School of Architecture
For NRI Candidates
- Candidates for B.Arch. programme are selected through counselling based on the rank secured in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) and in the qualifying examination
- Candidates should have passed 10 +2 examination (HSC/ CBSE /ISC etc.) or any other equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% of Marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. They should have studied English as subjects of study
- The candidates should have a minimum score with pass in NATA and a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the qualifying examination
- Age Limit: Candidates date of birth should fall on after 1st July 1998
For NRI Students
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Mathematics as a compulsory subject of study in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 50% aggregate or equivalent grade a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
- Minimum score of 40% in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture).
- Date of birth of the candidate should fall on or after 1st July, 1998.
Candidates are selected for admission to B.Arch. Programme based on their merit in Qualifying Examination (10 +2) and score obtained in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture).
Note : NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is the entrance test conducted by National Council of Architecture, INDIA.
Documents Required for NRI Admissions
1. NRI candidates should produce Employer Certificate of the sponsor – either Father or Mother.
2. Application form with all details furnished.
3. Photocopies of the following
(I) NRI bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
(II) Passport copy of the parent having NRI status.
(III) Passport copy of student (except for NRI-S candidates)
4. Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
5. NRI Status Certificate in respect of father/mother.
6. Certificates of Educational Qualifications
10th Std/12th Std/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate (as applicable to specific
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
8. Undertaking Duly Countersigned By Parent/Guardian.
Admission, Transfer and Change of Course
Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. NRI student who has been granted admission to a particular programme shall not be allowed to change the programme subsequently.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in the subjects.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Amenity Fee (USD)
|1||B.Arch. (5 years)||Overall Percentage of Marks in +2 Exam
80% and above: 2000*
60% to 79%: 2500*
Below 60%: 3500
*To receive the merit scholarship in the subsequent years, students should secure minimum CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 7.5 in the semester examinations at the end of every academic year.
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
Hostel Fee Per Year
|A/C Double Sharing (Accommodation & Boarding)||USD 2,200|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- Recognizing the vision statement of the university and the contextual issues listed, the curriculum objectives are, Ensuring architecture for the country taking off from its historicity and making it appropriate for modern day transformations
- Ensuring a process of technological expression that integrates energy efficient materials with technique of application
- Ensuring an environmental balance that is brought out by an understanding of Man – made and natural systems considering the physical, social and economic spheres
- Evolving a professional capable of vision, innovation and competence keeping in view the human value system
On completion of the programme the graduate will
- Respect for the Historicity of architecture and the change which it has undergone with regard to modern day transformations and manifestation according to the needs of the society
- Be able to communicate a technological expression that integrates energy efficient materials with technique of application on construction industry.
- Be able to analyze, understand and evolve an environmental balance which can be achieved by making them comprehend the Man-made and natural systems considering the physical, social and economic spheres
- Be able to apply creativity, innovations and develop competence in design development towards appropriate technology. Have a commitment to quality with ethical values, timelessness in architecture with continuous improvement