Dr. A. Arockia Julias
||Assistant Professor (sr. Gr.)
|Nature of Employment
||B.E., M.E., Ph.D.
||91 44 2275 1347, 48, 50 (Ext:214) (Office)
||Year of Passing
||Computer Aided Design
||Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
||No. of Years
|Asst. Professor (Sr. Gr.)
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology
||June 2012 to till date
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute of Science and Technology
||April 2009 To May 2012
||3 years & 2 months
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engg. College
||September 2006 to March 2009
||2 years & 7 months
- Product Design
- Material Science and Metallurgy
- Composite Materials and Mechanics
Areas Of Research Interest
Three scholars pursuing Ph.D
- Jamesha Ibrahim K, Thirumurugan M, Jeyakumar P D, Arockia Julias A, Mohamed Fahad S, Drilling performances of kenaf fibre/steel mesh reinforced hybrid epoxy composites, Advances in Materials and Metallurgy. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. Springer, Singapore (Accepted)
- Prahbu K, Jeyakumar P D, Dineshkumar C, Vasanthan B, Arockia Julias A, Thirumurugan M, Development of onboard engine management system – Prediction of oil degradation, Advances in Materials and Metallurgy. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. Springer, Singapore (Accepted)
- Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2018, ‘Interlaminar fracture behaviour of hybrid laminates stacked with carbon/kevlar fibre as outer layers and glass fibre as core’, Advances in Materials and Metallurgy. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. Springer, Singapore, pp.91-100.
- Arockia Julias, A, Rajaraman, R, & Vela Murali, 2018, ‘Effect of fiber orientation on the delamination behaviour of glass-carbon hybrid interface’ International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, Vol.8, no.3, pp.1159-1166. (Scopus)
- Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2016, ‘Experimental impact study on unidirectional glass-carbon hybrid composite laminates’, Science and Engineering of Composite Materials, vol.23, no.6, pp. 721-728. (SCI)
- Arockia Julias, A, Ram Kumar, N, & Vela Murali, 2015, ‘Evaluation of Lamina Properties and Fractographic Studies on Glass/Epoxy, Carbon/Epoxy and Kevlar/Epoxy Composites’, Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol.813-814, pp.46-50.
- Arockia Julias, A, Vela Murali, 2014, ‘Effect of Carbon Fiber Position on the Impact Behaviour of Glass/Carbon Fiber Hybrid Composite Laminates’ International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol.9, no.26, pp. 9129-9132.
- Arockia Julias, A, Sufean Abdulhakeem, M, & Vela Murali, 2014, ‘Effect of delamination on buckling strength of unidirectional glass-carbon hybrid laminates’, Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences, Vol.21, no. 1 , pp 23-29. (SCI)
- Ramkumar, N, Arockia Julias, A, Vela Murali, & Rasool Mohideen, 2013, ‘Experimental investigation on mode I fracture toughness of low temperature treated glass/carbon hybrid composite laminates’, Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, pp 357-362.
- Ramya, S, Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2013, ‘Experimental investigation on flexural strength of glass/kevlar and glass/carbon hybrid composite laminates’, Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, pp 402-405.
- Sufean, AM, Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2012, ‘Experimental study on delaminated buckling of symmetric hybrid laminated composite plates’, Proceedings of International Conference on Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Goa, pp 66-70.
- Arockia Julias, A, & Rajendran, R, 2006, ‘Cam Sleeve profile design for piston ring manufacturing using FEA’, Proceedings of 22nd International conference on CAD / CAM, Robotics and Factories of the Future, VIT Vellore, pp 131-137.
- Balasubramanian, P, Vela Murali & Arockia Julias, A, 2014, ‘Experimental study on the impact behavior of hybrid laminated composites’, Proceedings of National Conference on Innovative and Emerging Trends in Engineering Technology, Panimalar Institute of Technology, Chennai.
- Rajmohan, M, Arockia Julias, A, Thajudeen, S, & Vijayakumar L, 2013, ‘Experimental studies on delamination behaviour of hybrid composite laminates’, Proceedings of National conference on Advances on Materials Design and Manufacturing, ed. Rasool Mohideen, Crescent, Chennai, pp M11-M15.
- Ragul,S, Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2011, ‘Impact test on Hybrid (Glass / Carbon) Fiber Reinforced Polymer Laminates’, Proceedings of Advances in Mechanical Sciences, GCT – Coimbatore, pp 15-19.
- Renit,S, Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2011, ‘Buckling analysis of hybrid fiber reinforced polymer laminates’, Proceedings of Advances in Mechanical Sciences, GCT- Coimbatore, pp 10-14.
- Ayaz Ahmed, Rajaraman, R, & Arockia Julias, A, 2010 ‘Structural & Thermal Analysis on Wheel & Axle of a train using FEM’, Proceedings of Mech Fusion, DBIT, Bangalore.
- Ashraff ali, K.S, Arockia Julias, A, & Abdul Majeed, S.S.M, 2010 ‘Delamination analysis of fiber reinforced polymer composite laminates’, Proceedings of Recent innovations in production Engg., ed. Rajadurai A, Rajmohan, B, Kalaichelvan, K, MIT- Chennai, pp A65-68.
- Received a grant of about 1 Lakh from AICTE for conducting an ATAL FDP on 3D Printing and Design during 2020.
- Received a grant of 500 dollars from IDIN Massachusetts Institute of Technology USA for conducting a workshop on innovation during August 2017.
- Assistant coordinator of IGNOU study center for conducting weekend classes from 2009 to 2017 through which revenue of about Rs 60 Lakhs was generated.
- Organised an AICTE sponsored 5 days online faculty development program on 3D Printing & Design from 07th to 11th December 2020.
- Organized a two days workshop on ‘CAD/CAE (Creo & Hyperworks)’ for the internal participants on 6th &7th May 2019.
- Organized a inter college Technical symposium ‘Techaura 2019’ through society of Mechanical Engineers on 14th March 2019.
- Conducted value added course on QCAD through Spoken Tutorial project of IIT Bombay for students during January to March 2019.
- Organized a motivational workshop on Innovation in association with the local chapter of International Development Innovation Network (IDIN) funded by IDIN USA at BSA Crescent IST on 19th August 2017.
- Organized a training programme for the faculty on “UG NX software for CNC machines” at BSA Crescent IST during 24th to 26th July 2017.
- Organized a motivational workshop on ‘IDDS experience sharing’ through the innovation center of BSA Crescent IST on 12th September 2015.
- Organized short term training course on ‘Pro Engineer software’ for Mechanical students of BSA Crescent IST during evening 4.30 – 6.30 pm from 2007 to 2008.
- Reviewer for International Journal and Conferences
- Doctoral Committee member for research scholar of Anna University
- Question paper setting for other universities and colleges
- Involve in curriculum and syllabus revision of our university
- Provide training programs for Industry people
- Conducting evening classes for Industry people
Books / Videos Published
- YouTube Videos for Composite materials and CNC
- Lab manual for CAD/CAM Lab and Design Appreciation Lab
- Coordinator – Department Placement activities
- Coordinator – Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Coordinator – Department News Bulletin
- Lab In-charge – Design Appreciation Lab
- Class Advisor / Faculty Advisor