Dr. Priya V.S.
|Nature of Employment
||B.E., M.E., Ph.D.,
||Name of the University
||Year of Passing
||Indian Institute of Technology Madras
||Period of Employment
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
||KCG College of Technology, Karapakkam, Chennai
||Meenakshi Sundararajan Engineering College, Kodambakkam, Chennai
- Environmental Engineering –I
- Environmental Engineering-II
- Environmental science and engineering
- Industrial waste management
- Air Pollution Management
- Municipal Solid waste management
- Basic Civil and Mechanical Engineering
Research Interest & Core Consultancy Areas
- Biological treatment of industrial effluents.
- Treatment of wastewater using Membrane bioreactor.
- Air quality management.
- Smart solid waste management using IoT.
- Synthesis of nano materials and development of advanced oxidation reactor for photocatalysis of pollutants under UV, visible and natural sunlight irradiation
- Water and wastewater testing
- Design of Sewage Treatment Plant
- Priya VS, Ayisha Sidiqua, Ajay, (2020) “Effect of operational parameters and suitability of biological reactors for the removal of VOCs from pharmaceutical wastewater-A review”, International journal of advanced science and technology, vol.29, 10S, pp. 4007-4010.
- V.S.Priya and Ligy Philip, (2015), Treatment of Volatile Organic Compounds in Pharmaceutical Wastewater using Submerged Aerated Biological Filter, Chemical Engineering Journal, 266, 309–319. (Citation -12)
- V.S.Priya and Ligy Philip, (2013) Biodegradation of Dichloromethane along with other VOCs from Pharmaceutical wastewater, Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology , 169, 1197–1218. (Citation – 18)
- V.S.Priya and Ligy Philip (2015), Membrane bioreactor for the treatment of VOC laden pharmaceutical wastewater: Effect of biological treatment systems on membrane performance , Journal of Water Process Engineering, 7, 61–73. (Citation-2)
- V.S.Priya and Ligy Philip, (2015), Photocatalytic Degradation of Aqueous VOCs Using N Doped TiO2: Comparison of Photocatalytic Degradation under Visible and Sunlight Irradiation, International Journal of Environmental science and Development. ISSN- 2010-0264, 6,(4), 286-291. (Citation-5)
- V.S.Priya and Ligy Philip, (2015), Photocatalytic degradation of aqueous VOCs Degradation kinetics of VOC International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 10 No.95 (2015)
- Jeyanthi, J.,Saseetharan, M.K., Priya V.S. 2006. Modelling of secondary clarifier using regression analysis and artificial neural networks. Journal of Environmental science and engineering,48(1),1-8.
- NPTEL-AICTE Faculty Development programme on Integrated solid waste management, July-Oct 2019
- NPTEL- AICTE Faculty Development programme on Structural analysis of nano material, Aug-Sep 2018
- Faculty Development Programme on Solid waste management, Hindustan University, 22-07-2016 and 23-07-2016
Conferences and Workshops Organised
- AICTE Sponsored short term training programme (online ) on Disaster Mitigation from 07.09.2020 to 12.09.2020, (Phase 1) at B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Vandalur.
- Online Webinar for School teachers on Challenges and solutions of online teaching methods, 06.06.2020 at B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Vandalur.
- Online Webinar Series on Sustainable waste management 06.05.2020 to 11.05.2020 at B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Vandalur.
- International workshop on Smart and sustainable green infrastructure, 3.04.2019 to 04.04.2019 at B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Vandalur.
FDP & Workshop Participated
- NPTEL- AICTE Faculty Development programme on Integrated solid waste management, July-Oct219.
- Faculty Development Programme on Solid waste management, Hindustan University, 22-07-2016 and 23-07-2016.
- National Workshop on Planning and Executing an International Quality Ph.D, 08-01-2016 and 09-01-2016, KCG College of Technology.
- Lecture on “Development and Performance Evaluation of a Hybrid Treatment System for the Complete Treatment of Pharmaceutical Wastewater” during the Seminar on Biological wastewater treatment organized by Centre for Environmental Studies, Anna University
- Presided as Chief Guest and delivered Keynote Lecture in FDP -Modern Eco-Friendly Material in Civil Engineering and Hands on Training of Advanced Environmental Engineering Lab Equipments organized by Jeppiaar Engineering College, Chennai on 01-06-2016.
- Chaired a Session in International Conference on Architecture Civil and Environmental Engineering 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Awards, Honors, Distinction & Recognition Received:
- B.E: University rank – Twentieth rank in Civil Engineering secured from Madras university
- M.E: Gold medalist – First rank in Environmental Engineering secured from Government College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- VIFA Award 2017 for the OUTSTANDING FACULTY IN ENGINEERING (Specialization in Environmental Engineering)
- IET Best Students Project Award –I Prize (2016) and II Prize (2017)
- Life Member (11972) – Indian Concrete Institute
- Life Member (9060)- Indian Water Works Association
- Member in Society of Women Engineers
- Coordinator for “National Level School Competition- Young Genius” conducted on 24.10.2018 at B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology.
- Coordinator for “International Workshop on Smart and Sustainable Green Infrastructure” conducted on 04.2019 & 04.04.2019 at B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology