Dr. P.Ashok Kumar
|Nature of Employment
||044 22759380 (Office)
- Ph.D. (University of Madras, Chennai)
- M.Phil. (University of Madras, Chennai)
- M.Sc. (University of Madras, Chennai)
Biochemistry, Clinical Biochemistry, Bio instrumentation, Protein Engineering, Molecular diagnosis of disease.
- Visiting ResearchFellow, Department of Pharmacology, 2015-2017, Universityof Malaya(UM),Malaysia.
- Postdoctoral Fellow,Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2013-2015,Universiti of PutraMalaysia (UPM),Malaysia.
- Postdoctoral Fellow,Center for Cancer Research,2010-2012, Children’s Hospital Research Institute, Oakland, California, USA
Number of Research Publications
International Conferences 14
Key Areas of Research:
Area Of Research Interest Specialization:
Areas of research interest:
Cancer therapeutics, Signal Transduction, Natural products, Ulcerative colitis, Colitis associated cancer.
Honors and Awards
- Awarded Senior Research Fellowship(SRF),2008-2010, Councilfor Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR),New Delhi,
- Recipient of Radha Shanmuga sundaram proficiency award for Best Ph.D. thesis of the year 2011 in Biochemistry in the University of Madras, Chennai,India.
- Served as a Guest Editor for the special issue Natural products:Health and Disease under the American Journal of Bio science from Science Publishing Group NewYork, USA.
- Most accessed and Top 25 hottest article in Biochemistry in the year 2015 from the journal of Biofactors” (Wiley On line Library) entitled “Pandurangan AK, Saadatdoust Z, Esa NM,Hamzah H,Ismail DietaryCocoa protects against colitis-associated cancerbyactivatingthe Nrf2/Keap1pathway.BioFactors, 41(1) (2015)1-14”.
- Editorial board member (since August,2013) in Journal of Environmental Sciences,Toxicology and Food; technology(IOSR)
- Editorial board member(since August,2014) in Journal of Natural Agents; and Molecular Therapeutics
- Consulting Editor (sinceAugust,2014) in Drug, Design Development and Therapy Dove Press, Newzealand.
- Consulting Editor (sinceAugust,2014) in Drug, Onco Targets and Therapy, Dove Press, Newzealand.
- Serving as a Vice president for Society for Phytopharmacology and Research-India, Vishakhapatnam, India.
- Serving as an Adjunct Assistant Professor in Muthayammal Centre for Advanced Research(MCAR), Rasipuram-637408, Namakkal, TamilNadu, India.
- Raised funding worth 561,000 MYR (Approx. Rs.84Lakhs) as principal and Co-principal investigator in Malaysia.
- Delivered an invited lecture on “3D — A new dimension of in vitro research: Advantages and
limitations” at the Department of Industrial Biotechnology, SIRIM Berhad, Shah Alam,
Malaysia, 24 th May 2017.