Mr. S. Mohamed Illyas
||Assistant Professor (sr. Gr.)
|Nature of Employment
||044 2275 1347,48,50(Office)
||Year of Passing
||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Andhra Pradesh
||Madurai Kamaraj University
||Madurai Kamaraj University
||No. of Years
||GKM College of Engineering and Technology, Chennai.
||June 2002 to May 2008
||Jeppiaar Engineering College, Chennai
||August 2008 to May 2011
||2 Years 10 months
|Assistant Professor (Senior Grade)
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute
||June 2011 to
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Thermal Engineering
- Gas Dynamics and Jet propulsion
- Refrigeration and Air conditioning
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Energy Generation and Management
- Renewable Energy sources
Areas Of Research Interest
- Heat transfer enhancement of swirling jet impingement cooling
- Heat transfer and flow studies using Computational Fluid Dynamics
International & National Journal
- S. Mohamed Illyas, B.R. Ramesh Bapu and, V. Venkata Subba Rao, CFD Analysis of Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Characteristics of Swirl and Non Swirl Impinging Jet for Electronic Cooling Application, International Journal of Dynamics of Fluids. Vol. 7, No.2 (2011), pp. 203-214.
- S. Mohamed Illyas, CFD Analysis of Compressible Flow Across a complex Geometry Carburettor Venturi, National Conference on Design and Manufacturing, Chennai on April 11 (2009)
- S. Mohamed Illyas, T.Thomas Koil Raj, Optimization of Hydraulic Valve Design using Computational Fluid Dynamics, International Conference on Frontiers in Design and Manufacturing Engineering, Coimbatore, India, February 01-02 (2008)
- S. Mohamed Illyas, Study of heat transfer characteristics of finned tube in latent heat thermal storage system using Computational Fluid Dynamics, International Conference on Emerging Challenges in Design and Manufacturing Technologies, Chennai, India, November 28-30 (2007)
Seminars / Workshops
- Participated International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility during 20 – 21 July 2017 at B S Abdur Rahman Institute, Chennai.
- Participated Work shop on Model Based Systems Engineering in Automotive Applications on 19 July 2017 at B S Abdur Rahman University, Chennai.
- Participated Work shop on Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Lab during 23 – 24 December 2014 at B S Abdur Rahman Institute, Chennai.
- Participated work shop on Research Methodologies during 1 – 15 May 2013 at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Andhra Pradesh.
- Participated work shop on Intellectual Property Rights and Patents during 16 – 30 May 2013 at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Andhra Pradesh.
- Participated Faculty Development Programme on soft Skills during 1st and 2st July 2013 at B S Abdur Rahman Institute, Chennai.
- Participated National Conference on Advances in Materials, design and Manufacturing on 17 April 2013 at B S Abdur Rahman Institute, Chennai.
- Participated Faculty orientation Programme during 27 June – 1 July 2011 at B S Abdur Rahman Institute, Chennai.
- Participated Work shop on Engineering Graphics during 12 – 18 July 2011 at B S Abdur Rahman Institute, Chennai.
- Participated International Seminar on Current Technologies in the field of Noise and Vibration Testing on 11 February 2011 at Jeppiaar Engineering College, Chennai.
- Participated National workshop on Biodiesel basics organized by DRDO on 27 and 28 January 2009 at Jeppiaar Engineering College, Chennai.
- Participated Workshop on Creative Teaching on 22 February 2008 at GKM College of Engineering and Technology, Chennai.
- Participated National Conference on Advances in Product design, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering during 24 – 25 January 2008 at B S Abdur Rahman Institute, Chennai.
- Participated Workshop on Student Counseling on 22 March 2008 at National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Chennai.
Awards and Honours
- Best Teacher award for the year 2006 in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, GKM college of Engineering, Chennai.
- Best Teacher award for the year 2009 and 2010 in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Jeppiaar Engineering College, Chennai.