Guidance for Competitive Examinations
We facilitate In-Campus Coaching Classes for
- Civil Services Examination
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Bank PO Exams
- Management Entrance Examination
- Technical Entrance Examination
- Defense Services
- Staff selection examination
- Railway recruitment board Examination
- Special reference books for competitive exams are being provided to students in central library.
Magazines & Journals about competitive exams are being provided to the student for reading in the reading room of central library.
National, State & Local newspapers are being provided to the student for reading in the reading room of central library for making them aware about current knowledge.
Eminent scholars, succeeded in competitive exams are called for their valuable guidance to promote college students.
Career / Placement Training conducted (year wise)
- The phase – II Placement preparedness training programme was organized for 5 days on Presentation skills, Interview techniques, Group discussion, Resume Writing kills, Interview Preparation etc., for final year MBA students during from 21st -28th Jan. 2020.(118 students attended this program).
- A 5 day Placement preparedness (phase – I) training program was organized on Presentation skills, Interview techniques, Group discussion, Resume Writing kills, Interview Preparation etc., for final year MBA students during from 21st -25th Oct. 2019.(120 students attended this program).
- Semester based time table integrated Placement preparedness training program organized in the area of Communication, Writing Skills, Presentation, Interview techniques, Group discussion, Resume Writing, Personality Development, email communication and online test etc., for first year MBA students during from 14th Oct. 2019 to 2nd Dec. 2019.This training was conducted by Syasans.
- Placement department arranged time table integrated (30 hrs Class room) training program in association with Smart Training Resources Pvt Ltd., for 5th Semester (3rd year) B.Tech. Students on soft skills for career. The subject contents included work culture and ethics in Multinational and MSME, Reports writing and analysis, Industry related reports, Developing leadership skill, team building skills, cross culture communication etc. during from 22nd July 2019 to till end of the semester benefitting 817 students.
- For the 3rd semester (2nd year) B.Tech students also time table integrated (40 hrs Class room) training program in association with Hitsbulleys for 3rd Semester was conducted. The scope of the training was personal Grooming and Confidence building among the students. The subject contents trained to the students like Communication, Grooming, Etiquette, Writing Skills, Presentation, Personality Development, Quants and Mathematics, Reasoning and Di, Verbal Communications etc. during from 22nd July 2019 to till end of the semester. (628 students got benefitted by this)
- A 10 day Placement preparedness training program was organized in Programming, Languages, Quants, Coding Verbal, Communication Skills, Interview Preparation, Reasoning speed math’s for final year Non engineering students. All stream (Arts & Sciences UG / PG) students numbering 731 participated in the training program from 22nd July to 2nd August 2019.
- A 10 day Placement preparedness (phase – II Aptitude) training provided with the key focus on Verbal, Communication Skills, Interview Preparation, Reasoning speed math’s for final year B.Tech.(all streams) students from 22nd July to 2nd August 2019.(838 students has been Participated).
- We arranged phase – II Technical training program in the subject of Programming, Language, Quants and coding for final year B.Tech.(Circuit Branches) students from 8th July to 12th July 2019.(180 students has been attended).
- The Placement & Training Cell organized Placement preparedness (phase – I Aptitude) training program for exposing students on the importance of Verbal, Communication Skills, Interview Preparation, Reasoning speed maths for final year B.Tech.(Circuit Branches) students from 2nd July to 6th July 2019.(180 students attended the program).
- A one day training program conducted in connection for Hackwithinfy placement opportunity with Infosys (Coding and Programming Test) to B.Tech. (CSE / IT) Students held on 1st July 2019. (150 students participated.)
- Placement preparedness training was arranged to crack mathematics questions like Speed Maths & Basic Aptitude, Arithmetic calculations for engineering students during 1st July – 4th July 2019. (120 students participated.)
- A five days training program organized for final year B.Tech. / M.Tech. Students to explore their passion for coding and programming earn a chance to work with Infosys during held on 24th – 28th June 2019. (460 students participated).
- The Department of Placement & Training Cell arranged training for the B. Tech. CSE & IT students to prepare TCS national level qualifier test. (Quantitative aptitude, Programming Logic and Coding etc held on 21st & 22nd June 2019. (180 students had taken the training program.)
