||Downloads (curriculum & syllabi)
||B.Tech. Aeronautical Engineering R2017 (Amended upto June 2020)
||B.Tech. Aeronautical Engg. R2017 (Updated upto Jan.2019)
||B.Tech. Aeronautical Engineering R2017
||B.Tech. Aeronautical Engineering R2017 (updated upto Jan.2018)
||B.Tech. Aeronautical Engg. R2013 (Updated upto Jan.2019)
||B.Tech. Aeronautical Engineering (4 years) Regulations 2013
||B.Tech. Aeronautical Engineering (4 years) Regulations 2009
||M.Tech. Avionics R2019 (Amended upto June 2020)
B.Tech. Aeronautical Engineering
Program Educational Objectives:
- To provide fundamental knowledge in science, engineering and technology relating to Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering.
- To impart adequate knowledge and skills required for aircraft/aerospace industry, research organization and advance their careers and achieve positions of increasing responsibility, and/ or pursue entrepreneurial endeavors.
- To develop the technical expertise in design, analysis, manufacturing and maintenance management of flight vehicles and their components.
- To provide exposure to the advancements in aeronautical science and engineering and related fields.
- To inculcate a sense of commitment to the profession through involvement with the community and professional organization.
The graduates will be able to
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyses complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research –based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological advancement.
Programme Specific Outcomes:
- Formulate and solve problems in Aeronautical Engineering using the knowledge acquired in core areas of aerodynamics, aircraft structures, propulsion, materials, flight dynamics and avionics.
- Design aircraft systems, components and processes to meet desired needs within realistic constraints.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To impart adequate knowledge in practical and theoretical domains in the field of Avionics Engineering through rigorous post graduate education
- To provide skills required to have successful technical and managerial careers in Avionics industries and Aviation Engineering Management
- To develop creativity, ability, and potential, to generate innovative ideas and contribute to development and other needs of Aviation industries
- To develop sustained interest in learning and adapting new technology developments to meet the needs of changing industrial scenarios
- Ability to design, analyze, and conduct experimentsto interpret data in the field of Avionics Engineering
- Ability to design a system or a component to meet design requirements with constraints exclusively meant for Avionics Engineering
- Familiarity with modern engineering tools and skills required to analyze problems in Avionics Engineering as a member of multidisciplinary teams
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities with reference to a career in the field of Avionics Engineering and other professional fields
- Understand the importance of design and development of Flight Control System, Navigation System, and System Simulation, from a systems integration point of view
- Ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and non-verbal forms
- Capability to understand the value of lifelong learning
- Development of a firm scientific, technological, and communications base that helps find placement in the Aircraft industry and R & D organizations related to Avionics Engineering and other professional fields
- Acquire skills and knowledge required for undertaking doctoral studies and research in inter- and multidisciplinary areas