Muththamizh Selvi S.I
|Nature of Employment
||MA., M.Phil, B.Ed, (Ph.D)
||+91 44 2275 1347,48,50 (Office)
||Year of Passing
||African- American Literature
||Waiting for Viva
||Manonmaniam Sundarnar University, Thirunelveli.
||Annamalai University, Chidambaram.
||No. of Years
|| Dhanalakshmi College of Engineering
||Feb 2016 to July 2019
||3 Yrs 5 Months
||GKM College of Engineering & Technology
||June 2010 to Oct 2015
||5 Yrs 4 Months
||Sri Krishna Engineering College
||Sep 2009 to June 2010
||Sri Jayaram Engineering College
||Sep 2005 to July 2007
||1 Yr 10 Months
|Post Graduate Assistant
||Mount park Hr Sec School
||May 2004 to May 2005
- Technical English I
- Technical English II
- General English
- Communicative English
Area of Research Interest
- Indian Writing in English
- African – American Literature
- Journal published titled as “Racism in the poems of Gwendolyn Brooks”, Indian Journal of Applied Research, vol. 6, p.no.43-45,Issue: 10, October 2016, ISSN- 2249- 555X, IF: 3.919, IC Value: 74.50
- Journal Publication in Indian Journal of Applied Research published in Volume V, Issue 03 March -2015 titled “Protesting Poems of Gwendolyn Brooks”no. 60-62,Issue:3, March 2015,ISSN-2249- 555X, IF: 2.1652
- Received a Certificate of Appreciation in International Conference on Human Machine Interaction in 2013.
- Faculty Development Program on Institutional Governance & Research Ethics conducted by Mannar Thirumalai Naicker College, Madurai from13.05.2020 to 19.05.2020
- Faculty Development Program on Indigenous Knowledge Systems and Modern Education conducted by Sree Ayyappa College for Women from 25.05.2020 to 29.05.2020
- Faculty Development Program onChanging Faces of English Teaching/ Learning in the PostPandemic World conducted by Kristu Jayanti College, Bengaluru on 26.05.2020 to 28.05.2020
- Faculty Development Program on Recent Trends in English Language Teaching conducted by REVA University, Bengaluru on 22.06.2020 to 26.06.2020
- Faculty Development Program on Beyond Academic Excellence – A Reality Show conducted by Nallamuthu Gounder Mahalingam College on 05.2020 to 31.05.2020
- International Webinar on Postcolonial Negotiations: History, Literature and Culture conducted by SKB University, West Bengal on 03.06.2020 to 05.06.2020.
- International Webinar on Human Values and Visual Arts in Literature conducted by Periyar Govt. Arts College, Cuddalore on 06.2020.
- International Webinar on Environmental Theatre and language Teaching conducted by Madras Christian College from 24.08.2020 to 26.08.2020.
- National Webinar on Queer Studies in India: Some Reflections conducted by A.P.C. Mahalakshmi College for Women on 13.08.2020
- Webinar on Strategies for Low Budget Research conducted by BSACIST on 20.05.2020
- Webinar on Polish Your Academic Writing conducted by BSACIST on21.05.2020
- Webinar on Key Concepts of Post- Coloniasm conducted by Kongu Arts and Science College, Erode on 21.05.2020
- Webinar on A Comprehensive Roadmap to Pursue Academic Research conducted by SRM Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai on 05.2020
- Webinar on Subaltern Literature conducted by Sri GVG visalakshi College for Women on 30.05.2020
- Webinar on Pandemic and Post – Pandemic Reflection conducted by Bharata mata College, Thrikkakara on 15.05.2020 to 30.05.2020
- Webinar on Enhancing Language and Literature conducted by Thiyagarajar College, Madurai on 29.05.2020
- Webinar on Teaching Comprehensive Skills to Digital Native conducted by VELS Institute of Science , Technology & Advanced Studies, Chennai on 05.06.2020
- Webinar on Essential Future Skills for Post Covid conducted by BSACIST on 05.06.2020
- Webinar on Glimpses from History and Literature the Life, Rule and Death of Cleopatra conducted by Providence College for Women, Coonoor on 13.06.2020
- Webinar on Restaging the Rehearsal – A Glimpse into Drama conducted by Parvathy’s Arts & Science College, Dindigul on 06.2020 &06.06.2020
- Webinar on Contemporary Critical Theories conducted by Mar Gregorios College of Arts & Science,Chennai on 06.2020
- Webinar on Various Project Opportunities for DST Funding – Strategies on International Cooperation conducted by BSACIST on 23.05.2020
- Webinar on Training on Importance of Digital Libraries in Research and Learning conducted by BSACIST on 21.05.20202.
- Webinar on Culture and Myth conducted by Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, Sivakasi on 27.05.2020
- Webinar on How to Publish High Quality Impact Research Articles on 09.08.2020 at BSACIST.
- Teaching the TOEFL TEST ONLINE on 06.08.2020.
- Webinar on Emotional Strengthening during Covid 19 conducted by BSACIST on 07.08.2020
- International online Workshop on Boost Yourself Exponentially conducted by Nehru Arts and Science College, Coimbatore on 22.05.2020 &23.05.2020
- Online Workshop on Design & Development of E- Content conducted by BSACIST on 12.08.2020
- “Introducing Gwendolyn Brooks through her images”, National Seminar on Communication Skills and Beyond- A Pragmatic Approach dated on 15th March 2017, Valliyammai Engineering College, Chennai.
- National Conference on Testing and Evaluation of Language Skills ,presented paper on “Multimedia and Effective Language Teaching” organized by Hindustan University on 22nd & 23 Jan 2013.
- Participated a National Seminar on Technology Integrated Language Teaching in B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai, dated on 1st & 2nd March 2012.
- Participated a State Level Workshop on Creativity in English Language Teaching in B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai, dated on 11th Oct 2012.
- Centre For Faculty Development Programme, Anna University, Chennai, Training Programme on Communication Skills from 5th to 12thJanary 2011
- One day National Level Faculty Development Programme on “Enhancing Educational Excellence” on 28th July 2006 in Velammal Engineering College, Chennai.
- Participated a National Seminar on Comparative Literature: Themes and Techniques on 5th & 6th March 2004.
- 41st Annual Conference of Indian Association for American Studies , presented a paper entitled “Feminism in Gwendolyn Brooks Poems” held on 29th-31st August,2012 p.no Annamalai University, Chidambaram.
- English Language Teacher’s Association of India, presented a paper on “Developing Speaking Skills Through Creative Activities” at conference on 6th & 7th February 2004 at Anna University, Chennai.
- English Language Teacher’s Association of India, presented a paper on Improving Reading Skills at Hr. Sec Level held on 9th & 10 July 2004 at P.K.R Arts College of Women, Gobichettipalayam.
- Participated in the Third Reginal Conference of English Teachers held at Seethalakshmi Ramaswami College, Tiruchirapalli on 25th & 26th September, 2003.