School of Life Sciences
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISCE etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology. B.Sc., Botany / Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology /Biotechnology/ Genetics or equivalent with 60% minimum aggregate.
For Foreign Students
- B.Sc., Botany / Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology /Biotechnology/ Genetics or equivalent with 60% minimum aggregate.
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Mathematics, physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects (for all B.Tech.Programmes except Biotechnology and related programmes)
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology as compulsory subjects. (For B.Tech. Biotechnology and related programmes)
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Admission Fee – one-time payment (USD)||Total (USD)|
|1||M.Sc. Biotechnology (2 years)||500||500||1000|
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
Hostel Fee Per Year
|NRI & International Students|
|A/C Double Sharing (Accommodation & Boarding)||USD 2,200|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide strong fundamentals of biotechnology and its industrial application
- To discover in depth knowledge of animal and plant biotechnology, and also broad area of biochemistry, Immunology and molecular biology
- It will provide the students to develop independent learning skills allbiochemical and biotechnology studies
- This course will provide the students to apply their knowledge and skills in their future professional areas
- This course will help in contributing to the education of academics which impart its effect for university to play an active role in other advanced studies
After successfully completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the basic knowledge and concepts of biotechnology and other related areas
- Understand the ability to apply their knowledge for practical which they can conduct independently
- pply their knowledge in other advanced subject area like nanobiotechnology, immunotechnology, and animal and plant biotechnology for the betterment and advancement of their professional career
- Learn the theoretical and practical exposure to the basic and the advanced fields of biotechnology