School of Life Sciences
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISC etc.) with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (or) Biology / Botany / Zoology as the subjects of study and with a minimum of 50% overall aggregate of marks. Candidates date of birth should fall on or after 1st July 1998.
For NRI Students
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 50% aggregate or equivalent grade are eligible to apply.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
Documents Required for NRI Admissions
1. NRI candidates should produce Employer Certificate of the sponsor – either Father or Mother.
2. Application form with all details furnished.
3. Photocopies of the following
(I) NRI bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
(II) Passport copy of the parent having NRI status.
(III) Passport copy of student (except for NRI-S candidates)
4. Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
5. NRI Status Certificate in respect of father/mother.
6. Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
8. Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. NRI student who has been granted admission to a particular programme shall not be allowed to change the programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenities and Service Fee (USD)
|1||B.Sc. Biotechnology (3 years)||1500||500||2000|
|Hostel Fee Per Year|
|Non A/C – Four Sharing||USD 1400|
|A/C – Four Sharing||USD 2000|
|A/C – Three Sharing||USD 2100|
|A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2200|
|International Hostel A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2700|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- This course will facilitate the graduates to be professionally competent in Biotechnology to solve the problems in environmental, food, biochemical and biomedical sciences
- This course will offer students with a solid foundation in Biological Sciences, to enable them to work on applications in biotechnology as per the requirement of the industries, and also will enable the students to pursue higher studies and research
- This course will enable students to acquire knowledge on the fundamentals of Biochemistry, Cell biology, Microbiology and Molecular biology to enable them to understand basic concept in modern biology and help them to build their carrier in this field
- This course will facilitate the students to acquire knowledge in skill based courses such as Biofertilizer Technology, Agricultural Biotechnology, Medical Biotechnology, Herbal Technology, Disease Management and Mushroom Culture Technology enabling their skills and give confidence to them for business opportunities
- This programme will teach students the importance of Bioethics, entrepreneurship, communication and management skills
- This course will also offer the graduates to demonstrate their proficiency in theory and practice of bio-techniques through life-long learning and provide confidence to perform as an individual and / or member of a team with professional and ethical behavior
- Graduates of the course will have strong background in the interface of modern biology and skill based courses and be able to use these tools in business / industry and / or institutes wherever necessary
- Graduates will identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex science problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science, and applied sciences
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the science and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Graduates of the course will have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- Graduates of the course will function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Graduates of the course will communicate effectively on complex science activities with the science community and with the society at large
- Graduates of the course will apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering and technology practice
- Graduates of the course will design solutions for complex science problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations