Research & Consultancy
The department has 24 faculty members of which 7 faculty members are with Ph.D qualification and further 18 faculty members are pursuing Ph.D research in our B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Further 10 faculty members from other premier institutions are carrying out their Ph.D research in this department. The department has vibrant research activity that the research scholars and faculty members are highly motivated in carrying out the research and often publish their research findings in referred International journals and Conferences.
The thrust areas of research of the department includes
- VLSI & Embedded systems
- Signal Processing
- Image Processing
- Wireless Networks and Communication Systems
Faculty members with Ph.D qualification
||VLSI & Embedded Systems
||VLSI & Implementation
||Wireless Sensor Networks
||Tera Hertz MEMS
||Laser Surface alloying and hardening for hydro turbine applications
Faculty members pursuing Ph.D research
||Nano technology based Antenna Design
|Mrs. Belwin J. Brearley
||Microgrid, smart grid protection strategies
||Wireless Sensor Networks
||Bio Medical Engineering
|Ms.R.Mahalakshmi alias Issakki
||Channel coding Turbo codes
|Ms.S.Syed Rafi Ammal
||Bio medical signal Processing
||Special machine design and implementation using VLSI
Department has good record of publications
Few are listed
- K Indragandhi, Jawahar P K, ”An Application based “Efficient Thread Level Parallelism”(ETLP) scheme on Heterogeneous Multicore Embedded System for real time image processing”, scalable computing practice and experience, Vol No 21 Issue No 1, March 2020.
- Imtyaz Ahmed and Dr.G. Kannan, 2020, “Overcoming Privacy and Security Challenges of Internet of Things Applications”, International Journal of Future Generation Communication and Networking, Vol. 13, No. 1, (2020), pp. 1550-1556.(ESCI)
- Imtyaz Ahmed and Dr.G. Kannan, 2020, “Cloud-Based Remote RFID Authentication for Security of Smart Internet of Things Applications”, Journal of Information and Knowledge Management, World Scientific Publishing, ISSN (print): 0219-6492 | ISSN (online): 1793-6926 (In press).
- R.Mahalakshmi,P.V.Bhuvaneshwari,C.Tharini& VidyacharanBhaskar “A Novel Algorithm to design Rate Adaptive Irregular LDPC codes” Wireless Personal Communications, Springer March2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-020-07223-3
- Kalaivani, S., Tharini, C., Saranya, K. et al. Design and Implementation of Hybrid Compression Algorithm for Personal Health Care Big Data Applications. Wireless PersCommun (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-020-07241-1
- S.Kalaivani and C.Tharini, “Analysis and implementation of novel Rice Golomb coding algorithm for wireless sensor networks”, Volume 150, 15 January 2020, Pages 463-471. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2019.11.046
- S.Anusooya,Dr.P.K.Jawahar,”Design and implementation of advanced step down switched capacitor converter using threshold voltage logic”, International Journal of Systems, Control and Communications (IJSCC),ISSN online :1755-9359,ISSN print:1755-9340,(In press)
- V.Jean, Dr.P.K.Jawahar, “Efficient algorithm design on hybrid CPU-FPGA architecture for high performance computing”, International Journal of Systems, Control and Communications (IJSCC), Accepted for publication
- V.JeanShilpa, Dr.P.K.Jawahar, ”Cognitive adaptive travelling window for high performance computing”, International Journal of Circuit, Systems and Signal Processing, 2019, January, Vol. No.13, issue 1, pp. 170-176.
- Marek Dvorsky, Harihara Ganesh, SadhishPrabhu, “Design and Validation of a Novel Structure Antipodal Vivaldi Antenna”, Hindawi International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, May 2019. (SCI)
- S.SadhishPrabhu , B.Vijayalakshmi, S.S.M Abdul Majeed, ” Microstrip Patch Antenna Using Graphene As Super substrate”, Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control systems, March 2019.
- M.Vanmathi, M.Mohamed Ismail, M. Senthil Kumar, ‘Optimization of RF sputtering process parameter on electrical resistivity , deposition rate and sensitivity of Al doped zno thin film grown on Si substrate using grey taguchitechnique”,Bulletin of material science,2019. (SCI)
- Vanmathi, M. Senthil Kumar, Mohamed Ismail, G. Senguttuvan,” .Optimization Of Process Parameters For Al-Doping Back Ground On CO Gas Sensing Characteristics Of Magnetron-Sputtered”, Material research express, page 1 to 14, August 2019.
- M.Ramamoorthy, N.Ayyanathan, M.Padma Usha,” Robust Time Optimization in HD Video Surveillance system”, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering,Volume-8, Issue 8,July 2019.
- Walter D. Leon-Salas, Xiaozhe Fan, Yizhou Zhang1 and SindhubalaKadirvelu,” Wireless Optical Communications with GaAs Solar Cells”, Frontiers in Optics 2019, Washington, DC United States, 15–19 September 2019, ISBN: 978-1-943580-67-5.
- S. Kalaivani, R.Anitha, S.Anusooya, Jean Shilpa,” Iot Based Physical Condition Screening System For Animals”, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277 – 3878, Volume-8, Issue-2S5, July 2019.
- S.Syedrafiammal,DNajumnissa,GAnuradha,SKajaMohideen,P.KJawahar, Syed abdulMuthalif,” A Low power and high performance hardware design for automatic epilepsy seizure detection”, International journal of electronics and telecommunication, October 2019.
- A.Elakkiya, S.Radha, E.Manikandan, B.S.Sreeja,” Design of a five-band polarization-insensitive terahertz metamaterial absorber”, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, Vo.21, issue 8, Aug 2019 (SCI)(IF:0.585).
- Indragandhi,PKJawahar, ”Core Performance Based Packet Priority Router for NOC Haterogeneous Multicore Processor”is accepted for publication in Springer LNNS series.
- A. Priya,S. KajaMohideen,ManavalanSaravanan, ”Multi-State Reconfigurable Antenna for Wireless Communications”, is published in Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology,Springer.(SCI)
- Kanchana D, Radha.S, B.S.Sreeja, E.Manikandan,”Polarization independent bandstop frequency selective surface for X-band application,Circuit World,2019,https://doi.org/10.1108/CW-01-2019-0003(SCI)(IF:1.043).
- A. Ambika and C. Tharini, ”Semicircle CSRR with Circular Slot Array Structures for High Level Mutual Coupling Reduction in MIMO Antenna,”Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 87, 23-32, 2019.PIERM19091001(ESCI)
- Kanchana D, Radha.S, B.S.Sreeja, E.Manikandan “Convoluted FSS Structure For Shielding Application In X-Band Frequency Response”, IETE Journal of Research,10.1080/03772063.2019.1691062, (SCI) IF: 0.793)
- Indra Gandhi K ,P.K.Jawahar, “Fuzzy based Efficient Task Scheduling Scheme (ETSS) on Heterogeneous Multicore Processor” International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms. Inderscience Publication (In Press).
- V.JeanShilpa, Dr.P.K.Jawahar, “Advanced Optimization by Profiling of Acoustics Software Applications for Interoperability in HCF Systems”, Journal of Green Engineering, Volume-9, Issue-3, October 2019
- Indragandhi,PKJawahar, ”An Application based “Efficient Thread Level Parallelism”(ETLP) scheme on Heterogeneous Multicore Embedded System for real time image processing.” is accepted for publication in the journal titled scalable computing practice and experience
- E.Manikandan and K.A.Karthigeyan, Studies on Microdrilling of NbN Superconductor using Pulsed Laser Ablation, JLMN-Journal of Laser Micro/Nanoengineering Vol. 14, No. 3, 2019 (IF: 0.789)