School of Arabic & Islamic Studies
BA Islamic Studies
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISC etc.) in any stream with a minimum of 50% overall aggregate of marks with the ability of Quran reading. A course recognized as equivalent thereto by the Institute. Candidates date of birth should fall on or after 1st July 1998.
For NRI Students
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 50% aggregate or equivalent grade are eligible to apply.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
Documents Required for NRI Admissions
1. NRI candidates should produce Employer Certificate of the sponsor – either Father or Mother.
2. Application form with all details furnished.
3. Photocopies of the following
(I) NRI bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
(II) Passport copy of the parent having NRI status.
(III) Passport copy of student (except for NRI-S candidates)
4. Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
5. NRI Status Certificate in respect of father/mother.
6. Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
8. Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. NRI student who has been granted admission to a particular programme shall not be allowed to change the programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenities and Service Fee (USD)
|1||B.A. Islamic Studies (3 years)||500||500||1000|
|Hostel Fee Per Year|
|Non A/C – Four Sharing||USD 1400|
|A/C – Four Sharing||USD 2000|
|A/C – Three Sharing||USD 2100|
|A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2200|
|International Hostel A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2700|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
The programme objectives covering all the three years of undergraduate courses are as follows:
- To impart knowledge in the subjects of Arabic and Islamic Studies.
- To promote innovative and logical thinking.
- To produce graduates who have a sound broad knowledge of fundamentals aspects of their specific areas and awareness of application of the subjects.
- To enable students to acquire extensive language skill in Arabic and English.
- To produce graduates who can contribute in public and private sectors at various level.
- To develop effective leadership quality among the students.
Programme Specific Objectives
- To impart detailed subject knowledge in Holy Qur’an, Hadith, Fiqh, Islamic History, Comparative Religions and Islamic Banking & Finance etc.
- To train students in finding solutions for modern issues of family life and social life in the light of Qur’an and Hadith.
- To provide knowledge of basic concepts and philosophy of major religions Hinduism, Christianity and Judaism about God, worldly life and Hereafter.
- To develop translation skill from Arabic into English and vice versa.
- To teach values and ethics in general and Islamic values and ethics in particular in practical life.
Upon the successful completion of the programme the students will be able:
- To demonstrate knowledge and competency in Arabic and Islamic Studies.
- To critically analyze the issues and problems in the light of Qur’an and Hadith.
- To provide solutions to familial and societal issues according to Islamic principles.
- To exercise leadership skills individually and collectively.
- To communicate effectively in Arabic and English both in written and oral.
- To translate texts from Arabic to English and vice versa professionally.
- To get employed in government and private sectors.
- To apply various modes of Islamic finance in business transactions.
- To contribute to interfaith and intra-faith dialogue to promote harmony in the society.
- To promote ethics and morality in their own lives and society.