School of Mechanical Sciences
B.Tech. Automobile Engineering
Eligibility For B.Tech. Programme
- Candidates should have passed 12th standard examination conducted by State Board / CBSE / ISC or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates should have appeared for the Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test (CIEAT 2022) or should have a valid score in JEE (Main).
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full time and Formal Education alone are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Candidates date of birth should fall on or after 1st July 2000.
CIEAT 2022 – Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test
Candidates shall be selected for admission to B.Tech. Programme of all branches of study based on the merit in the qualifying examination and the marks scored in the Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test (CIEAT-2022) conducted by B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology. Candidates having a valid score in JEE (Main) will be directly selected for admission.
Applications are invited from prospective Candidates.
Helpline : +91 95432 77888
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Programme||*Tuition Fee per Semester based on % of marks in
Maths, Physics & Chemistry (INR)
|80% and above||60 – 79.99%||Below 60%|
|Automobile Engineering||Rs 30,000*||Rs 40,000*||Rs 75,000|
|Merit Scholarship for B.Tech. Programmes|
|+2 Cut off marks range||Scholarship on the fee|
|80% and above||Rs.90,000/- per year as Scholarship*|
|60 – 79.99%||Rs.70,000/- per year as Scholarship*|
*To receive the merit scholarship in the subsequent years, students should secure minimum CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 7.5 in the semester examinations at the end of every academic year.
|Amenities and Service Fee for B.Tech., B.Arch. and B.Des. (INR) – One time payment at the time of admission|
|1||Amenities and Service Fee||Rs 35,000/-|
|*Hostel Fee per Year|
|Establishment Charges||Rs 40,000/-|
|Boarding Charges||Rs 55,000/-|
*Amenity and Service Fee: Rs 5,000/ (one time payment)
|*Transport Charges per Year (Optional)|
|A.C. Bus||Rs 40,000/- to 50,000/-|
*Transport charges varies based on the distance
Programme Educational Objectives
The Mission of the Automobile Engineering Program is achieved by student learning outcomes that prepare the graduate to be able to:
- inculcate involvement in learning by adapting a holistic approach through well designed curriculum, pedagogy and evaluation for a successful professional career.
- provide a strong foundation in physical sciences and analytics to enable comprehensive understanding of the basic principles of Automobile Engineering.
- develop knowledge and skill in applying engineering principles to conceive, design, analyze, manufacture, maintain and recycle Automobile Engineering systems and components.
- equip the students with essential fundamental knowledge from other relevant disciplines to infuse a multi-disciplinary approach.
- empower the students through projects, internships leading to development of creativity, self confidence and team spirit.
- create the ambience with scope for developing communication and life skills so as to meet the needs of the society in the globalized environment
The following list of educational outcomes was chosen by the department to describe what the students are expected to know or be able to do at time for graduation from the program:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Model tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one‘s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Programme Specific Outcomes
B. Tech Automobile Engineering graduates will be able to:
- design, model and analyze automobile components, sub systems and automotive electronic systems
- develop as professionals in automotive system design, validation, operation, testing with emission measurement and control and maintenance of vehicles