School of Life Sciences
For NRI Candidates
B.Tech/B.E. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Technology, B.Pharm or M.Sc., in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany/Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics.
- Candidate should secure minimum of 50% in graduation
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination
Documents Required for NRI Admissions
1. NRI candidates should produce Employer Certificate of the sponsor – either Father or Mother.
2. Application form with all details furnished.
3. Photocopies of the following
(I) NRI bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
(II) Passport copy of the parent having NRI status.
(III) Passport copy of student (except for NRI-S candidates)
4. Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
5. NRI Status Certificate in respect of father/mother.
6. Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
8. Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. NRI student who has been granted admission to a particular programme shall not be allowed to change the programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenities and Service Fee (USD)
|1||M.Tech. Biotechnology (2 years)||CGPA in UG Programme
8.0 and above: 750*
Below 8.0 : 1500
|Merit Scholarship for M.Tech. Programme|
|CGPA in UG Programme||Scholarship on the fee|
|8.0 and above||USD 1500 per year as Scholarship*|
|Hostel Fee Per Year|
|Non A/C – Four Sharing||USD 1400|
|A/C – Four Sharing||USD 2000|
|A/C – Three Sharing||USD 2100|
|A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2200|
|International Hostel A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2700|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Admission Brochure 2020-21
Programme Educational Objectives
The course aims to provide an advanced understanding of the core principles and topics of Biotechnology and their experimental basis, and to enable students to acquire a specialized knowledge and understanding of selected aspects by means of a lecture series and a research project.
Hence, the main objectives of the program are:
- To provide an introduction to the basic concepts of Biotechnology and its recent advances.
- For the basic understanding, this course includes advanced biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, immunotechnology, and microbial biotechnology.
- Moreover, several laboratory courses given in the individual sections of the curriculum with detailed information on the importance of biotechnology in basic and applied research.
- Finally this course explains the advanced sections of biotechnology like genetic engineering, nanobiotechnology, computational biology and medical biotechnology.
- This course provides necessary theoretical and practical experience in all divisions of biotechnology to pursue a professional career in this field.
- To provide broad exposure to various societal, ethical and commercial issues in the various aspects of biotechnology.
After successfully completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Apply their knowledge of biotechnology into high end research
- Advanced sections of like Immunology, bioinformatics, nano-biotechnology will give broad information on applications and opportunities in the field of biotechnological research.
- Identify research and solve biochemistry, cell and molecular biology related problems related to the different types of animal and plant diseases.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary subjects in industries and research.
- Ability to communicate and function effectively in multi-disciplinary team related to the biochemistry and molecular biology
School of Life Sciences Promo Video
Alumni Video Feedback
Placement of M.Tech students
Name of the student
Name of the Company placed
Name of the Institution pursuing higher studies
Tota number of students admitted
Total number of students graduated
Total number of students placed
Total number of students doing higher studies
Anthony Roxon M
Steril Gene Life Sciences, Chennai
Microlab Pvt. Ltd., Hosur
Fathima Sameena M
Microlab Pvt. Ltd., Hosur
Mohammed Abrar Basha
Showkat Ahmad Lone
Outcomes summary for M.Tech
Outcomes summary for M.Tech in %
|Placement of M.Tech students||Name of the student||Name of the Company placed||Name of the Institution pursuing higher studies||Tota number of students admitted||Total number of students graduated||Total number of students placed||Total number of students doing higher studies|
|M.Tech 2017-2019||Anthony Roxon M||Steril Gene Life Sciences, Chennai||6||6||6||–|
|Dony Jose||Microlab Pvt. Ltd., Hosur|
|Fathima Sameena M||Health watch|
|Ishwarya R||Microlab Pvt. Ltd., Hosur|
|Mohammed Abrar Basha||BSACIST, Chennai|
|Showkat Ahmad Lone||Histogenetics, Bangalore|
|Outcomes summary for M.Tech||6||6||6||0|
|Outcomes summary for M.Tech in %||–||100%||100%||N/A|