Mr. V. Gunasegaran
|Nature of Employment
||+91 44 2275 1347,48,50(Office)
||Year of Passing
|| Product Design and Manufacturing
||Pondicherry University, Puducherry
||Pondicherry University, Puducherry
||No. of Years
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute
||June, 2011 to till date
- Integrated Product Design
- Design for Manufacturing
- Metal Cutting and Machine Tools
- Industrial Engineering
- Industrial Safety Engineering
- Manufacturing Processes
- CAD and CAM
- Engineering Design Concepts
- Strength of Materials
Areas Of Research Interest
- Condition Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis of Mechanical Systems
- Vibration Analysis in Condition Monitoring
- Materials Modeling and Simulations
- Modeling and Simulations of Mechanical Systems
International & National Journal
- V. Gunasegaran, R. Prashanth and M. Narayanan, 2013, ‘’Experimental Investigation and Finite Element Analysis of Filament Wound GRP Pipes for Underground Applications’’, Elsevier, Vol 64, PP 1293-1301
- B.Prabu, V. Gunasegaran and P.Perumal, 2011,‘’Numerical Evaluation of Hyperelasticmodel for elastomer under uniaxial tension” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), Vol.5, PP.591-600
- Presented a paper entitled, “Experimental Investigation and FEA of Filament wound Glass Reinforced Plastic Pipes for Underground applications”, in International Conference on Design and Manufacturing (IconDM 2013) at IIITDM, Kanjipuram, Chennai, during July 2013.
- Participated in the International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface engineering for Mobility (ADMMS 2017) at BSACU, Chennai, during May 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled, “A study on Interoperable Cloud Based Manufacturing Using a Theoretical Model”, in National Conference on INDUSTRY 4.0 at SRM University, Vadapalani campus, Chennai, during April 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Numerical Evaluation of Hyperelastic Model for Elastomer under Uni-axial tension”, in National Conference on Design and Manufacturing (NaConDM 2011) at IIITDM, IIT Madras campus, Chennai, during May 2011.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Finite Element Analysis of a Hyper Elastic Model for Synthetic Rubber under Uniaxial Tension”, in National Conference on Advances and Challenges in Mechanical Engineering, (ACME 2011) at Erode Sengunthar Engineering College, Erode, during April 2011.
- Participated in the National Conference on Recent Trends in Functional Materials, (NCRTFM-2017) at BSACU, Chennai, during December 2017.
- Participated in the National Conference on Career Choices of B-School Students at BSACU, Chennai, during October 2015.
- Participated in the National Conference on Advances in Materials, Design and Manufacturing (AMDM 2013) at BSACU, Chennai, during April 2013.
- Faculty advisor for mechanical students
- Department Coordinator assistant for Exam paper revaluation activities
- Member in SAR Preparation for NBA – UG and PG
- Member in curriculum development – UG and PG (manufacturing stream)
- Department coordinator member – Rotaract club and Staff club
- Faculty advisor for Crescent Blood Donors
- UG and PG project guidance
- Completed the project of design and analysis for vibration and noise control in manifold assembly of anesthesia machine’s gas line system, associated with Avasarala Technologies Ltd, Puducherry, during October 2017.
- Completed the project of design and analysis of canister crack occurring in the circle / CO2 absorber system of anesthesia machine, associated with Avasarala Technologies Ltd, Puducherry, during November 2017.
- Evening practicing sessions for students to preparation of CAD works and GATE exam from 2011 to 2016.