Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department was established in the year 1994. It offers under graduate program B. Tech- Electronics and Communication Engineering and Post Graduate programme – M. Tech Communication Systems. The department has an optimum blend of staff members with Research & Development, Industrial and Academic experience. The department has excellent infrastructure with 14 labs all with industry standard hardware & software tools.
Best Practices of the Department
- Providing Value Added Courses for the students.
- Internship for all the students in various research organizations and core industries.
- E-learning through MOOC, NPTEL and SWAYAM courses.
- Project based learning
- Peer assisted learning
- Consultancy and testing service in the areas of Antennas
- Technological Service to the society (Projects to the underprivileged)
- Students provide solutions to industry related problems.
Scope for Employment
- Students can take up positions in Research, Design, Analysis, Development, Production, Testing, Installation and Commissioning in the areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Students can play an active role in all endeavors and advancement in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering which transform the way humans communicate and enhance their life styles.
- They can take up positions as Software Solution Developers, Hardware Engineers, Networking Engineers, Network Programmers and Product Engineers and Marketing of Technological Products & Systems.
- To provide a strong foundation in fundamentals, analytical ability, logical thinking & the state of the art domain knowledge, for enabling students to solve real world problems of the society.
- To prepare them to face the technological challenges of the future by honing their skill sets.
- To train them in cutting edge technologies by exposing them to relevant Hardware and Software tools and practices of the industry.
- To achieve an all round development of the students by providing soft skills in addition to the academic input making them readily deployable in the Industry.
- To strive to update the knowledge of the faculty on a continuous basis by undertaking quality research, funded projects, consultancy and extension activities.