- The Department of Placement & Training organized a workshop on Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) which was done by Ford on 6th September 2019 for the students who were interested in four-wheeler Driving. 1) Mr. Satyanarayan – Asst. Plant Manager, Mr. Sethu – General Manager , Paint shop, Mr. Srikanth – General Manager , Quality and their team members were participated from Ford India Ltd and had an theory session on DSFL for 2 hours followed by a live demo.100+ students attended this program and it was an interactive sessions for the students. All the participants got the certificate from Ford.
- The Department of Placement & Training organized a Seminar on Gate to G.A.T.E. program for the third year B.Tech. (Auto / Mech.) students on 28th August 2019 at their respective class rooms by i-Mech Academy. 300 + students participated in this event.
- We arranged an orientation seminar for third year B. Tech. Biotechnology students in association with Princeton Review on 28th Aug. 2019. Nearly 60 plus students attended the orientation session.
- The department of Placement & Training organized a Seminar on Indo Japan job – Internship opportunities for B.Tech. Students on 9th August 2019 at our University campus. Mr. K. Karunanithi former Hitachi Director gave a brief speech on the Job opening, Internships which can be done in Japan and he also explained about the other new technologies which they have discovered. It was a very interactive sessions with students followed by a question and answer session.
- The Placement & Training cell organized a seminar session on 3rd Oct. 2019 by Mr. R. Senthil Murugan- Senior Manager, National Stock Exchange of India Ltd for B.com students on the topic “Capital Market” 30+ students attended the interactive session and got themselves updated on the NSE.
Training Programmes Conducted for the Year: 2018-19
- A Ten days Placement Training programme on (Quantitative, Verbal, Logical, Technical) / SOFT SKILLS like (Group Discussion, Resume Writing, Listening Comprehension) for final year all UG & PG (2019 passing out) students from 6th August to 20th August 2018 in our University premises by FACE Academy.
- As a part of interview for Twins Digital all the Biotech and Cancer Biotechnology students were requested to send their resume. Department of Placement and training took the initiative of arranging a Resuming Writing training session for all the students arranged by TPC.
- A one day training programme for B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering to participate in MK Autocomponents off campus interview preparation at CIT, Chennai for 2019 passing out students on 30th July 2018. Students participated in MK Auto Components off campus interview at Chennai Institute of Technology on 31st July 2018.
- A one day training programme for B.Tech. Biotechnology and Cancer Biotechnology students for Zifo Rnd Solutions off campus interview preparation at Agni College of Engineering for 2019 passing out students on 24th July 2018.
- A one day motivational Seminar on “A Career in Core Engineering Industry” was arranged for Pre-final year (2015-19) B.Tech. (EEE / ECE/ EIE & Mech) on 3rd May 2018. Ms. Vaishnavi Vignesh Raja, SECO Controls Private Limited delivered a brief seminar about the “Career opportunities in Core Engineering.
- We have conducted World’s biggest coding contest in association with Times of India (TechGig) for 2nd, 3rd & 4th year students on 5th April 2018 at our Institute premises.
- Organized a Guest Lecture on “Study, work and live in Australia” to the students in the higher education cell held on 27th March 2018. Mr. Jai, from KNpact Migration Australia has delivered a lecture. He also provided information about education and job opportunities in Australia.
Pre Placement Talk
- We also had a chance to meet all the final years in the auditorium and conducted a Placement Orientation program where we discussed the plans and activities of the Placement and Training department to all the final years across all the departments. This session was useful in terms of getting the feedback from the final years as a whole group and also to enhance the Placement and Training activities. A orientation programme was organized for all final year UG / PG students in connection with the placement training on 9th Aug. 2018.
- A One day motivational programme arranged for pre-final year B.Tech. (EEE/ ECE/ CSE/ EIE / IT ) students on 5th Feb. 2018. Mr. P.N. Santhosh, Co-founder of BYJU’s has given a Seminar session on Higher Studies and Placement Training
- Conducted pre-placement talk and internship selection process of TVS Training & Services for 2nd and 3rd year B.Tech Mechanical students on 11th April 2018. Around 32 students (2nd year – 17 & 3rd year 15) have been shortlisted for the ATP training program.
- Barclays Training programme was conducted in collaboration with GTT and NASSCOM for final year BCA / B.Sc. students (2016-19 Batch) during 12th Sep. -15th Sep. 2018.
- Placement preparation test was conducted in association with Firstnaukri.com (Division of Info Edge India Ltd.) for the Pre-final year B. Tech. / M.Tech. all branches & MCA students (2015-19 passing out batch) based on Analytical, English and Quantitative analysis and get detailed test report for each students on 9th Feb. 2018.
