School of Social Sciences and Humanities
For NRI Candidates
- A pass in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State / Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination, with minimum of 50% overall aggregate. Students must have studied Commerce / Accountancy / Mathematics as one of the subjects
- Candidate’s date of birth should fall on or after 1st July 1998
For NRI Students
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 50% aggregate or equivalent grade are eligible to apply.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
Documents Required for NRI Admissions
1. NRI candidates should produce Employer Certificate of the sponsor – either Father or Mother.
2. Application form with all details furnished.
3. Photocopies of the following
(I) NRI bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
(II) Passport copy of the parent having NRI status.
(III) Passport copy of student (except for NRI-S candidates)
4. Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
5. NRI Status Certificate in respect of father/mother.
6. Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
8. Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. NRI student who has been granted admission to a particular programme shall not be allowed to change the programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenities and Service Fee (USD)
|1||B.Com. (3 years)||1000||500||1500|
|Hostel Fee Per Year|
|Non A/C – Four Sharing||USD 1400|
|A/C – Four Sharing||USD 2000|
|A/C – Three Sharing||USD 2100|
|A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2200|
|International Hostel A/C – Twin Sharing||USD 2700|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- To make students well versed with the various Accounting, Finance, and Business Law and Taxation policies in India
- To facilitate taking up of various professional courses (CA, ICWA, CMA, CS etc.) by providing the necessary inputs.
- To provide an in-depth understanding of various accounting and taxation rules to the students.
- To provide sufficient knowledge and skills to students to seek employment or for managing business organization effectively.
- To provide career oriented education to students so that they can either go for jobs or engage in self-employment.
- Apply the knowledge of Finance, Accounting, Taxation and Business Laws’ specialization to the solution of complex real-world problems
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principle of Finance, accounting, taxation and business laws
- Design solutions for complex problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern accounting and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex activities with an understanding of the limitations
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional practice
- Comprehend the impact of the professional accounting, finance and management solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the accounting, finance and management practices
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communicate effectively on complex business activities with the business community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the accounting, finance and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in broadest context of technological changes
Programme Specific Outcomes
- To cater to the manpower needs of companies in Accounting, Taxation, Business Laws, Auditing, Financial analysis and Management
- To enrich communication, ethical values, team work, professional and leadership skill sets of students
- To develop entrepreneurial and managerial skills in students, so as to enable them to establish and manage their businesses more effectively
- To integrate knowledge, skill and attitude that will sustain an environment of learning and creativity among the students with an assurance for good careers