Dr Mohammad Waseem
|Nature of Employment
||044-22759215 (Extn. 380)
- Ph.D. (Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, Govt. of India)
- M.Sc. (Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, Govt. of India)
- B.Sc. (M.J.P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, U.P., Govt. of India)
- Pharmacology, Toxicology, Neurochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, Mitochondrial Redox Signaling, Brain Injury, Pain Models, Mitochondrial Ion Channel Studies
- Post Doctoral Research Fellow at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), Alabama, USA
- Research Scientist at United Arab Emirates University, UAE
- Visiting Research Fellow at M.J.P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, Govt. of India.
Key Areas of Research
Molecular biology of malignant gliomas, Mitochondrial mechanism in In vitro and In vivo models, Designing of novel therapeutic strategies to minimize neuropathic pain, Identification and validation of novel potential drug targets in mitochondria mediated neurodegeneration. Modulation of Mitochondrial Permeability Transition.
International Conferences: 12
National conferences: 03
- Waseem M, Kashyap M, Li Changzhao, Chaudhary SC, Darshan SC, Atigadda VR, Varambally S, Elmets C, Athar M (2019). 9cis-retinoic UAB30 inhibits UVB-induced pro-inflammatory cytokines/chemokines signaling via targeting Bromodomain-4. Cancer Research 1158:1538-7445 (IF: 9.13)
- Waseem M, Tabassum H and Parvez S. (2018). Role of Mitochondrial Permeability Transition in Neuroprotection. Journal of Neurochemistry, 142, 249-249. (IF: 4.87)
- Kashyap MP, Roberts C, Waseem M and Tyagi P (2018). Drug Targets in Neurotrophin Signaling in the Central and Peripheral Nervous System. Molecular Neurobiology, 55:6939-6955. (IF: 5.07)
- Waseem M, Tabassum H, Kaushik P and Parvez S. (2018). Role of Mitochondrial Mechanism in Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy. Current Drug Metabolism, 19:47-54. (IF: 2.94).
- Kashyap M, Waseem M, Li Changzhao, Iqbal MS, Atigadda VR, Elmets C, Athar M (2019). 9cis-retinoid UAB30 by inhibiting aberrant fatty acid metabolism protects against UVB-induced skin inflammation and carcinogenesis. Cancer Research 1158:1538-7445 (IF: 9.13)
- Waseem M,Sahu U, Salman M, Choudhury A, Kar S, Tabassum H, Parvez S (2017). Melatonin pre-treatment mitigates SHSY-5Y cells against oxaliplatin induced mitochondrial stress and apoptotic cell death PLoS ONE.12:e0180953. (IF: 2.77)
- Waseem M, Parvez S (2016). Neuroprotective Effects of Melatonin as Evidenced by Abrogation of Oxaliplatin induced Behavioral Deficits, Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Neurotoxicity in Rat. Mitochondrion. 30:168-76. (IF: 3.44)
- Waseem M, Parvez S (2016). Melatonin Modulates Permeability Transition Pore by Modulation of Mitochondrial KATP Channels in Brain Mitochondria. Mitochondrion,31:1-8.(IF: 3.44)
Honors and Awards
- International Travel Award to attend 35th Annual Meeting of the “Japan Neuroscience Society-2012” held at Nagoya, Japan.
- Travel Award to attend 19th Biennial Meeting of the “International Society for Development Neuroscience (ISDN-2012)” held at Mumbai, India.
- Stipend to attend International course and workshop on “Neuroinformatics” from Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, held at the institute of National Brain Research Centre, India.
- Selected at International level for workshop on “Chronobiology-III Clocks, Rhythm and behaviour” sponsored by Department of Science & technology (DST) Govt. of India, held at the department of Zoology, University of Delhi, India.
- Selected at International course and workshop on “Advance Research Techniques in Neurological Disorders ” sponsored by Society of Neurochemistry (SNCI) held at Central India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur, Maharashtra, Govt. of India
- Selected at International level as a participant for Neuroinformatics workshop held at Montreal Canada.
- Serving as a potential reviewer in Neurotoxicolgy, Neuroscience, Neuropharmacology, Cancer Management and Research, Journal of Pain Research, Heliyon, Oncotargets and Therapy, Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment, Biomedical and Pharmacological Journal, Journal of Environmental Toxicology Pathology & Oncology,Journal of Biochemical and Medical Toxicology, Human and Experimental Toxicology.
- Editorial Board Member in MOJ Toxicology (Journal of Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology), Frontiers in Neuropharmacology.
- Membership of Societies: American Association of Cancer Research; Japan Neuroscience Society; International Society of Neurochemistry; Society of Mitochondria Research & Medicine; Society of Toxicology.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (2017-2019) from National Institute of Health from Govt. of USA.
- Best Paper Award (2016-2017) from Jamia Hamdard for publishing in high impact factor Journal.
- Best Paper Award (2014-2015) from Jamia Hamdard for publishing in high impact factor Journal.
- Senior Research Fellowship (2014-2016) from University Grant Commission, Govt. of India.
- Junior Research Fellowship (2011-2014) from University Grant Commission, Govt. of India.
- Meritorious Research Fellowship (2010-2011) from “Research Promotion Grant” funded by Jamia Hamdard, Govt. of India.
- Junior Research Fellowship (2009-2010) at the Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, from CSIR, Govt of India.