- Barclays Training programme was conducted in collaboration with GTT and NASSCOM for Pre-final year B.Tech students (2015-19 Batch) during 6th -8th Feb. 2018.
Training Programmes Conducted for the Year: 2017-18
- Ten days Training Program on Aptitude, Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning and Grammar Fundamentals was conducted for the final year Under Graduate and Post Graduate (2018 batch) students during 7th August – 22nd August 2017 by DNA Corporate Solutions” .
- Employability Assessment online test was conducted in association with Co-Cubes for final year B. Tech. all branches & MCA students (2018 passing out batch). On 26th , 28th September & 5th October 2017. This test assesses our students on Language, Cognitive, Domain & Soft Skills and provides employability feedback, what are their strong areas and what to improve. They also be sharing the database of Cocubes assessed students with its client list. Students shortlisted by the clients for internships/final recruitment may be interviewed through multiple modes like joint campus drives, telephonic interviews, and interviews at central locations, company office or any other means decided by the company.
- Aspiring Minds Assessment Pvt Ltd (AMCAT)” Online Aptitude Test and employment Skill Knowledge Testing Process was conducted for the Final year Tech (CSE, ECE, IT, EEE, EIE.) and MCA students (2018 batch) on 11th September 2017. They also be sharing the database of AMCAT assessed students with its client list. Students shortlisted by the clients for internships/final recruitment may be interviewed through multiple modes like joint campus drives, telephonic interviews, and interviews at central locations, company office or any other means decided by the company.
- The Gillette India Limited in Association with The HINDU group of Publications conducted a one day workshop on “Grooming & Online / Off-line Test to test Skills on Aptitude & English Skills Program” for final year students on 15th September 2017.
- K. Mohan, Program Director, SSV finishing school had a session with final year Civil Engineering students about the train & hire model, on 23rd August 2017.
- CEO, from REVATURE Consultancy Services addressed the Tech. pre-final years students selected for Internship programme from our University, on 1st March 2017.
- One day workshop was arranged on “GATE Awareness Program” for B. Tech. (Civil / Mech./EEE / ECE& EIE) students on 15.03.2017. Mr. G. Naveen Kumar, Dy . Director, Vani Institute of Engg. & Tech. Chennai has gave a brief talk about the programme.
- “Galvanize “conducted a Seminar on awareness about higher education for the B. Tech. Final year students of our University on 7th March 2017.
The session created an awareness about
- Knowledge and skill based tests and their approach
- Why should one consider doing MS in US
- What matters when you pursue doing Masters’ Abroad.
- Profile Building
- Opportunities after your Masters’ degree.
- Protechsoft Technologies Pvt Ltd” conducted a pre-placement talk programme for all final year students (2017 Passing out) on 21st January 2017 at 11.00. a. m. in Convention Centre of our University.
- Pre-Placement talk awareness programme was conducted by “ gboxz” for final year B.Tech. (CSE / ECE / IT/ & MBA students on 3rd February 2017 at our University.
- A one day training programme on “Empowering Rural Consumer Choice through Label Information in 10 Dts of Tamilnadu” in association with CONCERT (A Centre for Consumer Education, Research Teaching, Training and Testing) on 8th August 2017 at Seminar Hall – II, Convention Centre of our University. This was funded by CONCERT.
- Hindustan Unilever Limited conducted “REXONA CONFIDENCE BUILDING” programme on 1st February 2017 for the female students. They are aiming at teaching the girl students importance of Grooming and Confidence, to help young girls crack their interviews and face the challenges of the corporate world
Training Programmes Conducted in the Year: 2016-17
- Barclays Life Skills advanced training programme in association with NASSCOM was arranged for pre final year B.Tech. / M.Tech. and MCA students held from 29th Sept. to 19th October 2016. This training programme was conducted for two weeks.
- “Aspiring Minds Assessment Pvt Ltd (AMCAT)” Online Aptitude Testing and Skill Knowledge Testing Process was conducted for the Final year B.Tech (CSE, ECE, IT, EEE, EIE, Mech) and MCA students (2017 batch) on 31st August 2016.
- One week training program on English Language Development, General Aptitude, Technical Skills, Soft Skills, CTS, Wipro & Infosys Technologies specific questions and online Assessment test process for the final year B.Tech. / M.Tech. & MCA (2017 Batch) students during 22nd to 30th August 2016. The training resources were from Smart Training Resources Pvt Ltd.
- COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS conducted EVOLVE PROGRAM for 2017 batch passing out students from B.Tech /MCA M. Tech, & M.Sc streams on 10th August 2016. EVOLVE is an interactive session designed to educate the students about Cognizant. The session included an overview of Cognizant and an Interactive Session with HR team.
- One week training program on Quantitative, Verbal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning Training and Skills Training programme was conducted to the pre-final year B.Tech (Civil / Mech.) & MCA students (2017 batch) from 13th June 2016 to 18th June 2016. The training resources were from “Vista Mind”.
- One week Training program on Quantitative, Verbal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning Training and Skills Training programme was conducted to pre-final year B.Tech. (Aero/ Auto/ EEE/ CSE / ECE/ IT. PE.) & all M.Tech. Students (2017 batch) from 13th June 2016 to 18th June 2016. (Five days) by “Mean-Median-Mode” Solutions.
- Four Months Aptitude and Technical training was conducted to pre-final year B.Tech (CSE) students (2016 batch).
- Employability Training programme was arranged to the final MBA students on 14th Nov. 2016. Mr. Krishna, from Matchpoints conducted the programme.
- Motivational training programme was arranged for all third year B. Tech. Students during 2nd – 4th November 2016 (3 days). Renowned educationist Mr. Jayaprakash Gandhi was the motivator.
- Three days motivational training programme was arranged for all first year B. Tech. Students during 27th – 29th Sep. 2016.
- A Lecture on “Placement Awareness” was delivered by the Placement Director for the Pre-final year B. Tech (EEE-2016 batch) students on 25th March 2015
- “Revature Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd.” Online assessment test was conducted on 3rd August 2016 at our University premises for hiring internship for third year B.Tech. Students (2018 Passing out). They have shortlisted 84 students and the shortlisted students were participated in the “Revature India” program on 4th August 2016 at Rani Seethai Hall, Chennai.Revature India Consultancy Services for providing online software training at University Campus in Chennai. REVATURE a US based firm who are pioneer in Online Training & Placements is associated with 400+ Universities in US to train Students in IT. In India REVATURE is planning to replicate the same model and signed up with B.S. Abdur Rahman University to train 300+ Students this year thru their product RevaturePRO which is a workforce development platform featuring perfect combination of on ground and online boot camp, which is managed, monitored and mentored, where University students attain actual job-based skills that will help advance their IT careers.
- “Barclay’s Training Programme in collaboration with GTT and Nasscom” was conducted for final year students (2016 batch) during 19th Feb. 2016 to 04th March 2016 at our University premises. Around 200 students took part in the programme. This programme fully sponsored by Barclay’s.
Report on the Barclay’s Soft skills training programme
Barclays as a part of their CSR initiative decided to skill unemployed youths as per the industry requirement. Barclays partnered with GTT & NASSCOM Foundation in executing this initiative. Global
Talent Track; an education and training venture, set up by some of the best minds from the industry, education and technology domains. The venture aims to provide ‘quality with scale’ through programs delivered with the help of innovative technologies and compelling content.GTT is executing the training program with limited no of colleges in and around Delhi, Chennai, Pune & Mumbai.
The placement and training cell requested GTT to train a minimum of 200 final year students who are eligible and yet to be placed under this initiative. The total cost of the training was Rs.600000/- They accepted our request and the programme was completely sponsored by Barclay’s.
- The Phase 1 training was an online/ Self Learning module of 24 hours
- Post completion of the Phase 1 training, students underwent a classroom training of 80 hours, wherein proficient trainers visited our university campus and conducted the face-to-face training from 19.02.2016 to 02.03.2016
Salient features of the Programme
- There was three assessment conducted by them a pre, mid and post assessment in the form of Mock interviews and group discussions. The results were shared to the students for further improvement
- The assessment were done based on the following parameters
||Rate of Speech
- The students were also assessed individually based on their behavior with the following parameters
- Industrial visits were arranged to the Barclays office in DLF IT park where volunteers form NASSCOM and Barclay’s conducted a training and sharing of experience session for two hours. There were 1 volunteer for every three students.
- As a part of this initiative they offered placement opportunities and two students from Mechanical Engineering and two from Civil Engineering are in the final process of getting placed in BGR energy.
