Dr. Shafaat Ahmed Salahudeen
|Nature of Employment
|Date of Joining
||044-22751347 (Ext 290)(Office)
||Name of the University / Institution
||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
||1 Years & 4 Months
||2 Years & 9 Months
||Jubail Industrial College
||1 years and 6 months
||SABIC Polymer Research Center
||3 Years & 3 Months
||Annai JKK Sampoorani Ammal Polytechnic College
Area of Research Interest
- Wind Turbine – HAWT & VAWT and Bionic Blades
- Mixing Technology
- Packaging films – Blown & Cast – Multilayer
- Computational Fluid Dynamics – ANSYS
- Polymer – Nano composites – Conductive Polymers – Energy Storage
- Shafaat Ahmed Salahudeen & Abdul Razak bin Rahmat, “Design Parameter to Develop Secondary Flow in Twin Screw Extruder”, Applied Mechanics and Materials, (695), 2015, 659-662.
- Shafaat Ahmed Salahudeen, Othman Alothman, Rabeh H. Elleithy , Saeed Al-Zahrani, Abdurrazak bin Rahmat “Optimization of rotor speed based on stretching, efficiency, and viscous heating in non-intermeshing internal batch mixer: Simulation and experimental verification”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 4(127), 2013, pp. 2739–2748.
- Othman Alothman, Shafaat Ahmed Salahudeen, Rabeh H. Elleithy & Saeed Al-Zahrani, “Formation of Vinylidene in Polypropylene/Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (PP/EVA) Blends During Degradation”. Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, (51), 2012, pp. 540-547.
- Shafaat Ahmed Salahudeen , Rabeh H. Elleithy , Othman AlOthman and Saeed AlZahrani, “Comparative study of internal batch mixer such as Cam, Banbury and Roller: Numerical simulation and experimental verification” Chemical Engineering Science Journal, 12(66), 2011, pp. 2502-2511.
- Shafaat Ahmed Salahudeen& Abdul RazakRahmat, “Design Parameter to Develop Secondary Flow in Twin Screw Extruder”, World Virtual Conference On Advanced Research In Mechanical And Material Engineering, Trans Tech Publication, 2014.
- Rabeh H. Elleithy , Othman AlOthman, Shafaat Ahmed Salahudeen & Saeed Al-Zahrani “Comparative study of the effect of natural and artificial weathering of Polypropylene / Ethylene vinyl acetate (PP/EVA) blends”, 70th annual technical conference of the society of plastics engineers. ANTEC, 2012.
- Shafaat Ahmed Salahudeen, Rabeh H. Elleithy , Othman AlOthman & Saeed Al-Zahrani, “Comparative study of internal batch mixer such as Cam, Banbury and Roller: Numerical simulation and experimental verification”, First Scientific conference, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2011.
- Shafaat Ahmed Salahudeen, Rabeh H. Elleithy , Othman AlOthman & Saeed Al-Zahrani, “Numerical study on internal batch mixers”, King Saud University conference, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2010.
- Shafaat Ahmed Salahudeen, Chapter “Design and modeling of date palm fiber composites” in the Book “Date Palm Fiber Composites” Editor: Midani, Mohamad, Saba, Naheed, Alothman, Othman Y., Composites Science and Technology, ISBN: 978-981-15-9339-0, Springer, 2021.DOI: 10.1007/978-981-15-9339-0
- Shafaat Ahmed Salahudeen, Othman Alothman, Rabeh H. Elleithy, “Internal batch mixer with three-wing non- intermeshing rotors”, US Patent No: 9694330 B1, 2017.
- To develop Epoxy-Nano based Polymeric coating for marine applications, Saudi Aramco, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, March 2011 to April 2012.
- Study the weathering effect of Polyethylene/Polypropylene – EVA blends, SABIC, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, March 2010 to April 2012.
- To develop rotor blade for internal batch mixer, KAUST (Government funded), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, July 2012 – June 2014.
- To develop a plasticizer for polymer applications using ionic liquids, SABIC, Riyadh, June 2011 to December 2011.
Awards and Honours
- Awarded Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation grand, India, 2020
- Talents in Plastic Award (Runner) at 2nd GPCA (Gulf Petrochemical Association), Dubai on March, 2011.
- Best research paper award at King Saud University conference, Riyadh on February, 2011.
- Best poster award at First scientific conference, Riyadh on February, 2010.
- National Association of corrosion engineers (NACE), Jubail.