|Nature of Employment
||MA., M.Phil, B.Ed., PhD.,
||+91 44 2275 1347,48,50 (Office)
||Year of Passing
||Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University
||University of Madras
||University of Madras
||University of Madras
||No. of Years
||Tagore Engineering College, Chennai
||22.07.2015 to 25.07.2019
||4 years, 3 days.
||Asan Memorial College of Engineering and Technology, Chengalpattu
||01.08.2011 to 21.07.2015
||3 years, 11 months, 21 days
||Don Bosco Polytechnic College, Thirukazhukundram
||19.07.2010 to 29.07.2011
||1 year, 10 days
- Communicative English
- Technical English
- Technical English I
- Technical English II
Area of Research Interest
- Indian Literature (Subaltern Studies)
- Afro – American Literature
- Published an article on “The State of Emergency and the Loss of Identity in Rohinton Mistry’s A Fine Balance” in Writers Editors Critics. GIEWEC, India. 2016. Volume 6 No. 2. ISSN: 2231-198X.
- Published an article on A Subaltern Study of Aravind Adiga’s The White Tiger” in the Asian Journal of Research in Social Science and Humanities in. Volume No. 6, Issue: 7, 2016. PP. 1280- 287.Online ISSN: 2249-7317.
- Published an article on The Portrayal of Subaltern Women in Amitav Ghosh’s Sea of Poppies in Roots. An International Journal of Multidisciplinary Researches, Volume 4, Special Issue, August 2017. ISSN: 2349-8684.
National Conferences / Seminars / Workshops / FDP
- Presented a paper in “A Study on Personality Development” National Conference on Recent Trends in Science Engineering and Management, Tagore Engineering College, Chennai during 28th March 2018.
- Participated in the National Conference on “Learner Centred Language Teaching” on 15th March, 2013, organised by Aksheyaa College of Engineering.
- Participated in the Two Days Faculty Development Programme on”Integrative Teaching Pedagogy in End User Perspective” organized by the Department of Management Studies and Electrical and Electronics Engineering, on 25th and 26th June 2019, at Tagore Engineering College, Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai – 127.
- Attended the Faculty Development Programme on “Imparting Communication and Soft Skills” organized by the Department of English, AMET Deemed to be University, Chennai, October 2018.
- Attended the International FDP on “Role of Faculty in Addressing Challenges in Masterclasses”, organized by the Department of Management Studies and Electrical and Electronics Engineering in Association with The Institute of Engineering and Technology, UK, on 29th of September, 2016, at Tagore Engineering College, Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai – 127.
- Attended the Faculty Development Programme at Anna University on 26th and 27th June 2015.
- Attended the Faculty Development Programme at Anna University on 4th January to 11th January 2013.
- Attended the Cambridge English Teachers Supporting Workshop on Refresher Workshop on Developing the Four Skills in Preparation for Cambridge English: Business Certificates (BEC) in Feb 2018, Chennai.
- Participated in the Workshop on “360 Degree of Teaching Excellence: Reinventing Teaching for Gen Next” organized by the Department of Management Studies and Electrical and Electronics Engineering in Association with The Institute of Engineering and Technology, UK, held on 3rd March, 2017, at Tagore Engineering College, Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai – 127.
- Participated in the One-Day Workshop on “How to Identify the Journals – an Insight” organised by Research and Development Cell at Tagore Engineering College on 7th October, 2017.
- Attended the One day workshop on “Effective Strategies to Hone Communication Skills” on 6th March 2013 conducted by Jeppiaar Engineering College.
- Participated in the One-Day National Seminar on “Imparting Communication and Soft Skills” organized by the Department of English, AMET Deemed to be University, Chennai, 29 October, 2018.
- Attended the NAAC sponsored seminar on “Teaching in Internet Era: The Challenges Ahead (NSTTE-2016)” on 4th March, 2016 held at Tagore Engineering College, Chennai.
- Attended the One day National Seminar on “Perspectives and principles in Publishing Research Papers in ELT” at Valliammai Engineering College, on 29th April, 2015.
- Participated in the International Seminar on “Gender Issues: Transcending Boundaries of Culture” at Andhra University on 19th and 20thSeptember 2014.
- Participated in the National Seminar on “Indian literatures in English: New Directions, Never possibilities” at Pondicherry University on 20th and 21st March 2014.
- Attended the National Seminar on ‘Content Based Materials and Instructions” Participated at Anna University held on 7th and 8th March 2014.
- Participated in the International Seminar on “Women Novelists in English” organised by VHNSN college, Virudhunagar on 24th January 2014.
- Attended One day seminar on soft skills (Achievement Motivation of the learner) on 27th February 2010.
Awards and Achievements
- Have received awards and cash prizes for producing excellent academic results in Technical English I & II and have also produced good results in Communicative English and Technical English.
- Promoted as Head, Department of Science and Humanities, Tagore Engineering College, Chennai-127.
- Head, Department of Science and Humanities from 28.6.2019 to 25.7.2019
- Minutes Recorder of Staff Council Meeting
- Students Counsellor