- Placement opportunities are also provided with leading service based companies for these students
- The overall feedback of the sessions from the students was, the training helped them improve their confidence and communication skills.
- Apart from the feedback the scores obtained from the in the pre-training assessment and post training assessment quantitatively proved their improvement.
Training Programme Conducted for the Year: 2015-16
- Four Months Aptitude and Technical based training class was conducted to pre-final year B.Tech(CSE) students (2016 batch) from 5th Jan. to first week of April 2015 (Two days / two hours class in a week). By “Vista Mind”
- “Skill Rack.com” Aptitude Training online training class was given to pre-final year B.Tech & MCA students (2016 batch) from first week of March to May 2015.
- A program on “How to Train Yourself to Speak Fluently in English” was conducted for the registered pre-final year (2016 batch) candidates on 28th March 2015 at our University premises.
- A Seminar on “Career in Indian Armed Forces” was conducted by Defence Academy – Chennai, on 3rd August 2015, for final year B.Tech / M.Tech & MCA students (2016 batch), at our University Convention centre.
- Five days Quantitative Ability, Reasoning Skills and Verbal Ability, Vocabulary Building and Grammar Fundamentals Training Program was conducted to Final year B.Tech (Civil, EEE, ECE & EIE) students (2016 batch) on 10, 11,12, 22 & 29th August 2015.The training resources were from the “Vista Mind.”
- “Focus Academy” 5 days Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Aptitude & Logical Reasoning Training Program was conducted to Final year B.Tech (CSE & Mech) & MCA students (2016 batch) on 10, 11,12, 22 & 29th August 2015.
- Five days Speed Maths, Animated explanation for Aptitude Related Concepts & Sums, Video shooting of each & every student’s stage presentation, Resume Building, Group Discussion Tamil Medium students, Mock Interviews, Company Specific training with non-simulative company questions and FREE pre-assessment & post assessment Training Program was conducted to Final year B.Tech (Aero, Auto, IT, Polymer) & all M.Tech students (2016 batch) on 10, 11,12, 22 & 29th August 2015 by “APT Training Resources”
- Employability Training Program was conducted by Matchpoint, to final year MBA students (2016 batch) on 1st Oct 2015, at our University Convention Centre – Seminar Hall – 2. It is free of cost training program.
- AMCAT Online Assessment Test Process was conducted for final year B.Tech (CSE, ECE, EEE, IT & EIE) and MCA students (2016 batch) on 6th Oct 2015.
- Mphasis” PPT was given by AMCAT Assessment Partner for Final year B.Tech (CSE, ECE, EIE, IT) & MCA students (2016 batch) on 1st Oct 2015 at 3:00 P.M. at Sem Hall – 1. MCA : 100 Nos. and from B.Tech : 200 Nos. took part in the event.
- “Vista Mind” Aptitude and Technical based training class was conducted to pre-final year MBA students (2016 batch) from February 2015 onwards (once in week).
- A Lecture on “Placement Awareness Talk” was organized by EEE department for the Pre-final year B.Tech (EEE-2016 batch) students on 25th March 2015, at our University premises
Placement Training programme for the year 2014-15
- “Cocubes” Quantitative Aptitude Test and Analytics Reasoning Continuous Test was conducted on every Friday & Saturday during the month of August 2014 through Online Portal for the Final Year B.Tech & MCA (2015 batch) students was conducted at our University premises.
- TVS Training & Services’ Customized Skill enhancement Training Program was conducted for the final year MBA students (2015 batch) on 18th & 19th Aug 2014. (for 100 students).
- B Square IT Solutions’ Aptitude Skill Training Program was conducted for the final year M.Tech, MCA & M.Sc. students (2015 batch) on 18th, 19th & 20th Aug. 2014. (for 380 students).
- Two days training programme on Quantitative Ability, Reasoning Skills and Verbal Ability Training Program was conducted for final year B.Tech students (2015 batch) on 27th & 28th Aug. 2014. (for 900 students). The training resources were from “Vista Mind”.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions’ CCSP Certified online test process was conducted for the final year (2015 batch) B.Tech / M.Tech / MCA & M.Sc. students on 5th August 2014, at our University premises – MCA Lab.
Cassius Technologies Private Limited” Online Portal for Final Year B.Tech, M.Tech and MCA (2015 batch) students’ Registration and Online Assessment Test Portal was initiated for the year to get huge placements thro ’online Portal.