engineering College, Thrissur, Kerala, 10th & 11th April 2019
- D.R.Rajendran, E. Ganapathy Sundaram, P. Jawahar, Senthil kumar, V. Sivakumar,: “Experimental and CFD Studies on Energy and Exergy Efficiencies of Solar Dish Cavity Receivers with Different coil configurations” for possible publication in IEEES 11, 11th International Exergy, Energy and Environment Symposium, SRM University, Chennai, 14 – 18, July 2019.
- D.R.Rajendran, E.Ganapathy Sundaram, P.Jawahar, Studies on suitability of Heat Exchangers for Solar Receivers- Experimental, Simulation and Numerical Investigation. Energy Procedia, 2014, 54, p 557-558 Published by ELSEVIER.
- D.R.Rajendran and J. Balamurugan, Performance Study On Solar Receiver by Experimental and CFD Analysis through Concentrated Solar Energy System, International Journal of Engineering Research in Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Volume 1, issue 2, June 2016, pp 2456-1290
- D.R.Rajendran, E.Ganapathy Sundaram, P.Jawahar, Experimental Studies on the Thermal Performance of a parabolic dish Solar Receiver with the Heat Transfer Fluid SiC + Water Nano Fluid and Water, Journal of Thermal Science Vol.26, No.3 (2017) 263-272 with DOI: 10.1007/s11630-017-0938-3 and Article ID: 1003-2169(2017)03-263-10.
- D.R.Rajendran, E.Ganapathy Sundaram, P.Jawahar, Experimental Studies on the Effect of EnhancedThermal Conductivity of SiC+Water Nano°uid in the Performance of Small Scale Solar Parabolic Dish Receiver, International Journal of Nanoscience, Volume 17, 1&2 2018, 1760025 (8 pages)
- Rajendran, DR, Ganapathy Sundaram, E, Jawahar, Sivakumar, V, Omid Mahian & Evangelos Bellos, P 2019 ‘Review on influencing parameters in the performance of concentrated solar power collector based on materials, heat transfer fluids and design’, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, DOI 10.1007/s10973-019-08759-8 Springer (Impact Factor 2.47)
- Rajendran, DR, Ganapathy Sundaram, E, Jawahar, Kabeel Abd Elnaby Muthumanokar, A Ravishankar, S & Sivakumar, V 2019, ‘Inferences on the effects of geometries and heat transfer fluids in multi-cavity solar receivers by using CFD’, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, doi.org/10.1007/s11356-019-06829-w, Springer, ISSN:1614-7499, Springer, 10 December 2019 (Impact Factor 2.91)
- Abd Elnaby Kabeel, El-Sayed El-Agouz, A. Muthu Manokar Rajendran D.R, Ravishankar Sathyamurthy*, Nakka Prakash & Chandran Prasad, “Comparative study of conventional solar still with and without cement coated red bricks”, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, ISSN:1614-7499, Springer, 21 December 2019, (Impact Factor: 2.914)
- A.Muthu Manokar*, M. Vimala, D. Prince Winston, D.R. Rajendran, Ravishankar Sathyamurthy, A.E. Kabeel, “Year around distilled water production, energy and economic analysis of solar stills – A comparative study” , Heat Transfer ISSN:2688-4542, John Wiley & Sons, Volume 49, Issue 6, Pages 3651-3662, September 2020, https://doi.org/10.1002/htj.21793
- A.Muthu Manokar*, M. Vimala, D. Prince Winston, D.R. Rajendran, Ravishankar Sathyamurthy, A.E. Kabeel, “ A comparative study of 3E (Energy, Exergy and Economy) analysis of various solar stills” , Heat Transfer ISSN:2688-4542, John Wiley & Sons, 07 July 2020 https://doi.org/10.1002/htj.21832