Dr. A. Arockia Julias
||Assistant Professor (sr. Gr.)
|Nature of Employment
||91 44 2275 1347,48,50 (Ext:214)(Office)
||Year of Passing
||Computer Aided Design
||Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
||No. of Years
|Asst. Professor (Sr. Gr.)
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute
||June, 2012 to till date
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute
||April, 2009 To May, 2012
||3 years & 2 months
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Engg. College
||September, 2006 to March, 2009
||2 years & 7 months
- Material science and Metallurgy
- Composite Materials and Mechanics
Areas Of Research Interest
- Composite Materials
- Finite Element Analysis
International & National Journal
- Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2018, ‘Interlaminar fracture behaviour of hybrid laminates stacked with carbon/kevlar fibre as outer layers and glass fibre as core’, Advances in Materials and Metallurgy. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. Springer, Singapore, pp.91-100. (Scopus)
- Arockia Julias, A, Rajaraman, R, & Vela Murali, 2018, ‘Effect of fiber orientation on the delamination behaviour of glass-carbon hybrid interface’ International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, Vol.8, no.3, pp.1159-1166. (Scopus)
- Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2016, ‘Experimental impact study on unidirectional glass-carbon hybrid composite laminates’, Science and Engineering of Composite Materials, vol.23, no.6, pp. 721-728. (SCI)
- Arockia Julias, A, Ram Kumar, N, & Vela Murali, 2015, ‘Evaluation of Lamina Properties and Fractographic Studies on Glass/Epoxy, Carbon/Epoxy and Kevlar/Epoxy Composites’, Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol.813-814, pp.46-50.
- Arockia Julias, A, Vela Murali, 2014, ‘Effect of Carbon Fiber Position on the Impact Behaviour of Glass/Carbon Fiber Hybrid Composite Laminates’ International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol.9, no.26, pp. 9103-9106.
- Arockia Julias, A, Sufean Abdulhakeem, M, & Vela Murali, 2014, ‘Effect of delamination on buckling strength of unidirectional glass-carbon hybrid laminates’, Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences, Vol.21, no. 1 , pp 23-29. (SCI)
- Ramkumar, N, Arockia Julias, A, Vela Murali, & Rasool Mohideen, 2013, ‘Experimental investigation on mode I fracture toughness of low temperature treated glass/carbon hybrid composite laminates’, Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, pp 357-362.
- Ramya, S, Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2013, ‘Experimental investigation on flexural strength of glass/kevlar and glass/carbon hybrid composite laminates’, Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, pp 402-405.
- Sufean, AM, Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2012, ‘Experimental study on delaminated buckling of symmetric hybrid laminated composite plates’, Proceedings of International Conference on Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Goa, pp 66-70.
- Arockia Julias, A, & Rajendran, R, 2006, ‘Cam Sleeve profile design for piston ring manufacturing using FEA’, Proceedings of 22nd International conference on CAD / CAM, Robotics and Factories of the Future, VIT Vellore, pp 131-137.
- Balasubramanian,P, Vela Murali & Arockia Julias, A, 2014, ‘Experimental study on the impact behavior of hybrid laminated composites’, Proceedings of National Conference on Innovative and Emerging Trends in Engineering Technology, Panimalar Institute of Technology, Chennai.
- Rajmohan, M, Arockia Julias, A, Thajudeen, S, & Vijayakumar L, 2013, ‘Experimental studies on delamination behaviour of hybrid composite laminates’, Proceedings of National conference on Advances on Materials Design and Manufacturing, ed. Rasool Mohideen, BSAU, Chennai, pp M11-M15.
- Ragul,S, Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2011, ‘Impact test on Hybrid (Glass / Carbon) Fiber Reinforced Polymer Laminates’, Proceedings of Advances in Mechanical Sciences, GCT – Coimbatore, pp 15-19.
- Renit,S, Arockia Julias, A, & Vela Murali, 2011, ‘Buckling analysis of hybrid fiber reinforced polymer laminates’, Proceedings of Advances in Mechanical Sciences, GCT- Coimbatore, pp 10-14.
- Ashraff ali, K.S, Arockia Julias, A, & Abdul Majeed, S.S.M, 2010 ‘Delamination analysis of fiber reinforced polymer composite laminates’, Proceedings of Recent innovations in production Engg., ed. Rajadurai A, Rajmohan, B, Kalaichelvan, K, MIT- Chennai, pp A65-68.
Major FDP / Workshop / Seminar Attended & Organised
- Completed an online course with Elite grade on “Developing soft skill and Personality” conducted by NPTEL for 8 weeks (Aug. to Oct. 2019) with a consolidated score of 87%.
- Attended five days Hands on workshop on “Innovative Design & Manufacturing Education” organized by Teaching Learning centre of IIITDM during June 2019.
- Completed an online course with Elite grade on “Outcome based pedagogic principles for effective teaching” conducted by NPTEL for 4 weeks (July-August 2017) with a consolidated score of 78%.
- Completed an online course with merit grade on “Proposal writing & research writing (Author AID)” conducted by INASP for 8 weeks with an average study time of 32 hours.
- Organized a workshop on Innovation in association with the local chapter of International Development Innovation Network (IDIN) funded by IDIN USA
- Organized a three days’ workshop on UG NX software for CNC machines
- Organized and delivered a lecture about Innovation and project selection in the motivational workshop on ‘IDDS experience sharing” organized by the Innovation centre of BSAU during September 2015.
- Attended a one month International Development Design Summit Aarogyam organized by D-Lab of Massachusetts Institute of Technology during July to August 2015.
- Attended a one week Faculty Development Program on Composite Materials Technology organized by Department of Rubber and Plastics, Anna University during May 2010.
- Attending various training program on CAD/CAM/CAE software consistently.
- Assistant coordinator of IGNOU study center for conducting classes through which revenue of about Rs 60 Lakhs was generated
- Lab In-charge for Design Appreciation Lab
- Coordinator for Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Department Coordinator for Placement & Training