|Nature of Employment
||044 22759215 Ext:215(Office)
- Ph.D. (Bharathiar University, Coimbatore)
- M.Sc. (Bharathiar University, Coimbatore)
Programmed Cell Death, Disease Resistance and Apoptosis, Molecular and Genetic basis of pathogenicity mechanisms in lower eukaryotes, Functional Genomics, Proteomics, Bio- informatics, Mycotoxins, Ribosome inactivating proteins, Diabetes mediated Neurodegeneration
- Professor and Dean Research & Head Department of Biotech.,2012 to 2013- PDC, Chennai,
- Co-Principal Investigator, 2006-2011, Biotechnology Center, Rutgers University, NJ, USA.
- Project Director, 2009-2010, Biotechnology Center, Rutgers University, New Jersey, USA.
- Faculty -Research, 2005-2010, Biotechnology Center, Rutgers University, New Jersey, USA.
- Post Doctoral Research Associate, 2002-2005, Biotech Center, Rutgers University, NJ,USA.
- Post Doctoral Research Associate, 2002, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA.
- Assistant Professor, 2001-2002, Department of Microbiology, ANJAC, Sivakasi,
- Assistant Professor, 1999 – 2000, Department of Biochemistry, J.J. College, Pudukkottai,
Number of Research Publications
- International 40
- National 03
- International Conferences 123
- National conferences 92
Key Areas of Research:
- Diabetes, Mycotoxins-, Ribosome inactivating proteins/toxins as potential warfare, Apoptosis, Functional Genomics, Proteomics
Area Of Research Interest
- Molecular biology
- Genomics of disease
Areas of research interest:
Diabetes, Alzheimer’s Mycotoxins, Ribosome inactivating protein, toxins as potential warfare, Apoptosis, Functional Genomics, Proteomics, Bio informatics, Molecular biology and Pathology
Honors and Awards
- Invited to participate in Indo UK workshop on AMR, 14-18, November 2017
- President, Society for Pharmaceutical Education and Research, TN branch, 2017
- Honorary Fellow-Society of Pharmaceutical and educational research (SPER)
- Selected to participate in DBT sponsored workshop, 2016
- Selected for International Who’s Who in the World 31st Edition, (2013) New Jersey, USA.
- Best teacher award 2012-2013 for producing 100% results in all courses offered by Madras University Chennai.
- Best speaker award in National conference on recent advances and current trends in bioscience, Chennai, 2013
- Editorial advisor board (since August, 2012) in Proteomics
- Merit Award, Faculty Compensation, 2008 & 2009, Rutgers University, NJ, USA
- Best Research Presentation award, 2009, American Microbiological society, NJ, USA
- Post doctoral Research presentation award, 2006, Stadler Genetics Symposium, USA.
- Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2002-2005, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, USA
- Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2002, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship award 2002, Spanish Ministry of Education, Spain.
- Advisor in Research Board, 2001, American Biographical Institute, USA.
- Woman of the year, 2001, American Biographical Institute, USA
- International Who‟s who, Professional and Business Women 2001, USA
- Senior Research Fellowship, 1996-1999, CSIR, New Delhi, India