School of Electrical and Communication Sciences
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISC etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
For Foreign Students
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Mathematics, physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
- Date of birth of the candidate should fall on or after 1st July, 1997.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Admission Fee
one-time payment (USD)
|1||B.Tech. Electrical & Electronics Engineering (4 years)||Percentage of Marks in Physics, Chemistry & Maths
80% and above: 2000
50% to 79%: 3000
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
Hostel Fee Per Year
|NRI & International Students|
|A/C Double Sharing (Accommodation & Boarding)||USD 2,200|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide fundamental knowledge of mathematics and science to understand the basic concepts of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- To impart theoretical and practical knowledge in the broad areas of Power Generation, transmission, Distribution and Utilization
- To provide knowledge and skill in using Electrical and Electronic components circuits and systems
- To develop skills for devising and evaluating solutions including design of components system and their analysis using appropriate tools
- To enhance the spirit of enquiry through projects and internships to develop creativity, self confidence and team spirit
- To inculcate self learning capability to enable the students to constantly update themselves with the technological developments
- To impart necessary managerial and soft skills to face the challenges in core industries and software companies
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- Design, Simulate and Analyse the Electrical and Magnetic Systems in the areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and arrive at Appropriate solutions
- Competent to work professionally in an Industrial Environment