|Nature of Employment
||044-22751347, 48. 50
||Anna University, Chennai
||Anna University, Chennai
||Plastics Processing Technology
||Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology (CIPET), Hyderabad, Andra Pradesh
||Muthurangam Government Arts College, Vellore
TEACHING EXPERIENCE (August 2012 to till date)
Courses Taught to UG:
Chemistry; Chemistry of Electronic Materials; Chemistry Practical-I & II; Chemical Reaction Engineering; Environmental Science and Engineering
Courses Taught to PG:
Physical Chemistry-II; Physical Chemistry Laboratory; Materials Synthesis and Characterization Laboratory
POST DOC RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
- 11/2011 to 08/2012: National University of Singapore, with Associate Prof Ouyang Jianyong
- 11/2010 to 10/2011: LMEN, University of Reims (URCA), France with Prof Louis GIRAUDET
- 11/2009 to 10/2010: INES, LMOPS, University of Savioe, France with Dr Lara PERRIN
- 11/2008 to 10/2009: The CEA, IRAMIS, LCCEf, France with Dr Gael ZUCCHI
- 09/2007 to 08/2008: LAMP, POSTECH, South Korea with Prof Shi-Woo Rhee
- Design, synthesis and characterization of novel organic materials for opto-electronic applications (OPVs, OLEDs and OFETs)
- Fabrication and characterization of Opto-electronic devices OPV, OFET and OLEDs
- Various polymerization techniques
- Phase transfer catalysed reactions
List of Publications
- Vajjiravel Murugesan, Elumalai Marimuthu, K S Yoganand and Umapathy M J (2017), Multi-site phase transfer catalyzed radical polymerization of methyl methacrylate in mixed aqueous-organic medium-a kinetic study, International Journal of Industrial Chemistry, DOI:10.1007/s40090-017-0125-0
- Elumalai Marimuthu and Vajjiravel Murugesan (2017), Influence of ultrasonic condition on phase transfer catalysed polymerization of methyl methacrylate in two phase system-a kinetic study, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 38, 560-569.
- Vajjiravel Murugesan and Umapathy M J (2016), Phase transfer catalyst aided radical polymerization n-butyl methacrylate in two phase system –a kinetic study, International Journal of Industrial Chemistry, 7, 441-448.
- Vajjiravel Murugesan, Kuan Sun, and Jianyong Ouyang (2013) ‘Highly efficient inverted polymer solar cells with a solution-processable dendrimer as the electron-collection interlayer’ Applied Physics Letters, 102, 083302-4.
- Kuan Sun, Baomin Zhao, Vajjiravel Murugesan, Amit Kumar, Kaiyang Zeng, Jegadesan Subbiah,Wallace W. H. Wong, David J. Jones and Jianyong Ouyang (2012) ‘High-performance polymer solar cells with a conjugated zwitterions by solution processing or thermal deposition as the electron-collection interlayer’ Journal of Materials Chemistry, 22, 24155-24165.
- Vajjiravel Murugesan, Rémi de Bettignies, Régis Mercier, Stéphane Guillerez, Lara Perrina (2012) ‘Synthesis and characterizations of benzotriazole based donor–acceptor copolymers for organic photovoltaic applications’, Synthetic Metals, 162, 1037-1045.
- Gaël Zucchi, Vajjiravel Murugesan, Denis Tondelier, Dmitry Aldakov, Feng Yang, Pierre Thuéry, Michel Ephritikhine, and Bernard Geffroy, (2011) ‘Solution, solid state and film properties of a structurally characterized highly luminescent molecular europium plastic material excitable with visible light’ Inorganic Chemistry, 50, 4851-4856.
- Vajjiravel M, Umapathy M J (2011) “Kinetics of radical polymerization of glycidyl methacrylate initiated by multi-site phase transfer catalyst-potassium peroxydisulfate system in two phase system” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol 120, pp 1794-1799.
- Vajjiravel M, Umapathy M J (2010) “Synthesis, characterization and application of multi-site phase transfer catalyst in radical polymerization of n-butyl methacrylate – A kinetic study” International Journal of Polymeric Materials Vol 59(9), pp 647-662
- Vajjiravel M, Umapathy M J (2010) “Multi-site phase transfer catalyzed radical polymerization of n-Butyl methacrylate-A kinetic study” Chemical Engineering Communications Vol 197, pp 352-365
- Vajjiravel M, Umapathy M J (2009) “Kinetics and mechanism of multi-site phase transfer catalyzed radical polymerization of ethyl methacrylate”International Journal of Polymeric Materials Vol 58(1), pp 61-76.
- Vajjiravel M, Umapathy M J (2008) “Free radical polymerization of methyl methacrylate initiated by multi-site phase transfer catalyst – A kinetic study”Colloid and Polymer Science Vol 286 (6-7) pp 729 – 738.
- Vajjiravel M, Umapathy M J (2008) “Multi-site phase transfer catalyst assisted radical polymerization of glycidyl methacrylate using potassium peroxydisulphate as initiator – a kinetic study” Journal of Polymer Research, Vol 15 (3) pp – 235-240.
- Vajjiravel M, Umapathy M J (2008) “Synthesis and characterization of multi-site phase transfer catalyst: application in radical polymerization of acrylonitrile – a kinetic study” Journal of Polymer Research Vol 15 (1) pp-27-36.
- Vajjiravel M, Umapathy M J, Bharath babu M (2007) “Polymerization of acrylonitrile using potassium peroxydisulfate as an initiator in the presence of a multi-site phase transfer catalyst- a kinetic study” Journal of Applied Polymer Science Vol 105 (6), pp-3634-3639.
- Savitha S, Vajjiravel M, Umapathy M J (2006) “Polimerization of butyl acrylate using potassium perxydisulfate as initiator in the presence of phase transfer catalyst – A kinetic study” International Journal of Polymeric Materials Vol 55(8) pp- 537-548.
LIST OF NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES:
- National conferences : 10
- International conferences : 05
- National Workshops : 03
- 2014-2017: DST-SERB Sponsored project for young scientist, the project entitled “Synthesis of novel low band gap polymeric materials for solar cell applications” – 23.78 Lakhs – Ongoing.(Sanction order Reference: SB/FT/CS-008/ dated: 01-08-2014)
Number of PhD guidance: 03 (ongoing)
Number of M.Sc. project guidance: 2
REFRESHER /SHORT-TERM COURSES
- QIP Short term course on “Advance of Fluorescence Spectroscopy” organized by Department of Chemistry, IIT Kanpur, November 10-15, 2014 – Attended.
- Refresher course on “Application on quantum mechanics to atoms, molecules and radiation” sponsored by Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, December 8-20, 2014- Attended.
Awards and Fellowships
- 2017: TNSCST Young Scientist Fellow; Host lab: CPMU/Molecular Electronics lab/Prof KSN
- 2015-2016: INSA-Visiting Scientist Fellow, Host lab: CPMU/Molecular Electronics lab/Prof KSN
- 2014-2015: Visiting Faculty Fellowship offered by JNCASR, Bangalore
- 2014: DST-SERB start-up research grant for young scientist
- 2011: Research Fellowship, NUS, MOM, Singapore
- 2010: Post-Doctoral fellowship, EU-University of Reims (URCA), France
- 2009: CNRS Fellowship, INES, University of Savoie, France
- 2008: CEA post-doctoral fellowship, IRAMIS, LCCEf, Saclay, France
- 2007: Post-doctoral fellowship (KOSEF), POSTECH, South Korea