One day workshop on “Scientific Documentation and Presentation Using LaTeX”
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) of the School of Electrical & Communication Sciences has organised a one day workshop on “Scientific Documentation and Presentation Using LaTeX” on 8th March, 2019.
Two day Workshop on “Embedded System in Robotics using ARM Cortex M0+”
The Department of EEE of the School of Electrical & Communication Sciences has organised a Two day Workshop on “Embedded System in Robotics using ARM Cortex M0+” on 5th & 6th February, 2019. The workshop was inaugurated by our Registrar.
Two Days Workshop on Evolutionary Computing and its application to Engineering using MATLAB on 3rd & 4th October 2018
Two days work shop on “Evolutionary Computing and its application to Engineering using MATLAB” was conducted by Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, BSACIST on 3rd and 4th of October 2018. The workshop was inaugurated by Dr.S.Kaja Mohideen, Dean/ SECS on 3rd of October 2018. Dr. Y.Mohamed Shuaib, Head of the department, EEE felicitated the gathering.
Around 30 participants from various institutes like VIT, Sairam Engineering College, SSN, Rajalakshmi Engg. College and BSACIST actively attended the workshop. The participants include UG students, faculty members and research scholars from various domains.
One Day Workshop on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) on 12th September 2018
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and The department of Mechanical Engineering jointly organized a one day workshop on MicroElectroMechanical Systems (MEMS) on the 12th of September 2018. Dr. E. Paul Braineard, Ph.D. (IIT Madras) Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sricity, Chittoor was invited as a guest speaker. The workshop was inaugurated by Dr. S. Rasool Mohideen, Professor and Dean (School of Mechanical Sciences) and Dr. S. Kaja Mohideen, Professor and Dean (School of Electrical and Communication Sciences). The convener Dr. Y. Mohamed Shuaib, HOD EEE felicitated the speaker, the workshop coordinators, Mr. K. Saran Kumar, Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Mr. A. Paramasivam, Assistant Professor, EEE gave a brief over view about the workshop and a short note about the speaker.
The speaker briefed on MEMS fabrication techniques during the forenoon session and elaborated on micro pumps as a case study in the afternoon session. The workshop attracted more than 40 student participants both internal and external.
Faculty Development program:
- Faculty Development Programmeon “Control Systems” was organized on December 2004.
- School of Electrical and Communication Sciences jointly with Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) – Malaysia , organized an IEEE International Conference on “Recent trends in Electrical, Control and Communications” (RTECC’18) during March 20th to March 22nd 2018.
- International Conference of “ Recent Trends in International Conference“ECCAP” was organized on January 2000.
- National Conferenceon “Modeling, Simulation, Design and Experimental study of Electrical System MOSDES 2013” on 25th-26th April 2013.
- National Conferenceon “Modeling, Simulation, Design and Experimental study of Electrical System MOSDES 2011” on 11th April 2011.
- National Conferenceon “Modeling, Simulation, Design and Experimental study of Electrical System MOSDES 2009” on April 2009.
- IEEE National Conferenceon “Information and Communication Convergence” was organized on December 2006.
- National level Conference“ELECT ” was conducted on September 2004.
- International Workshop on “Electro Chemotherapy for Effective Cancer Treatment” was organized jointly associated with Purude University, USA and Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai on 27th-28th July 2011.
National Workshop/Training Program
- S.Jennathu Beevi,AP(SG)/EEE Dr. R.Jayashree, Prof/EEEand Ms. Sarmila Har Baegum, AP/EEE organized workshop on “Opportunities in Solar Energy Technologies” during 23,October 2017.Faculty and students from EEE attended the workshop.
V.Bharanigha,AP/EEE and Mr.M.ram Kumar,AP/EEE organized a hands-on Training Programme on “IoT using Raspberry PI”during 11-12-13, October 2017. Students from EEE and ECE attended the training programme
- V.Bharanigha,AP/EEE, Mr.M.ram Kumar,AP/EEE and Belwin J Brearley, AP/EEE organized a two day workshop on “Embedded Systems Using Arduino” in association with Innovians Technologies, Technex,ingineeri.com, IIT Varanasi during 03-04 April 2017. Research scholars, faculty and students from EEE,ECE,CIVIL and Mechanical attended the workshop.
- Two Day National Workshopon “Automation of Electrical Machines using LabView “was organized in associated with National Instruments , Bangalore on 1st and 2nd April 2016.
- One day workshop on “Documentation and presentation using LaTex and Beamer” during 17thJune 2016
- One day National Workshopon “Industrial Automation using PLC” was organized jointly with Siemens on 20th January 2016.
- Short Training programmeon “ANSYS” was organized on May 2015.
- Hands on trainingon the software “ARDUINO and MATLAB” were organized on Jan 2015.
- One day workshop on “ Evolutionary Computation in Electrical Engineering – Genetic Algorithm” during 10-11 January 2014.
- National Workshopon Recent Trends in “Evolutionary Computation in Electrical Engineering “was organized on November 2010.
- One Day National Workshopon “PSCAD Power System Simulator” was organized associated with Nayak Power System , Mumbai on 9th and 10thAugust 2010.
Invited Talks/Guest Lectures
- Syed Islam, Professor,Curtin Universitydelivered a lecture on “Digital And Ict Applications In Smart Power Systems on 10th March 2017.
- Ahamed Bilal, Engineer, ABB Switzerland (alumni of 1995-1999 Batch), delivered a technical lecture on “Different drive train structure of Electric Vehicle” on 10th Sep 2015.
- Mr A.G S.kandan,VI Micro systemsdelivered a technical speech on “Smart Grid Lab” on 3th Sep 2015 .
- Ganesh Moorthy and Albert, of M/s Newton technologies delivered a technical lecture on “Power System Network Laboratory” on 29 th Aug 2015.
- Mohamed Farook, Director, Middle East & Central Asia , ALSTOM, Dubai(alumni of 1997-2000 Batch)delivered a guest lecture on “Smart grid and Digital Substations” on 20th Aug 2015.
|Title of the event
|Guest Lecture on “Power plant familiarization and its electrical systems”
|Guest Lecture on Fabrication of Special PCBs and Innovation
|Guest Lecture on applications of FACTS devices to Power System
|Guest Lecture on Insights of Electric Power Distribution in Industry
|Workshop on Introduction to Solar P.V Design
|Guest Lecture on Dynamic Matrix Inversion for non-linear control
|One day workshop on Design, Modelling & Simulation of CST – Studio Software
|Guest Lecture on Distributed Generator Systems
|Seminar on Industrial Automation Techniques – PLC, SCADA and DLC
|Guest Lecture on Application of Power Electronics in Power System
|Guest Lecture on Electrical Power Engineering & Renewable Energy Sources
|Guest Lecture on Incorporating fluctuating supplies of Wind Energy