- Dr.Revathi Viswanathan won an award offered by Cambridge ESOL for doing a two week course in Cambridge in 2009.
- She received a scholarship offered by WORLD CALL organization to attend and present paper in the WORLD CALL Conference in Fukowa, Japan in 2010.
- Dr. A. Shahin Sultana won the award – STAFF OF THE YEAR-2015-2016 – ALL ROUNDER announced by Cambridge English Language Assessment
- Dr.P.Rathna won the prize for the most collaborative participant in the “English in the Classroom competition 2015” organized by Cambridge English, Language Assessment, Part of the University of Cambridge.
- Ms.A.Catherine Anna Pushpam won the first prize in the English in the Classroom competition, organized by Cambridge English Language Assessment, for developing exam based classroom activity for Higher Education/ Tertiary Learners in 2015.
An MOU was signed with the University of Cambridge ESOL Exams, London on 18.10.2010. The institute is the first private institute to have signed an MOU with the world leading authority on English Language Testing – University of Cambridge ESOL Exams in the whole of India. The ESOL English Tests (Business English Certificate – Preliminary, Vantage and Higher levels) conducted by them are globally recognized as high quality assessments. This cutting edge language assessment is on par with IELTS and TOEFL and is globally acclaimed.
The main objectives of the MOU are:
- To improve the quality of learning and teaching English further in BSAIST at international level
- To motivate the students to learn English language
- To introduce a standardized international testing system for English across BSAIST
- To provide opportunity for its students to gain achievements in English which are internationally recognized
- To develop BSAIST as a Cambridge ESOL authorized center to deliver the relevant qualifications
- To give teachers an opportunity for professional competence
Value Added Courses
Business English Course (Preliminary & Vantage levels) offered by the British Council was conducted for the students of I, II & III year B.E./B.Tech.
Japanese Language course was conducted for the students of our College from March 2007 to October 2008 in collaboration with S&N Hayakawa Enterprises Pvt. Ltd., Chennai.