Dr. Hassan Shareef K
|Nature of Employment
||M.Com, NET, Ph.D
||Year of Passing
||No. of Years
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
||June, 2019 to till date
- Security analysis and portfolio management
- Derivatives and risk management
- Financial modeling
- Cost Accounting
- Business Management
- Business Environment and Ethics
Area of Research Interest
- Term structure of interest rate theory and modelling
- Financial Risk Management, Finance and stochastics
- Financial Crisis and Modelling
- Hassan Shareef & Santhakumar Shijin (2017). The term structure of interest rates and macroeconomic factors; evidence from Indian financial market. Borsa Istanbul Review.17(4): 249-256. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bir.2017.06.001(Elsevier).
- Hassan Shareef & Santhakumar Shijin (2016). Expectations Hypothesis and Term Structure of Interest Rates: An Evidence from Emerging Market. Asia-Pacific Financial Markets.23(2): 137-152. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10690-016-9212-z (Springer).
- Hassan Shareef & Santhakumar Shijin (2015). Currency Crisis of Emerging Economies: Global Conference on Managing in Recovering Market (GCMRM March 2015) Conference Proceedings ISBN No.: 978-81-929149-2-3
International Conferences / Seminars / Workshops
- Presented a paper titled “Currency Crisis of Emerging Economies” in Global Conference on Managing in Recovering Market” (GCMRM March 2015) MDI Gurgaon, India March 12, 2015. Co-Authored withShijin.S
National Conferences / Seminars / Workshops
- Presented a paper titled“A Maximum likelihood estimation of single factor Cox-Ingersoll Ross process for the Term Structure of Interest”,in the 16th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR16) held on 11th & 12th November 2016 at the Department of Management Studies, IISc. Bangalore. Co-Authored withShijin.S
- Presented a paper titled “Interest Parity and Term Structures of Interest Rates: Evidence from Emerging and Advanced Economies”- in 52nd Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society (TIES), January 4-6, 2016. Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, India. Co-Authored withShijin.S
- Presented a paper titled “A Joint Model of the Term Structure of Interest Rates and Macro Economic Factors; Evidence from Indian Financial Market” in The 15th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR15) held on 24th & 25th November 2015 at the Department of Management Studies, IISc. Bangalore. Co-Authored with Shijin.S
- Presented a paper titled “Expectations Hypothesis and Term-Structure of Interest Rates; An Evidence from Emerging Market”, in 4th India Finance Conference 2014, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, 17-19 December, Co-Authored with Shijin.S
Conference or workshop attended
- Participated in the Financial Research Workshop Organized by The Financial Research and Trading Laboratory (Finance Lab) held during November 7-8, 2014 at Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta.
- Participated in the one day UGC sponsored national workshop on “Role of Universities and Colleges in Human Resource Development beyond Curriculum” held at school of management, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry on 6 September 2013.
- Participated in the seven days Faculty Development Programme on Application of Econometrics Management Research (AEMR-2013) held at ABV-Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior during 21-27 June 2013.
- Attended author workshop on How to Write for and Get Published in Scientific Journals and Publish Manuscripts conducted by Springer and Edanz along with the Department of Information Science and Technology, Anna University at Chennai on 29th January 2013.
- Successfully completed the workshop on time series and panel data modeling and applications conducted by madras school of economics from 14th and 15th, December 2012.
- Participated in the 64th all India Commerce Conference Organized by the Department of Commerce, School of Management,Pondicherry University, Pondicherry during december 13-15, 2011.
Awards & Achievements
- Merit Scholarship for M. Com Programme in Pondicherry University
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by University Grant Commission (UGC) on December 2012.
- Qualified Moulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) by UGC on September 2013