Extra Mile Award
Dr.A.Shahin Sultana, Professor of English has been awarded “Extra Mile Award ”for Continuous excellence by Cambridge Assessment English on 22.11.2019 at the Annual Coordinators’ Conference held at Hotel Rain Tree, Chennai. The award was given in recognition of the special efforts taken by her as the Coordinator of Business English Certificate Courses in conducting the courses and the exams well and producing good results consistently. The award was presented by T.K. Arunacahalam, Regional Director, South Asia Region, Cambridge Assessment English.
Preparation Centre Award
B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology which has been functioning as Preparation and Exam centre for Business English Certificate Courses and the related exams has been given the award “Preparation Centre Award 2019-2020” by Cambridge Assessment English at the Annual Coordinators’ Conference held at Hotel Rain Tree, Chennai. The award was given in recognition of this centre for training the students for acquiring the qualification Business English Certificate Courses and the faculty members for administering the BEC exams as per the standards set by Cambridge Assessment English successfully and attaining good results consistently.
Best Staff of The Year Award
In 2016 Dr. A. Shahin Sultana was awarded – “Best Staff of the year – All Rounder” by Cambridge Assessment English at the Cambridge Partners’ function held at Hyatt Regency Chennai in recognition of her contributions towards Business English Certificate Courses and the multi-task role played by her in preparing and training the speaking examiners and administering the exams successfully and achieving good results every year. She was instrumental in starting Business English Certificate Courses and the signing of Mou. The university became the first private university in the whole of South India to have signed the Mou.
- Dr.Revathi Viswanathan won an award offered by Cambridge ESOL for doing a two week course in Cambridge in 2009.
- She received a scholarship offered by WORLD CALL organization to attend and present paper in the WORLD CALL Conference in Fukowa, Japan in 2010.
- Dr. A. Shahin Sultana won the award – STAFF OF THE YEAR-2015-2016 – ALL ROUNDER announced by Cambridge English Language Assessment
- Dr.P.Rathna won the prize for the most collaborative participant in the “English in the Classroom competition 2015” organized by Cambridge English, Language Assessment, Part of the University of Cambridge.
- Ms.A.Catherine Anna Pushpam won the first prize in the English in the Classroom competition, organized by Cambridge English Language Assessment, for developing exam based classroom activity for Higher Education/ Tertiary Learners in 2015.
An MOU was signed with the University of Cambridge ESOL Exams, London on 18.10.2010. The institute is the first private institute to have signed an MOU with the world leading authority on English Language Testing – University of Cambridge ESOL Exams in the whole of India. The ESOL English Tests (Business English Certificate – Preliminary, Vantage and Higher levels) conducted by them are globally recognized as high quality assessments. This cutting edge language assessment is on par with IELTS and TOEFL and is globally acclaimed.
The main objectives of the MOU are:
- To improve the quality of learning and teaching English further in BSAIST at international level
- To motivate the students to learn English language
- To introduce a standardized international testing system for English across BSAIST
- To provide opportunity for its students to gain achievements in English which are internationally recognized
- To develop BSAIST as a Cambridge ESOL authorized center to deliver the relevant qualifications
- To give teachers an opportunity for professional competence
Value Added Courses
Business English Course (Preliminary & Vantage levels) offered by the British Council was conducted for the students of I, II & III year B.E./B.Tech.
Japanese Language course was conducted for the students of our College from March 2007 to October 2008 in collaboration with S&N Hayakawa Enterprises Pvt. Ltd., Chennai.