Dr. A. Arockia Julias
||Assistant Professor (sr. Gr.)
|Nature of Employment
||91 44 2275 1347,48,50 (Ext:214)(Office)
||Year of Passing
||Computer Aided Design
||Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
||No. of Years
|Asst. Professor (Sr. Gr.)
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute
||June, 2012 to till date
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute
||April, 2009 To May, 2012
||3 years & 2 months
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Engg. College
||September, 2006 to March, 2009
||2 years & 7 months
- Material science and Metallurgy
- Composite Materials and Mechanics
Areas Of Research Interest
- Composite Materials
- Finite Element Analysis
International & National Journal
- Arockia Julias, A, Ram Kumar, N, & Vela Murali, 2015, ‘Evaluation of Lamina Properties and Fractographic Studies on Glass/Epoxy, Carbon/Epoxy and Kevlar/Epoxy Composites’, Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol.813-814, pp.46-50,.
- Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2015, “Experimental impact study on unidirectional glass-carbon hybrid composite laminates”, Science and Engineering of Composite Materials, Available online : DOI 10.1515/secm-2013-0063,
- Arockia Julias, A, Vela Murali, 2014, ‘Effect of Carbon Fiber Position on the Impact Behaviour of Glass/Carbon Fiber Hybrid Composite Laminates’ International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol.9, no.26, page 9103-9106.
- Arockia Julias, A, Sufean Abdulhakeem, M, & Vela Murali, 2010, ‘Effect of delamination on buckling strength of unidirectional glass-carbon hybrid laminates’, Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences, Vol.21, no. 1 , pp 23-29.
- Ramya, S, Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2013, ‘Experimental investigation on flexural strength of glass/kevlar and glass/carbon hybrid composite laminates’, Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, pp 402-405.
- Ramkumar, N, Arockia Julias, A, Vela Murali, & Rasool Mohideen, 2013, ‘Experimental investigation on mode I fracture toughness of low temperature treated glass/carbon hybrid composite laminates’, Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, pp 357-362..
- Sufean, AM, Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2012, ‘Experimental study on delaminated buckling of symmetric hybrid laminated composite plates’, Proceedings of International Conference on Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Goa, pp 66-70.
- Arockia Julias, A, & Rajendran, R, 2006, ‘Cam Sleeve profile design for piston ring manufacturing using FEA’, Proceedings of 22nd International conference on CAD / CAM, Robotics and Factories of the Future, VIT Vellore, pp 131-137.
- Balasubramanian,P, Vela Murali & Arockia Julias, A, 2014, ‘Experimental study on the impact behavior of hybrid laminated composites’, Proceedings of National Conference on Innovative and Emerging Trends in Engineering Technology, Panimalar Institute of Technology, Chennai.
- Rajmohan, M, Arockia Julias, A, Thajudeen, S, & Vijayakumar L, 2013, ‘Experimental studies on delamination behaviour of hybrid composite laminates’, Proceedings of National conference on Advances on Materials Design and Manufacturing, ed. Rasool Mohideen, BSAIST, Chennai, pp M11-M15.
- Renit,S, Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2011, ‘Buckling analysis of hybrid fiber reinforced polymer laminates’, Proceedings of Advances in Mechanical Sciences, GCT- Coimbatore, pp 10-14.
- Ragul,S, Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2011, ‘Impact test on Hybrid (Glass / Carbon) Fiber Reinforced Polymer Laminates’, Proceedings of Advances in Mechanical Sciences, GCT – Coimbatore, pp 15-19.
Major FDP / Workshop / Seminar Attended & Organised:-
- Attended a one month International Development Design Summit Aarogyam organised by D-Lab of Massachusetts Institute of Technology during July to August 2015.
- Organised and delivered a lecture about Innovation and project selection in the motivational workshop on ‘IDDS experience sharing” organised by the Innovation centre of BSAIST during September 2015.
- Attended a one week Faculty Development Program on Composite Materials Technology organized by Department of Rubber and Plastics, Anna University during May 2010.
- Attending various training program on CAD/CAM/CAE software consistently.
- Lab In-charge – Design Appreciation Lab
- Assistant Coordinator for IGNOU study centre – BSACEC