Dr. Soumen Bera
||Assistant Professor (Sr. Gr.)
|Nature of Employment
- Ph.D. (Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India)
- M.Sc. (Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, India)
- B.Sc (University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India)
- Antioxidant defense system and redox signaling in cancer.
- Antimicrobial properties of Phyto chemicals and their molecular mechanisms
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, Department of Pathology, University, of Illinois, USA.
- Post-doctoral Research Scholar, Dept. of Radiation Oncology, University of Iowa, USA.
Areas Of Research Interest
Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology.
Key Areas of Research:
Cancer biology, mitochondrial biology, free radicals and antioxidant enzymes in cancer research, Identification of novel therapeutic targets.
International: 20; National: Nil
International: 07; National: 01
Honors and Awards
- Awarded Post doctoral Fellowship from American Institute of Cancer Research, 2011-2012.